Sign in to follow this  
arma.isgreat.org

PVP 2 Sided Evolution

Ok, R3 is out. Changes to the ai. Ai teams switched to Air Cav Divisions. AI will call in air support using 'carpet bombing' similiar to Realcombat. Garrison ai now have AAA assets (ZSU/Vulcan) Garrison AI small fix, where not cycling properly in R2. Town fighting will be harder.

For some reason I can't drive a regular Humvee even though I should be able to since I'm a private.

I love the fact he is continually working on this. Will be trying this soon.

Isgreat, very nice indeed. I have tested on player host and will soon test on dedicated. The only fine tunings are

- The punishment room should be removed for friendly kills when I chopper crashes etc

- Activate remember loadout after respawn

Great stuff, I'm liking this alot!!

smile_o.gif

seems like i got a strange bug here....   when i tried to halo, i kog  tilled,     and then afther respawning, i ended up in the respawn area, but with the halo map up......   and, hitting esc, warped me to the chute.....

other than that,    love the idea

edit, hmm, only happended on the blue side, on opfor, it worked smile_o.gif

Ok, I have released R4 and improved the ai while reducing lag issues.  Ai are more intelligent now and towns spawn assaults on the enemy as well as maintain thier own defense.  Ai teams are now set to counter players on the opposing team.  IE 4 players west, 0 players east, 4 ai teams will start on east for coop play.  Much improved ai integration, fix to HALO script for west side.  

The more towns you take, the more ai will be fighting from them.

No, RC is much older, RC's where release canidates, R+ are releases, r4 is the latest build

I have updated my site to make it easier to find the download section, and have included some screenshots of PVP evo.  To see airstrike pics for ai missions check out the ones from realcombat as the script is the same.

To find out what the newest release is, just goto my site and click 'latest download'

Modders pls download latest vers for your content due to major improvements

http://arma.isgreat.org/

I guess what I mean is, is R4 full Sahrani or just South? Sorry, my mistake I wasn't clear in my question.

I guess what I mean is, is R4 full Sahrani or just South? Sorry, my mistake I wasn't clear in my question.

Well look at the post before yours.. It means what version it is.. why don't you download and take a look.

No its not just South.

I have been releasing later versions in south only until there is a demand. The build can be easily changed to suit the larger version.

I would love the full island to be used and add more space between control points or just add more control points.

I would personally love an update with the goodies you have added to "South" for the large island. I would also love a third team, more control points, with a large fry if we are taking orders smile_o.gif.

Thanks again for your work, ARMA.

Ok, the full Sahrani R4 is out.  I made some small improvements on the way.

Answer for 3 sided - that unfortunately means recoding the entire mission.  I have done it for CTI in the past, but gameplay is dissapointing and the time required to code it is huge.  I plan on making this a good as possible.  Though an RTS type mission with 3 sides and the ability to choose peace/war would be very interesting.

This is great. Now if only the major public servers would take their head out of their arse and try something new. whistle.gif

Just one question.

Did you ask Killjoy about changing his mission ?

Reason: just good manners, i dont like pleople changing my missions without at least letting me know.

And i dont use anyones stuff unless i at least name them in the credits.

This is great. Now if only the major public servers would take their head out of their arse and try something new. whistle.gif

i wouldn't blame the server owners because there are already lots of servers running the mission.

imho it's the players that need to pull out their heads...

Yeah, I'm running it on my servers. You are all more than welcome to hop onto them. Although I am doing a physical server move this weekend so there will be some downtime. I hope it to be less than 4 hours.

Missions put on me lil "pingZero 2" smile_o.gif

1st time I'm tempted to put an Evo there, nice job ArmA.isgreat!

Ok, the full Sahrani R4 is out. I made some small improvements on the way.

Answer for 3 sided - that unfortunately means recoding the entire mission. I have done it for CTI in the past, but gameplay is dissapointing and the time required to code it is huge. I plan on making this a good as possible. Though an RTS type mission with 3 sides and the ability to choose peace/war would be very interesting.

Thank you, Arma. I agree that a RTS type mission with 3 sides and the ability to wage war / peace sounds freakin' awesome.

Hi i fired an email to you the other day but unsure if you got it, but just wanted to say great mission but was hoping you could add a few things to make it that bit better smile_o.gif

Could you implent the execellent Chain of Command beta into this mission? It would really help those who play Evo PvP or even Coop who play serious. Addiontally can you add more objectives and random patrols with group link plus between objectives? Could you make tactical sub objectives like take out ammo dumps, take certain hills which have arty batteries, take out flak sites (stationary shilkas) Finally could use the South Island by Mcools or MAP fact as its great for performance.

Keep up the great work!

Engineers can already build field guns,  and stationary ZSU/Vulcan's are spawned in the towns as part of thier defence.   the funny thing is the rest are all goals I have as well, esp COC addons.  The reason (other than time) that those versions have not come out yet is I have focused development on a non-addon sandbox version to get best deployment.  I would love to see this as a milsiim/clan game, with many unique versions.  I am not adverse to putting custom  modded missions of this type on my site, and will even assist with adding features.  I will work on some secondary objectives shortly, but I am working on a system to reset the mission, without having to leave it.  Enabling scores etc to be kept.  IE all towns/vehicles reset to starting positions and a victor is declared, mission doesn't actually end..  My aim at this time continues to be perfecting the sandbox before adding all of the extra toys.  Something where you wind it up and then participate in the ensuing chaos.  This is a mod for the community.  I notice a number of talented mission makers/modders are on my forum thread, all are welcome to post code, ideas etc or to otherwise participate in this project, just to get manners out of the way.  What I would love if for coders to submit content for this project in a modular form that can easily be added.  Pretty much plug and play. All credits so far have been included.  For vehicle operator specialization, look at the scripts\vecinit.sqf file.  It is where all of that magic happens.  I will keep these ideas in cue and try to integrate them as fine tuning, thank you for the help.

Well what where shooting for is two varations. West start on Rahamdi island with the whole of south (give or take a few small villages) already in OpFor control with various areas heavily fortited (like Hills etc) so its attack and control. The other is what you've created with neutral ground inbetween. Since where striving for realism and have alot of people to command really hoping coc cex engine could be added - with your permission (and abit of help) can do it myself. Looking forward to the next release in either case!