Sign in to follow this  
Stryder

The most important features ARMA 2 needs to have

ANIMATIONS wink_o.gif

I would like to see more and more stances, animations.

Less and less bugs, missing files...

Bigger and better feeling created by Realistic Animations.

How about ragdoll?

I think that dying animations are too limited, when it comes to battle 20 v 20 and for example 15 AI died, about 8 lie the same way. Or soldier blown up by bomb... He is finishing animation in air and then fall on ground like wooden-made.(Personally I was thinking about bombs destroying soldiers, like in SLX mod to OFP)

Also nicely created ragdoll adds many realism to game.

ANIMATIONS should be refine but no ragdoll, which used up too much CPU power, i'd like a smooth gameplay with good AIs instead of laggy gameplay

ANIMATIONS should be refine but no ragdoll, which used up too much CPU power, i'd like a smooth gameplay with good AIs instead of laggy gameplay

Ouch, didn't know that.

Right... no ragdoll then, but I think that there's way to forget about it... to make dying animations similar to SLX ones.

2D ironsights blow chunks. 'Nuff said.

Even as much as 2D? Heck, back to good ol' original Rainbow Six and Ghost Recon crosshairs, that can properly simulate a misaligned weapon.

At the moment it is waaaaaay too easy to shoot in ArmA when turning sharp or when lying prone and shooting at distance. No need to align the sights after every shot at all. Just put the ironsights on target and shoot.

After all a trained rifleman is supposed to be able to put 10-12 accurate shots on a target per minute IRL. One can easily do twice that in ArmA. Likely a full magazine during that minute. All well aimed shots.

Quite sad actually that I can't recall one single aiming system better than the original Ghost Recon and Rainbow Six ones since those games' release.

So please, add the need to realign sights after shooting. Add rotation along the X and Y axis to the recoil animation so that it is harder and takes more time (especially at distance) to shoot again, since then, even if you put your sights straight on target, your weapon won't be properly aligned so you'd shoot over/under/on the sides.

This 'sight alignment' shouldn't be controllable by the player (possible speeded up by good soldier attributes, to simulate a difference between a standard rifleman and a SpecOps with their vastly different training level in shooting). After all we only aim where we want the soldier to shoot.

If I'm supposed to detail-control every moment I'd like to decide when to blink my eyes too. I.e. that detail ain't needed. The soldier is doing his job to his ability. We as players just 'tell' him what to do.

By 2D ironsights, I am referring to OFP's ironsights, not R6 or GR crosshairs, but I appreciate what you're saying about alignment.

Yeah, In arma 1.14 it is very easy to shoot even 30 bullets directly in Head in 1 minute.

I think that recoil and FOV was best in arma 1.00

Also bullet dispersion was nice

About features....

Sometimes when I am angry on my team mates I take M249 and starts extreme supressing fire. Then I see how poor ArmA's environment is. For example disappearing boxes, falling barrels.

I'd like to see something like in Crysis(No, Im not saying that Crysis is good) or Ghost Recon, where everything explodes etc....

Better physics please!

I do not want to see drifting or jumping tanks xD

[edit]

Oh and one more thing, heh.

I would like to count ammo by bullets, not by magazines.

I hate the moments when I load 15~ bullets instead of 30 with still full amount of magazines in eq.

For example, we shoot 15, reload(we have 30 again), then again 15, reload and the magazine should be gone.

in ofp ppl wanted 3D ironsight

in ARMA 1.0~1.08 ppl bitching about the recoil not sharp enought and the dispersion way too much

now you say that you want the 2d back and dispersion and recoil back

guys, can you start making up your mind? confused_o.gif

I hate the moments when I load 15~ bullets instead of 30 with still full amount of magazines in eq.

For example, we shoot 15, reload(we have 30 again), then again 15, reload and the magazine should be gone.

Where would that magazine disappear? You still have it, just with less bullets because you didn't use it up.

Yeah, In arma 1.14 it is very easy to shoot even 30 bullets directly in Head in 1 minute.

I think that recoil and FOV was best in arma 1.00

Also bullet dispersion was nice

About features....

Sometimes when I am angry on my team mates I take M249 and starts extreme supressing fire. Then I see how poor ArmA's environment is. For example disappearing boxes, falling barrels.

I'd like to see something like in Crysis(No, Im not saying that Crysis is good) or Ghost Recon, where everything explodes etc....

Better physics please!

I do not want to see drifting or jumping tanks xD

[edit]

I have to disagre on drifting tanks, its great fun to drive vehicles and drift in curves on the roads  smile_o.gif

I can't understand why somebody would want to remove drifting, besides I think I've seen tanks actually drift a little bit in videos.  biggrin_o.gif

I dunno what people think is wrong with the sights and stuff? I played Arma since release now and I think its gone better and better all the time, i remember sometimes when i tried different mods it came impossible to aim with weapons, Imo realism shouldn't be taken to far so it feels ridiculous to play when you can't aim steady and hit stuff, I think that part of the game is pretty good balanced now.

I can't understand why somebody would want to remove drifting, besides I think I've seen tanks actually drift a little bit in videos.  biggrin_o.gif

This is a joke? Drifting tanks, I would like BIS stay true to simulation not fantasy. Maybe OFP2 can have drifting tanks and nukes....

Drifting a tracked vehicle at 60Km weighing in at 60+ tons

rofl.gif

Please don't turn Arma2 into a kids fantasy world...

goodnight.gif

if the ground is very wet and muddy, then yes, there is a chance

Fine thought but MUD and WET GROUND does not exist in ARMA1 nor ARMA2 confirmed !

nener.gif

Seriously, if mud and wet ground did exist (which it does not) then we'd be all slip sliding down mountains & forming a new ARMA2 sports team....

Arma2 bob sledging team wink_o.gif

Fine thought but MUD and WET GROUND does not exist in ARMA1 nor ARMA2 confirmed !

nener.gif

Seriously, if mud and wet ground did exist (which it does not) then we'd be all slip sliding down mountains & forming a new ARMA2 sports team....

Arma2 bob sledging team wink_o.gif

sorry but i cant afford to lose another 4 CM in height rofl.gif

About features....

[edit]

Everything exploding? You want swamp clouds with that too? Come on... ever seen a wooden barrel full with water or old metal scraps explode?

And counting bullets? So many games already do that arcade whimp-stuff.

Possibly that they could add an action to move bullets from one magazine to the other, so that if you sit on four half-empty magazines you can, if you have the time, get yourself two full magazines instead.

No need to strip away all the realism from one of the very, very few decently realistic games we have, hmm? wink_o.gif

I think the game automatically selects the magazine with the most ammo. If you find yourself always having fifteen or so bullets then you need to quit reloading so often.

And I'm the oppisite on the exploding idea. I'd rather nothing explode from bullets. No, not cars, not barrels (well, catching on fire is kind of cool), maybe not even gas stations. This is something that I've been saying for awhile though.

what comes to civilian behaviour, instead of walking around like robots doing nothing (like in Arma 1)they should do things like:

-drive tractors

-shovel shit & dig at the fields

-go in and out of buidings (more furniture inside builings: stowes etc)

-repair broken cars&tractors

-warm up near fires, frying food&stuff

-farm animals wonder around

-carrying stuff: shovels, luggage, sacks, pitchforks, farmer stuff...

-drive mopeds & vehicles

-children play (if there´s going to be children)

AND! When bullets start flying they should find cover inside buildings & hide + shout at terror etc panic..(looks like they do flee in GC-video)

...it´s not "the Sims" life but you know, just the ordinary stuff farmers do, not hard to implement, just simple animations.

adds a bit more immersion.

... not hard to implement, just simple animations.

I agree mostly... but the not hard to implement gets me a bit. It is indeed a simple animation. The hard part is getting them animated at the right time, the right place in a believable manner.

you dont want to see ppl shoveling in the house, or frying a pan out of nowhere or other things... things are not as simple as it seems

As my teacher used to say, there is no such thing as easy work. Even eating is a hard work process

I hope you dont get me wrong though.. I really like the idea. really adds to the atmosphere.

... not hard to implement, just simple animations.

I agree mostly... but the not hard to implement gets me a bit. It is indeed a simple animation. The hard part is getting them animated at the right time, the right place in a believable manner.

you dont want to see ppl shoveling in the house, or frying a pan out of nowhere or other things... things are not as simple as it seems

As my teacher used to say, there is no such thing as easy work. Even eating is a hard work process

I hope you dont get me wrong though.. I really like the idea. really adds to the atmosphere.

...easy as taking a dump, just relax and vóila. rofl.gif

Some things I would like to see in Arma 2...

Realistic vehicle explosions, bigger blast radius, plus debris.

Bomb/Blast crators.

'Stunned' for soldiers caught in explosions.

Fully destructible landscapes.

Chunks/blood option, plus ragdoll physics.

Mission Editor: Select/Use all 3D objects in the game.

21st Century combat vehicles and weapons.

AI that isn't psychic.

AI that can 'drive' and get from A to B without crashing.

Parachutes which don't open automatically.

I'm allowed to dream...

It would be nice if the game came with being able to land a vehicle on top of another vehicle hardcoded in. It would be able tome make our aircraft carrier addon more than just a static prop!

It would be nice if the game came with being able to land a vehicle on top of another vehicle hardcoded in. It would be able tome make our aircraft carrier addon more than just a static prop!

There is already an aircraft carrier in it. Or an amphibious assault ship I don't remember what the exact class of it was but it at least looked like a carrier. I don't remember which video it was in though.

I think this picture is taken on it.

news-marines.jpg

Although now that I think about it there is a high probability that it is not classed as a vehicle but an object. Hopefully it is a vehicle though.

I think that gamewise, the Wasp carrier is more a "building" (or even a set of multiple buildings glued together according to Ivan Buchta interview) rather than a "vehicle".

For me, it would be good multiplayer. Have clan support, be able to have different settings so you can find the game you want to play.

Also, I think 32 players minimum for XBL

All previous features aside, I'd like to see some diversity. Get some NATO forces in there to play some kind of part, particularly UK forces imo, there's enough differential between the tactics and equipment to make the potential gameplay a lot more interesting imo.

Everything exploding? You want swamp clouds with that too? Come on... ever seen a wooden barrel full with water or old metal scraps explode?

And counting bullets? So many games already do that arcade whimp-stuff.

Possibly that they could add an action to move bullets from one magazine to the other, so that if you sit on four half-empty magazines you can, if you have the time, get yourself two full magazines instead.

No need to strip away all the realism from one of the very, very few decently realistic games we have, hmm? wink_o.gif

Sorry, you may took me wrong. Let me explain in better way.

Saying exploding I wanted to say I prefer destructable environment rather than ArmA1 ones. For example in ArmA1 if you shoot a crate it simply disappear, while I would like it to chop into parts. Hope you understand it now, I am just missing few words....  icon_rolleyes.gif

About counting bullets... oh yeah, tested once again and you're right, the magazine with the most ammo is reloaded automatically.

Sorry for this one wink_o.gif

About drifting tanks... Hmmmm, yeah I heard that in next part of arma drifting tanks will be included... the name of the next part was... ArmA3: The jackass.

Ahhh, then we agree more! Problem with a truly destructible environment with the support for so many players and the large environments ArmA has isn't really doable though. On the other hand one could have models that have certain 'selections' that can be shot apart to break down an object. Doubt we'll see that though due to the huge amount of work sad_o.gif