Sign in to follow this  
arma.isgreat.org

PVP 2 Sided Evolution

evctimenu.jpg

Important

This mission never actually ends, it just shows an end sequence, resests all the ai and towns and starts over, no reassign, all JIP.  Your scores are kept if you don't restart it.  Players are put back in thier start positions etc.  You don't need to restart this mission, it can run indefinately.

Menu's

Vehicle purchase

Recruit Soldier

Select Missions(friendly towns/mhq/base)

Fire Support Menu

Transport menu - available at base/mhq (T Key)

Transfer Money(to any player on your team)

Small changes

Vehicles available depend on rank and class.

PVt's can now recruit one squad ai member.

Corazol Split East/West

Mission Details

Press 'T' for Transport menu when in base or at MHQ, you can also return using 'Transport to base' on town flagpoles.  You can transport to the MHQ from base.

Purchase Vehicles and Recruit Soldiers from the action menu

Missions are available for extra points

MHQ can only be used by the MHQ Commander/Officer class.  Map marker is red when MHQ is Damaged, MHQ Options will not work until it is fixed.  MHQ has all base options, but can be driven anywhere.  It provides a mobile point to transport to from base.

Transfer money to other players using the 'Tansfer Money' action.  Earn money from town income and points.

Squad kills by AI under your command will give you points.

Command more troops and gain access to more vehicles as you earn rank

Commander has team spectate ability and can build a Forward Operating base.  A hangar with repair/refuel/Medical Support

Civilian are referee's and have the ability to spectate both teams.  They can also warp at will around the island by clicking on the map.

Rounds complete when a team has reached 1000 points or hold all towns.  Towns are 50 points each and are calculated on game end.  The game automatically resets and keeps all player scores.

Flags markers start as green, then change to blue or red depending on who owns the ground and appear after mission start.

Successfully completed missions add to the team score.

Bases are protected from enemy players, you will be docked 5 points for entering them and lose your vehicle.

AI automatically defend towns and launch assault on enemy positions.

Map markers now show your entire team.  Yellow markers for infantry and parachutes.  Blue for cars/trucks.  Green for armor.  Black X for air And turn red when a unit is destroyed.

Realistic Bleeding and Blackout.

Status screen for all player info

Engineers build Field Guns and Farp's

Snipers have access to Weather/ballistics real time stats

Gain points for fighting over towns. And Completing missions

Earn a team score dependant on towns owned and missions completed.

If you kill an unarmed enemy you will be fined 30 points.

Towns automatically switch sides depending who has more troops there.

As commander you have many Radio commands.

If you go to the Recruitment point you can recruit AI units into your squad.

If you go to the Mission control building you can take a side mission for points.

If you disconnect and reconnect your score and rank will be retained.

If your a leader you can set the squad waypoint by holding shift and left clicking the map.

If your a leader you can remove squad waypoint by holding alt and left clicking the map.

If your a driver you can earn points for carrying soldiers into battle from the base.

If your in command of a vehicle, stop at the airbase, A farp or A dock to be fully serviced.

If you are a medic you can set up a MASH (Mobile Army Surgical Hospital) when players heal (enemy inflicted wounds) you get points. As medic your priority must be healing.

If you are an engineer you can set up a FARP (Forward Arming and Refueling Point) when you are near a repair vehicle. If you fully repair a marked vehicle at your farp you will earn points, As engineer your priority must be repair.

You can set your terrain detail (grass), View distance and Air view distance (How far you see in a plane or chopper) in Transfer or Mission HQ offices. High settings may make your system unstable

wowo this looks amazing - cant wait to try it, can some server admins upload it please??!!!!!!

EDIT - I ran this on a LAN to take a look.

After a few mins I got a warning that Red AI had conquered Masbete. But if I'm a private stuck at the West airfield, how can I get to Masbete to fight (I'm not driving there, would take 30 mins!!!!!wink_o.gif

Basically my question is: do West have to wait until Red team conquers half the map before fighting? Surely at the start the red team should already own North Sahrani and Blues should control the south?

Sounds really, really nice, thanks a lot! thumbs-up.gif

I didn't try it out yet but i'm a bit concerned about the following:

It would be interesting to stress test this map as i think it could be extremely heavy on the server and network as long as people don't focus on a single objective...

I'm not sure how battle focus and equal start conditions are achieved but it would be nice to have a clearly designated frontline from the beginning to prevent people to spread all over the map and choke the server....

You said "The AI fights in the absence of Human players" does that mean if I just make a LAN game by myself the AI on both sides would still dynamically fight and take cities?

I have just finished playing it. The main problem was that the amount of AI just dried up after 2 hours !

Until that point it was great ! Also main bases need MAJOR defence.... it's too easy to get in and waste all the enemy armour sitting there for MAJOR points.

I also found that when I had troops under my control I wasn't getting points for their kills, which is wierd as in the briefing it does say that.

It just needs a little tweaking. Well done !

[TAO] Kremator

Rgr that, thank you for the interest.  I'll hit those points up asap.  It helps a lot for you find these points to improve because there is only so much I can find on my own.  

I have a set of scripts from my realcombat project that can boot enemy players back to thier own base.  Would that help with the base defence issue?  In my experience it takes a lot of lagging ai to defend a base and can befrustrating/innefective for players to defend a static target.

IRT the ai teams, thier is a maximum of 20 ai teams for either side.  For every player that connects to a given side, one ai team is taken from that side's order of battle.  When the player leaves that side, the ai team will come back.  it takes time for the teams to build, and in testing, at times the ai teams were attrited to four or less before being rebuilt.  An ai team manager does build the ai teams.  Note: I did not remove teams when players connect, but the ability to rebuild them.

Quote[/b] ]

I have just finished playing it.  The main problem was that the amount of AI just dried up after 2 hours !  

I will look into the problem with ai falling off in 2 hours or so.  Where there ai teams still on the status board, or did the teams drop in numbers?  I need to know whether they are in game but innefective or not being built.

How is transportation around Sahrani?  I do have a set of teleport scripts for 'teleporting' to captured towns.  I can integrate that if there is an interest.  It does take away from the logistic requirements evo so deftly imposes.

Quote[/b] ]

You said "The AI fights in the absence of Human players" does that mean if I just make a LAN game by myself the AI on both sides would still dynamically fight and take cities

The answer is yes.  I am a former CTI junkie and I am trying to bring that back, having modded both mfcti and crcti you should see it's influences.

PS

Gameplay testers/critics - The more the better, I can code anything you want, it just takes time to get it completely tweaked. I value your ideas and all feedback.

Any coders want to help just drop me a line, I would like to give every class something special to make them unique.  Stuff like seven's sniper scripts really makes the game a lot of fun. I would love to make this a community project.

I had that same problem, for some reason all the AI just dissapeared. The status bar sitll said that there was 20 AI leaders, but the map was empty besides the occasional lone soldier.

Depending on, the AI might be disappearing due to there not being enough groups available to create them. D.murphy-man had the same problem in his Quarantine mission (check the pages furthest back). Using the deleteGroup command seemed to do the trick though. smile_o.gif

Good luck!

Regards,

Wolfrug

Hi,

as we tried the mission, we found two problems:

The first one was that the counter for the Blufor Team's cities did not work properly.

The Capture of Paraiso City (or Somato, both captured by AI) was not counted, so the Blufor Team always had one town less than the Opfor Team and therefore earned less points than Opfor also.

The second one was that

the AI got stuck with its pathfinding in Dolores.

The convois of all AI - Teams from the Blufor Team did not find their paths over the East bridge of Dolores and drove their trucks into the water.

..and kept doing this all the time.

So the AI from the Blufor Team was not able to capture cities further away from the HomeBase than Dolores.

Maybe this is the cause for the "AI - disappearing - problem" that was mentioned above, maybe not.

However, if this mission is beeing played with AI enabled, the AI's pathfinding is interrupted by the Dolores' bridges.

I like the concept of playing Evolution PvP, giving it a touch of CTI.

This is one I see great potential in, so keep up the good work.

I just played your real combat mission and I have two questions

*Does your version of EVO have all the features that your real combat

*Does your real combat mission suffer from the deleteunit bug yet (I haven't played long enough to know.

Also when the AI was still there, the entire BLUFOR army was stopped by Delores's bridges.

Just played it again with TAO guys. There were 6 of us (3 on each side) and I found that if I harrassed them, by HALOing at their base, I could really screw them up.

I placed satchels in their hangars and did a LOT of damage !

Maybe having random patrols would help as well in base ?

Keep up the good work though ...... this is a winner !

Teleporting to friendly bases would really spice things up !

TAO Kremator

I am planning on a second release canidate tonight, lots of extra goodies including bleeding/blackout vehicle/player status and fixes including ai pathing.

Sounds very nice indeed, pvp evolution yay.gif

Will test the second release when it comes

Ok, goto the site and download RC4 for a newest copy. There are many fixes and improvements. including ai pathing for the west.

Bases are now in a zone defended from enemy players.

The status display has been improved with vehicle info and player health info using a bleeding script, see briefing and credits for info on that. Medics just became more important as you will bleed out.

Same download location as before, Download page ie updated, but hit f5 is req.

Scratch that, RC5 is out.  It includes a changed startup with all but carazol claimed and also includes a system that alerts you to combat on the map and on your status screen to easily identify where the action is.

I have also taken additional steps to keep fix ai pathing isues.

Great idea, i have found some issues whilst in game.

a) when i respawn back at blufor base i see a clone of my self

b) tryed 3 slots and found them all to start with a AK and no visual on a crate as blufor

c) as medic could not heal self or others

d) whilst HALO in as blufor i was dressed as Opfor

e) as SL the stats screen doesent disapear, stays top left in the way.

Hope this helps

Great idea for game play...Using the latest RC5 version, opfor establish a foothold, but west soon countered.  FLOT formed beteween Cayo and Dolores (Thats when i stopped game)

Few observations made with friend

Issue

-As opfor I as able to spectate with bluefor, this should not be allowed

-As already mentioned, there were some nasty traffic congestion issues, especially on Corazol bridge

-Bluefor numbers did not build as quick, tho this may be due to geometry of south sarhani

- On respawn the weapon loadout changes

Wish

-Ability to spawn at captured towns

-Ability to speactate through friendly AI

Had fun smile_o.gifsmile_o.gif

RC6 is out with many fixes and the abilty to turn the status menu on and off through a player command.

You will now gain points from your ai.

note:

RC6 repaced by RC7, due to a small fix of the sniper script.

RC8 released - fixed additional pathing, mission bug on west and marker bug.

RC9 released - more refinements, spawn changes

Quote[/b] ]

Could you add some form of AI transport, or allow us to spawn at cities under our control, because when the game starts and everyone's privates it's kind of a long drive to corazol each time you die. In the original EVO it wasn't that big of a problem because the first thing everyone attacked was paraiso and by the time you got to clearing corazol you had a high rank so travel wasn't a problem.

RC10 has a warp bld in each base and a warp point by Corozol, simply walk/drive in

For those who have modded this mission, feel free to info me and or send me a copy so I can post it on my site.

Also I am looking for a server to play this on, leave a message here if your hosting this pls

Could you add some form of AI transport, or allow us to spawn at cities under our control, because when the game starts and everyone's privates it's kind of a long drive to corazol each time you die. In the original EVO it wasn't that big of a problem because the first thing everyone attacked was paraiso and by the time you got to clearing corazol you had a high rank so travel wasn't a problem.

Great, i haven't tested RC10, but could it be a idea to make this warp-point only working when your team has ownership over all cities on its side of the island? For opfor this would be all cities north/east of Corazol, and for west it would be all cities south/west of Corazol.

This way you could sabotage the enemy's progress by sneaking past the front line, and you would have people defending the cities near its base better when those are under attack.

Hi, we were playing this one for some hours with RC7 now..

(lol 3 new revisions of this mission came out while testing RC7..)

Nevertheless I would like to share some problems we found in the RC7 - revision, because they were not mentioned here already and maybe they have not been fixed in RC10 yet.

One thing we found was that the FARP's did not work.

Vehicles just did not get their repairs when the FARP was build close to them.

Also the automatic - vehicle - maintenance function at the Team's homeplate did not work as it in original Evolution does.

The bleeding script did not stop the player making bleed even if a medic healed the player or the player healed himself at a medic - tent or a medic - truck.

Suggestion:

Give the Option to disable the Blackout - Effect,

A lot of players visiting the mission found that this gets quite on one's nerves (including myself) beeing distracted by this stroboscope - effect (especially when piloting aircrafts).

As I have not tested RC10 yet, please forgive me if I mentioned problems that have already been fixed.

The mission gets better and better, great work.

[EDIT]:

The mission is currently beeing hosted on:

Jaegerbataillon Nordland Coop (v1.09b - AddOns allowed)

FYI:

The mission - name has been altered to:

PVP 60 EVOLUTION Red VS Blue RC12

The file - name has been altered to:

pvp_60_evolution_red_vs_blue_rc_12.sara.pbo

(This happens to all missions that are beeing hosted on our coop - server due to the clarity of the mission - menu)

Rgr that, RC11 is out virtually identical to RC10 other than a switching warp point as described in the previos post.

As for the farp and Bleeding issues, new vers 'should fix that'  and I am comprimizing on the blackout effect.  Medics dont work when your really really dying with this script.

RC12 is out, I left the death disco till your about to die and checked on those bugs. Hopefully all is fixed now and dying is less annoying wink_o.gif

Thank you for your help in finding these issues and coming up with ideas.