Sign in to follow this  
namman2

hamas ver2 beta

Why no blood for the "final" version?

Quote[/b] ]your models are remarkable but i must say as far as i know i think hamas is a bunch of assholes for launching all those rockets into israel

Ya ok...and this is the place to discuss that? A game forum. crazy_o.gif

Why no blood for the "final" version?
Quote[/b] ]your models are remarkable but i must say as far as i know i think hamas is a bunch of assholes for launching all those rockets into israel

Ya ok...and this is the place to discuss that? A game forum. crazy_o.gif

forget about it!

im wondering if you can direct us to or release for download the benz and the suburban they are sick!

Yeah I'm kinda curious about the cars as well.   I'm glad you dropped the political discussion.   If you want to PM me, I'm literally neutral on the topic and well versed in peace and conflict studies in the region (I have Israeli and Palestinian friends) and I can better explain to you the situaton from a neutral anthropological point of view what the problems are (and possible solutions for solving them) if you wish to listen.

To me it is a sad tragedy of a fight between brothers that makes me very very sad as I know from personal experience that they have extremely good and beautiful people on both sides.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

cool i sent PMs i hope you will read and i hope namman will upload the cars!

Yeah I'm kinda curious about the cars as well. I'm glad you dropped the political discussion. If you want to PM me, I'm literally neutral on the topic and well versed in peace and conflict studies in the region (I have Israeli and Palestinian friends) and I can better explain to you the situaton from a neutral anthropological point of view what the problems are (and possible solutions for solving them) if you wish to listen.

To me it is a sad tragedy of a fight between brothers that makes me very very sad as I know from personal experience that they have extremely good and beautiful people on both sides.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Very, very well said Miles, honestly.

Moving on though, first let me add that I am also neutral on this subject and my intention here has no agenda. This in no way is an endorsement for Islam as I am an atheist by faith, but I have the highest respect for all religions, faiths, etc.

That said, I just want to point out what the white Arabic writing means, well usually means.

It's the Shahadah or Profession of Faith. It's the first of the 5 pillars of Islam. Also, It's basically one of the only "requirements"(that's a terrible way to put it though) to become a Muslim. A better way to say it is, it's one of the most fundamental creeds in Islam.

Roughly translated it basically says:

I testify there is no God except Allah, and I testify Mohammad is the Messenger of Allah.

It appears on many flags, banners, etc. around the Arab World, so it's not just the Hamas flag. Although, the green flag/white shahadah combination is generally an indication of Hamas affiliation. Other groups, individuals, etc. have used it before.

Lastly, I'm not sure if it even appears in the Quran. I think it was first "written down" by a early Islamic Scholar. I can't say for sure though

Sorry all about my off topic posting but I feel, due to the importance of the Shahadah to Islam, it is important to clarify. Hey it's not my belief but bottom line, too many around the World it could one of the most important words they've ever spoken. And IMHO, I gotta respect that.

Besides, if you know any Muslims ask them to recite it for you. It truly sounds beautiful, poetic if you will.

Now, I'll shut my mouth about religion. biggrin_o.gif

the models are awesome please release the suburbans and benzs as soon as you can thanks!

He said they are advertisements. Not sure exactly what that means but it could mean they are not his to release. I got the impression he wrote that as a disclaimer of sorts. Possibly to squash questions about them.

It's probably quicker to PM him about them. Just my opinion, but I imagine he would've discussed them by now if they are his to release. I was planning to PM him about them but decided against it since he hasn't replied to any of your inquiries. I don't want to bother him, just in case he hasn't replied for a reason.

But let me get back to the topic...

Regarding the wounds. If there is not any future plans to fix them, is it something I could do on my own? Even though I have no idea what it takes to add wound textures to units, I could probably handle it. rofl.gif

If someone that has experience adding wound textures reads this post, could you PM me please? I'd like to get a feel for the work/time this entails.

Last but not least, thanks to namman2 for the great units. Your work/time is greatly appreciated.

Good work on the "shamang" (i think thats the English for the red robe).

One pointer : needs more variation but def good.

Hezballah next? whistle.giftounge2.gif

He said they are advertisements. Not sure exactly what that means but it could mean they are not his to release. I got the impression he wrote that as a disclaimer of sorts. Possibly to squash questions about them.

Judging from the pics at least the SUV is from Mechanics OFP vehicles, and w/o the original authors explicit permission (although Mech is out of business since 5 years) he cannot release them on BI Forums due to the new blabla permission rule.

Seems to be okay though for VBS2, as seen on Kronzkys Page whistle.gif

So, if you want more vehicles, pay a thousand dollars to BIA biggrin_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]It's probably quicker to PM him about them. Just my opinion, but I imagine he would've discussed them by now if they are his to release. I was planning to PM him about them but decided against it since he hasn't replied to any of your inquiries. I don't want to bother him, just in case he hasn't replied for a reason.

ive already been talking to him. you just take a chill pill there lil guy no duh he made that as a disclaimer. just stating the obvious

http://kronzky.info/cars/suvs/suvs.htm[/ur]

nice find please someone should get those escalade models and bring them to arma

Seems to be okay though for VBS2, as seen on Kronzkys Page whistle.gif

So, if you want more vehicles, pay a thousand dollars to BIA biggrin_o.gif

That was a car pack Kronzky was working on for VBS1 not for VBS2 smile_o.gif

So.....instead of a thoussand you only need a few hundred dollars  xmas_o.gif

Now thats a bargain right?  rofl.gif

Quote[/b] ]It's probably quicker to PM him about them. Just my opinion, but I imagine he would've discussed them by now if they are his to release. I was planning to PM him about them but decided against it since he hasn't replied to any of your inquiries. I don't want to bother him, just in case he hasn't replied for a reason.

ive already been talking to him. you just take a chill pill there lil guy no duh he made that as a disclaimer. just stating the obvious

http://kronzky.info/cars/suvs/suvs.htm[/ur]

nice find please someone should get those escalade models and bring them to arma

CURSOR,

That was just a friendly suggestion. But what's with the "lil guy" and "chill pill" comment? I suggest you address me with a little more respect. I gave you that courtesy, I would appreciate the same in return.

He did the same to me when i questioned one of his posts and then he edited it after...because his response was just plain stupid.

Say hello to the new guy. icon_rolleyes.gif

they were released for gta sa and i cant release them because they are not mine and about the wounds you can freely edit the models or anything you want since they are original BI models

what would be interesting is having a variant that can blow themselfs up rofl.gifnener.gif

good job ill be lookin for updates biggrin_o.gif

It would be more like them blowing themselves up and doing nothing but taking out a couple of IDF at an outpost or messing up the paint job on a IDF Zelda unless someone was sick enough to make a mission where you must blow up a bunch of civilians.   Personally... I'd rather not see that... my mod thought about that and we ended up just making a VBE (Vehicle Born Explosive) cuz that is used more commonly (and more effectively) against military targets.   Suicide bombers who strap explosives to themselves however tend to focus more on "soft targets" meaning civilians.  Thats something I'd rather not see simulated in ArmA.  But thats just my opinion and addon makers are free to make whatever they want.  I just want them to think through how the addons might be used by others who may actually use them as training tools.

They will do so regardless, but no sense in making it easier for them to practice the worst of such suicide tactics.

If anything I'd rather that they learn to fight honorably as true Islamic warriors.   That kind of enemy at least the IDF can respect as a worthy adversary. Hezbollah for example went toe to toe with the IDF fighting hard and skillfully like true soldiers. I've talked to many IDF who respect that, but of coarse still hate them for wanting to wipe out Israel.  Its kinda sad cuz a Hezbollah/Israeli alliance would be one hell of a powerful force in the region both militarily and economically.

I think they would find that they share a lot in common with Orthodox Jews as far as religious values and practices go.  

Couple that with a solid and fair peace treaty with the Palestinians (to include Hamas) and you'd have peace in the region.   I know this isn't a political thread...but damn.... Nasrallah (spiritual leader of Hezbollah) screwed up bad not using his newly won respect to extend an olive branch towards Israel.  He single-handedly could have turn around Middle East politics in the region towards a path of peace and reconciliation.   I hope that maybe missions made with these Hamas addons can show that kind of attitude.   Missions where they fight with honor and not as narrow-minded thugs or religioius zealots.   I know some damn smart Hamas members so I know they exist.  They're not all idiots and murderers.  They just need a voice above the extremists amongst them.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

lets keep it a game thread. I dont want to open my mouth on these guys.

is it not possible to have anything middle astern and no socio/political talk? lets be honest almost every addon ever made in any military game is offensive to people. war games by definition is offensive to many. Re-hashing all that every time just because its current is kinda silly. with that said confused_o.gif - i agree with what you said mayby you should link people to a blog or text document with your personal beliefs on such matters? confused_o.gif

Its not just a question about politics. Its a question of about exactly how "real" do you want these guys to be. Then you have to actually understand the make-up and character of Hamas to understand how "realistic" they should be. Which Hamas types do you want to simulate? Do you want to simulate Shahid suicide teams? Do you want to simulate specific units in specific areas of the Palestinian territories?

But when someone asks to simulate a suicide bomber, its like asking a mission maker to write a mission where the goal is to gun down civilians. Yes a game was made already like that (Grand Theft Auto). Its up to the addon maker to decide what is ethical and what is not. Then up to the player to decide whether to download that and use it.

Personally I know damn well that if I started making missions using the WP_Insurgents for example where the goal was to show techniques for proper sniping attacks against American soldiers, I guarantee you that I'd get a knock on my door by the FBI.

This is not just politics. These addons are potential training tools. Anyone here in the military or who is ex-military knows this. That is why I brought up the issue about making a suicide bomber. The rest was just my personal opinions which I probably shouldn't have posted as that is way off topic.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Its not just a question about politics. Its a question of about exactly how "real" do you want these guys to be. Then you have to actually understand the make-up and character of Hamas to understand how "realistic" they should be. Which Hamas types do you want to simulate? Do you want to simulate Shahid suicide teams? Do you want to simulate specific units in specific areas of the Palestinian territories?

We bomb the shit out of americans and russians each day in ArmA, don´t see a problem in getting more armys into the game while keeping it as real as can be (child soliders exclusive). Things like IED´s arent political correct either but a fun way to simulate the stress caused by such things because it´s still a game and the only ones suffering from it are stupid pixels.

But when someone asks to simulate a suicide bomber, its like asking a mission maker to write a mission where the goal is to gun down civilians.

The things that Parvus does to them concern me more than any kind of virtual killing biggrin_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]These addons are potential training tools. Anyone here in the military or who is ex-military knows this.

And how is this game in general not a "potential killing tool"?

We just want have some fun, without the pesky politics involved. Go play with Jack Thompson if you find him so fascinating rofl.gif

Quote[/b] ]These addons are potential training tools. Anyone here in the military or who is ex-military knows this.

And how is this game in general not a "potential killing tool"?

Slain with an ArmA DVD ... the most terrible way to die tounge2.gif

plus based on the context the fbi should know if your using it as gameplay or as a training tool.