Sign in to follow this  
British Steel

RACS Uniforms

why on earth did they choose the desert camo for RACS, Woodland green/brown camo would have been better, as even in South Sahrani its too green for the desert camo

Maybe they bought it from the United States after the US bought ACU and MARPAT. So the US sold the uniforms and all the RACS did was place their flag on there.

yeah, but why didnt the US army sell them the Woodland green sureally they were "up for sale" too

bollocks, damn reserves

what is it with this new fashion obbsessed US Army, seems to be more strutting down the catwalk with you ACU's on and oyur modified M4 than anything else nowadays

bring back drab green and prone to jamming M16A1s, a real mans army

actually no I think the US equips soldiers in the army reserve with it still.

Nope, all US Army members (Active/Reserve/Guard) are given the ACUs.

actually no I think the US equips soldiers in the army reserve with it still.

Nope, all US Army members (Active/Reserve/Guard) are given the ACUs.

ah so there is no excuse!!!!

I still think the RACS would have looked better with Woodland camo than the desert camo

yeah, but why didnt the US army sell them the Woodland green sureally they were "up for sale" too

Well first off.. Imagin RACS in the good ols Woodland uniform...

BANG! "Yarh i got my self one of them SLA snipers!!"

1-1-F "Hold fire"

The SLA unifor look very much like woodland.. so if RACS had it they would have a hard time seeing whos is freind or foe.

What would have worked would be an all green uniform but apperently as US forces are giving/selling the old 93 style chocoladchip uniform to iraq they could got for the RACS too.

*gameplay'ish

you got your grey forces, yellow forces and green forces.. its pretty simple to see who your supposed to shoot.. whistle.gif

Hum huh.gif

For me South Sahrani is WAY more desert than grass/woods.

ROTC?

Reserve Officer Training Corps - College kids who pretend at being soldiers by shinning boots and doing Drill and Ceremony. If they complete the program, their schooling is paid for and they are commissioned as officers. They usually end up being slightly better than West Pointers, or graduates of any of the other officer academies.

They're in desert for a number of reasons, I would imagine. There's a lot of desert in south sahrani, and it makes it very easy to tell each side from the other.. you have the green sla, the tan RACS and the white USA.

Plain olive green (ideally in the "browny" shade that the

Israelis use) would have been a decent compromise for

them. Either made locally or even bought from Israel (lots of

S. American forces use[d] Israeli stuff. Sahrani has a distinct

S. American redolence to it). Possibly better for Sahrani army

esprit de corps too than relying on cast-offs from the

Yanks.

Israelis are using various different camonets on clothing. But yes, i could see this to be good&logical solution for S.Sahrani without camonet too.

Ofcourse military gear usually is comprimizse of cheap cost, high cost, good looking in parade and in photos, camoflage, easy to get, support to own clothingindustry etc-etc...

Evening all.

Here's my take on it;

Everyone who's played OFP obviously remembers how long it took to learn to differentiate between American's and Russian's with them all being in similar colour schemes. (Shooting your own guys never was fun...)

In ArmA, you've got the American's in their mad Blue Camouflage, the SLA in their Green Camouflage and the RACS in their Yellow Camouflage. No need to concern yourself with shooting your own guys anymore! Yay! biggrin_o.gif

My point was that ROTC has been getting at least some of the old woodland camo uniforms, regardless if they are "real" military or not.

RACS Uniforms are only for show, but they are sexi as hell. Some says this and some says that. I keep seeing RACS comming the wrong way, I say we're shooting the wrong Sahranies.

RACS Uniforms are only for show, but they are sexi as hell. Some says this and some says that. I keep seeing RACS comming the wrong way, I say we're shooting the wrong Sahranies.

Wanna buy some Sahrani M16s? Never been fired and only dropped once. biggrin_o.gif

Well first off.. Imagin RACS in the good ols Woodland uniform...

BANG! "Yarh i got my self one of them SLA snipers!!"

1-1-F "Hold fire"

The SLA unifor look very much like woodland.. so if RACS had it they would have a hard time seeing whos is freind or foe.

What would have worked would be an all green uniform but apperently as US forces are giving/selling the old 93 style chocoladchip uniform to iraq they could got for the RACS too.

*gameplay'ish

you got your grey forces, yellow forces and green forces.. its pretty simple to see who your supposed to shoot.. whistle.gif

Yup, essentially BIS knew we were too stupid to tell similar camouflages apart so they made it very obvious.

Guest Ti0n3r

Why? Because it looks similar to this maybe?

LOL, i missed replying by about 1 post.. I was gonna say, they look kind of like Iraqi camouflage, so I never complain wink_o.gif

The RACS uniforms ARE the same 6 color "chocolate chip" that the Iraqi military uses

Luckily Skaven gave the RACS a good uniform, many months ago... So i haven't seen the ugly chocolate chips in quite a while.

Skaven's RACS v3

I don't know if the new ACUPAT works well in non urban non desert environments IRL. But in a computer game they're more visible than a santa claus costume. Not much fun to play against them as SLA. It seems that a majority here plays the 'dark side' in the sahrani conflict anyway.