Sign in to follow this  
canis lupus

Resistance Units

I'm affraid I don't know how to make replacements but I belive they are usually done by someone other than the addon makers anyway... if someone is up for it please go ahead, but might want to wait untill I got this face problem solved

I really like them but they absolutely kill my FPS when there are alot of them on my screen. (When it still runs perfect with the default BI units)

Even 15 of them onscreen cause a significant slowdown. confused_o.gif

Nice units. I am putting to work right away, there is a lot of flexibility in them. I noticed that there were some "models" that only had a few (or one) versions so I have a request.

More units similar to riflemen 19, 22 and 23 see below.

Rifleman 19 has a good look for something similar to a PMC and well armed civilians.

Rifleman 22 looks like an actual military troop from a non-specific country/unit or a well organized civilian militia. The hood is more suited to a sniper or colder environments, so some without would be appreciated.

Rifleman 23 is colour/kit matched for desert warfare and can fit well with civilians operating in that environment. Again some without the hood would be appreciated.

You know, when you are not busy with real life and all. Good work so far.

I can't tell why they would slow the game down but I'll take a look at it after I fix the custom face problem...

I'll see what I can make of that request Snake Raper I'm working on some brand new designs for them, can't tell you much yet though but any hint to what I'm aiming at is welcome

I don't have the lag problem, if it's useful.

I'm starting to love this units, specially the n 21 o 22, the one in caqui camo which looks like a experienced FF or a SpecOps.

Good work

Well thats good to hear Benoist I can't tell if I have it since my arma performance is always different

I got the idea of more homemade gear for them tell me what you think...

res7oj1.jpg

What about make some for use on the Winter island, for the New Ice Age type of missions...!

Else the work is super, keep it up and them coming..   thumbs-up.gif

I would make that bag smaller and put it on a leg, like an ammo bag.

What I like about the units is not only the post-apocaliptic style, also the cold-winter clothes in them.

Opteryx is working in a winter island.

I just tryed out this gang. Pretty fun and very nice to see unconventionel units.

Good addon! yay.gif

Replacement you can do?

I second that, we need a replacement for these units asap wow_o.gif

(I think I'm just going to have to learn making replacements one day.. tounge2.gif )

here's an example of a winter unit, made him in a normal version aswell

not sure how to make that fur arround the hood yet but I'll figure something out

I kind of figured since this is supposed to be a post-apocalypse addon the winter should be a hard one and therefore they should have some heavy winter protection gear

reswinter1ou2.jpg

a couple of other versions

reswinter2xl1.jpg

reswinter3sb8.jpg

The fur doesnt look bad, maybe it would just need a bit sharper or high quality textures wink_o.gif

This will be perfect for winter combat biggrin_o.gif

Totally Awsome !!!!!! notworthy.gifyay.gifyay.gif

Hmmm just one simple request, please configure those beauties for all 3 sides!! whistle.gif

Great Super Addon... notworthy.gifinlove.gif

yeah sorry forgot to ask what do I write in the config to get them to be on all sides?

and I still need help with the custom faces bug, can't figure that one out but since other mods don't do that there must be a solution

yeah sorry forgot to ask what do I write in the config to get them to be on all sides?

and I still need help with the custom faces bug, can't figure that one out but since other mods don't do that there must be a solution

And the pistol bug on some of the units aswell whistle.gif

Not complaining matey as i love these units,i would jus love to see them 100% bug free.

Is ther anyways i can help with the pistol bug,I dont have any modding knowledge but if theres anyone you would like me to contact or anything i can search though id be more than happy to help,just let me know biggrin_o.gif

All the best

Dan

The muddy parts and the clone faces should be changed...keep it east european anyway.

The colloured guys doesnt fit in the group...post apocaliptic groups will be very tribal and very likely racial.

So outsiders and foreigners will not be tolerated in such groups, don`t ya think?

I'm not racist but I agree with Shadowy I think most of them would become seriously suspicious of other races. I also agree we need a west side so they at least fight back against zombies and aliens.

The muddy parts and the clone faces should be changed...keep it east european anyway.

The colloured guys doesnt fit in the group...post apocaliptic groups will be very tribal and very likely racial.

So outsiders and foreigners will not be tolerated in such groups, don`t ya think?

That or they will band together as brothers and realize they are all fighting for humanity, and the greater good.

I can't do anything about the faces at the moment...

about the mud textures, once I get some more experience with texturing I'll get them to look more like mud and worn clothes and make sure they fit the patterns...

once I get more progress I will make it a larger mod, with both the freedom fighters and their enemies, wether that will be tribal war or a combined fight for humanity isn't decided yet, I agree that in a situation of tribal war things like racism will be an issue but I'll have to see about that once I get some more work done... however I won't make the mod so that you can put races up against each other because then we would be back at conflicts seen in the world and this is about conflict never seen before

sure it`s already science fiction when you fight aliens or zombie`s rofl.gif

anyway a version with RHS weapons would be nice? I forgot that to ask pistols.gif

I ment it for you to make you own loadouts since there is already a lot of good weapon packs out and everyone likes different gear... I'll make sure the update will have unbinarized config file to make it a little easier

Could you make a default group? I'm tired of placeing each soldier 1 by 1.

making groups is a little new to me but I wan't to so I'll give it a try... I'll also give them some other names so they might be easier to keep track of, maybe I can even divide them into groups, like heavy and light gear and early and late points of the strugle or at least something like that

here's a quick idea for some enemies, taken its not tribal war

opfor1vy8.jpg