Sign in to follow this  
mandoble

Mando Bombs and Mando Air Support Console

That might be an option for reinforcements, but not for airborne assault. The reason is that the marked support position is not only used to eject the troops, it is used also as HOLD position by the airborne troops and in most cases this position would not be well suited for any chopper to land and that night cause many unwanted crashes.

That might be an option for reinforcements, but not for airborne assault. The reason is that the marked support position is not only used to eject the troops, it is used also as HOLD position by the airborne troops and in most cases this position would not be well suited for any chopper to land and that night cause many unwanted crashes.

reinforcement only works for me.

Mando

Here is another one for ya. After playing around with your system I discovered that to use map click airsupport you need an armoured target. The aircraft wont attack infantry or an area. Is there a way to change that so if there is no armour it drops the bombs on or near the map click designation.

I like that idea, but not only for the map click support, also for the console CAS and saturation attack options smile_o.gif

You will see that included in next release.

I like that idea, but not only for the map click support, also for the console CAS and saturation attack options  smile_o.gif

You will see that included in next release.

You da man Mando! Keep up the good work.

Is there a way to change that so if there is no armour it drops the bombs on or near the map click designation.

Hey Mandoble,

I second this idea.

Can't wait for the next release.

[TAO] Kremator

So far there are two new things in the next release.

- If you lock on the reco camera near a vehicle, the camera will follow the vehicle.

- If you select an area empty of enemy vehicles for CAS or saturation, the planes or missiles will target the selected position.

So far there are two new things in the next release.

- If you lock on the reco camera near a vehicle, the camera will follow the vehicle.

- If you select an area empty of enemy vehicles for CAS or saturation, the planes or missiles will target the selected position.

Here is another bit of fun with this system. Modify the No Call gunship script by change the cobra with a CoC A10, raise their minimum and watch it go to town.

Mando would it be at all possible in your next release to somehow make it so that the recon camera can be attached to an ah-1z that I am actually flying not just a distant drone - I would love to be able to lock on to vehicles from a distance with your recon cam check out they are enemy and engage with cannon or missiles.

then I could also add this to a plane that i'm actually in as well perhaps.

sorry I think I asked this before! :-)

this is probably for COC/CEX to ask but I was wondering just how reinforcements could dynamically show up as a unit using Chain Of Command?

I know that initializes on mission start with its unit parameters, so I guess that wont work, I wonder what would be the bridge/link to have reinforcements from this mod to dynamicaly assign an icon for control in COC?

Hmmm .... (this could be classed as of topic but wanted to see if anyone could think of a way).

hey guy...does anyone know the syntax to create a bomb when i activate a trigger or logic.

Thks

Ok so im toying with this abit and

cant get it to work...

I did as you state in the readme:

"/

To use it in your missions:

- Copy mando_bombs into your mission folder.

- If you want to use the Air Support Console, edit (or create) your description.ext file and add:

// Include required for air support console dialog

#include "mando_bombs\mando_airsupportdlg.h"

- And now you can use any of the provided scripts at will./ "

Then i tryed the mission but nothing happens..

There must be more i have to do, for this to work..

I Placed the text "//Include....."/ in my existing descr file

and the mando_bombs folder within the missionfilder.

I havent added anything in the editor or placed units or

stuff in there at all...

Just open any of the existing demo missions with the console and ckeck the description.ext file there. Also remember that every time you modify your description.ext file you need to re-load your mission in the editor for the changes to take effect.

Jupp...Doesent work...

Heres a small part of descr.ext

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">// Include required for air support console dialog

class CEX

{

LaunchOnStart = 1;

CamEnabled = 1;

HudEnabled = 1;

SwitchEnabled = 1;

CamMaxHeight = 200;

CamMaxDistance = 100000;

CamMaxAngle = "90"; // "-atan(_this/100)";

HudViewRange = 1000;

class CompanyA

{

CallSign = "Alpha Lima";

Name = "AlphaLima";

IconMap = "COC_NATO_INF_LIGHT_COMPANY";

class Companyhq

{

Leader = "AlphaLima";

Name = "AlphaLima";

CallSign = "AL";

NameMap = "Alpha Lima";

IconMap = "COC_NATO_INF_LIGHT_COMPANY";

sizemap = 0.7;

};

So far that seems correct inside the description.ext. Try what you are doing about the console in a clean mission to make sure there is nothing there interferring with the console dialog.

Tested...Not working...

I have:

Folder...Mando_Bombs

description.ext:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">// Include required for air support console dialog

mission

In the mission/editor there are ONE bluefor 3 groups

T72 Opfor...Thats it..

But is that really all i nedd??

I wont need to add stuff in Player INIT line or something.

Or have a init.sqf or something.??

Of course you need a way to provide the action for the console activation (to execute the console script), for example into the init.sqf as in the demo missions:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">

vehicle player addAction ["Air Support console", "mando_bombs\mando_airsupportdlg.sqf"];

Awsome...

Mando.Airsupp with COC CE make a hell of a mission...

Im testing now and it is heavy on the PC. Playable

but heavy...Im wondering if the mission is placed on a

diffrent server will the PC load be smaller or easier??

New version 1.56 available:

- Better reconnaissance camera control, now you can point directly down of the the plane.

- Maximum zoom level or reco camera increased.

- Reconnaissance camera now can lock on and track moving vehicles.

- CAS and Missile saturation missions will target selected position if not suitable targets are found in the support area.

- Added an option to enable attacks from reconnaissance plane's camera (

). New demo mission included showing this feature: mando_bombs_armedrec.Sara

- Some minor fixes and additions to the help file.

I don't know if that was mentioned somewhere, but option to lock on and track moving vehicles have one big bug. After switching off lock on mode the target vehicle disappears wink_o.gif

There is an easy way to fix that. Instead of deleting mando_support_laserlogic_target in mando_airsupportdlg.sqf, I changed it to objNull and it seams to work fine.

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">mando_support_laserlogic_target = objNull;

Thanks for the feedback Matek.

Yesterday I was about to make v1.57 public, which addresses that issue and also adds a global to set maximum alt limit for any mission up to 1000m, adds detected targets with engines on to reco camera (so now you can go hunting by night) and allows you to guide the reco plane using the mouse over the terrain. But sadly my video card got fried and now I cannot access my ArmA PC until I find a replacement.

Mandoble,

New version sounds very good indeed. Looking forward to using it !

Gluck on getting the new GFX card.

[TAO] Kremator

PS you could always release it as a beta. I'm sure certain of us wouldn't mind testing it for ya smile_o.gif

No, I cannot. I simply cannot access that PC with ArmA and all the scripts. The VCard got fried just when I was about to transfer the v1.57 zip to the OFPEC server.

The fix posted above by Mateck is critical for v1.56 and reco camera. So, while I get a working PC, make sure to apply to your current 1.56 version.