Sign in to follow this  
namman2

hamas ver2 beta

Great project mate, thanks for the release smile_o.gif

sTEW

Excellent, I see you have fixed the ankle bug smile_o.gif

These are great, thank you Soo Much for the release! Going to go use them right now yay.gif

Looks awesome man!!!!

thanks man now we can truly play lobo good instead of fighting SLA with the IDF

thanks man awesome job with hamas

thnx and you can say you anything because i really dont support hamas

thnx and you can say you anything because i really dont support hamas

ok so make some PLO terrorists too!!

you know those with the m4's and m16's etc' it will be cool

we can make missions of the civil war in gaza and if you can make maps too

gaza would be awesome wouldn't it but i think im pushing it a little bit here tounge2.gif

Has to be it joke? Even as BETA on weak addon. It do the best try more. It enrich about details, better textures. Then, maybe something will be from it. smile_o.gif

I thought that they were fine. True, they can be developed by mixing and matching different civilian models and clothes, but overall not a bad start.

My mod, the Lost Brothers is also going to be releasing some Hamas units, however we are not competing. I think its good to have different versions to select from. It provides more choices for mission makers.

In the near future, I'm hoping to get a team together to make some Hezbollah units like the excellent ones that my mod team had for OFP. Maybe Namman can help with that project. I'm hoping to get Thunderbird to help once he's finished his current projects in OFP and with helping with the 1985 stuff for ArmA.

Our IDF need good tough enemies for good exciting missions that present a challenge.

Hamas has a few good units, but most don't have proper training or good equipment.

The PLA/Fatah has a few interesting units, but these days they don't take part in combat much against the Israelis. They mostly just end up fighting Hamas. So if any PLA (formerly PLO) units are made, a realistic mission for them would be them fighting against Hamas. In some ways that would be interesting as they would be more evenly matched militia forces. Fighting against the IDF (even in ArmA) is a bit one sided unless you put only a few IDF and tons of Hamas. Add in a few IDF tanks and air support and it becomes a shahid (martry) mission where you are almost guaranteed to die. That becomes a bit boring regardless of which side you play.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

As others said already .. please put some more effort into it. 3 identical units with different loadouts plus error messages aren´t a beta but an alpha to my understanding.

Nothing the usual ArmA Joe would like to bother with confused_o.gif

As of now using custom faces are still the better choice imho - http://i222.photobucket.com/albums....eta.jpg

PS: The texture on the pants looks familiar .. VBS1? huh.gif

As others said already .. please put some more effort into it. 3 identical units with different loadouts plus error messages aren´t a beta but an alpha to my understanding.

Nothing the usual ArmA Joe would like to bother with  confused_o.gif

As of now using custom faces are still the better choice imho - http://i222.photobucket.com/albums....eta.jpg

PS: The texture on the pants looks familiar .. VBS1? huh.gif

yep!!!

hey what do you thin of this;

cooporating with VILAS and using is weapons for his hamas insurgents

Yeah Vilas is a good guy. Talk to him and he'll help you out.  Also the guys who made the WP Iraqi insurgents will help you out as well if you need more textures for your Hamas men.  

(LoBo got permission to use some of their textures which we modified a bit).  

But overall, the civilian textures are thankfully fairly easy to modify.  You can dePBO them and access the textures from the characters.pbo in your addons folder.  The civilian textures should map right on to your current Hamas guys and they are easy to modify as far as colors and stuff.  

So have fun with your Hamas guys and just be creative.  For Arab faces, what we did here at LoBo temporarily is just made some of the white BIS faces (that looked a little bit Arab) tan in photoshop.   What has been harder is finding good bearded faces.

smile_o.gif

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

ok i'll try to do some variants

edit here's one

hamasv1.jpg

hamasv3.jpg

hamasv4.jpg

note : the suburban and the mercedes are for advertisment tounge2.gif

Excellent! Now you're in business. They look great. Now they just need Ak-47's instead of AK-74's. smile_o.gif

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

The 'Shemagh' seems to be slightly out of place here as it is mainly used by Iraqi rebels, Hamas armed units mainly wear balaclavas or green caps with known 'Quran Verses' written on green banners.

The BDU camo needs to be enhanced as well.

Regards,

TB

Your camo appears to be huge woodland?

Check some samples and compare the sizes.

smile_o.gif

Here's some hamas variety

hamas.jpg

Maybe your Shemagh is a little more "fatah"? Im no expert though.

fatah-demonstrate.jpg

The 'Shemagh' seems to be slightly out of place here as it is mainly used by Iraqi rebels, Hamas armed units mainly wear balaclavas or green caps with known 'Quran Verses' written on green banners.

The BDU camo needs to be enhanced as well.

Regards,

TB

I've seen the occasional Palestinian militiaman wearing the shemagh although I'm not sure if they were Hamas or not. If he decides not to use it, I hope he lets my mod use it as its much better then the ones LoBo has on our Hamas members (although we got some with the green caps and black masks as well).

But at any rate, I think they look fine as long as they are balanced out with guys with the green caps and headbands (and the current ones he has with the black masks).

As for the cammo jackets.... they wear all kinds of cammo and military style jackets. The only uniform I've seen them wear are the black T-shirts and pants (and green cap or headband with Qu'ran verses). At any rate, overall I really like the modelling and texture work. The textures could be slightly better to make it look like more standard American style woodland cammo but overall I don't think its a huge problem.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Good work, addon looks better. Keffija looks familiar.Inspiration from SoF-Payback?

Very nice ! notworthy.gif

Thanks for this, keep up the good work, maybe I can suggest you to make more different camos-textures. wink_o.gif

Very nice man! any chance you going to make more varients? like guys with PK's, or smaller AK-47 like the special russain units have?

other then that, more model varients could be nice, like Hamas with caps (like the cevilians have) or one "commander", that could be a team leader of some sort.

now the IDF have some real enemies to fight yay.gif

where can we find the suburbans and benz's???

your models are remarkable but i must say as far as i know i think hamas is a bunch of assholes for launching all those rockets into israel