Sign in to follow this  
Synide

Synide move uv's

I should point out as with all these 'tools' I'm releasing they are in no way 'refined'. They are just quick and nasty coding to get something working as fast as possible.

Ok,

Here's a we process + tools to...

1. 'Stitch' or 'Merge' Textures together.

2. 'Shift' the UV's associated with those textures in the model to the appropriate place.

synMoveUV.rar (32 MBytes) Link is not 24x7.Sorry about the size.

Mirrored @ RKSL - synMoveUV.rar (32 MBytes)

Mirrored @ ArmedAssault.info - synMoveUV

Mirrored @ Combat-Prison.net synMoveUV

Mirrored @ Armed-Assault.de - synMovUV

Mirrored @ Armaholic.com - synMoveUV

It includes a small demo video etc... I can't be arsed making proper documentation and also the tool might produce premature balding... so use with caution.

BTW, Yes, that byte you have to edit in the .tga is at offset 17 - And, should be changed from whatever it happens to be to... 28 hex (40 decimal).

Note. Two of the tools included are from Nvidia's developer tools. They can be downloaded with there documentation, eula etc. from Texture_Atlas_Tools_1.0.0826.1700.exe and DDS_Utilities_8.31.1127.1645.exe.

==================================================================

synMoveUV_NoVid.rar (16 MBytes) - No Video...

Usage Details for the version without the Vid...

1. Extract the .rar.

2. Move the synBodies folder to your root folder on your P:\ drive.

3. Goto the SynBodies\tx - Texture folder.

4. Run the dos batch file... MergeTextures.cmd

5. Delete the synSniper0.dds file.

6. Rename the synSniper000.tga to synSniper.tga.

7. Open the tga in a Hex Editor.

8. Change byte 17 from 0x20 to 0x28 and save. (you are now able to open in TexView2 - without this alteration you won't be able too...)

9. Open the synSniper.tai text file in a Text Editor.

10. Make the texture names at the bottom exactly the same as in your model.

11. place a comma between the first (current texture) and the second (new texture) and alter the second texture name to point to the appropriate place. in this example the file would originally look like...

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">

webbings_co.tga synSniper0.dds, 0, 2D, 0.000000, 0.000000, 0.000000, 0.250000, 1.000000

spec_two_holster_co.tga synSniper0.dds, 0, 2D, 0.500000, 0.000000, 0.000000, 0.500000, 0.500000

hhl_34_co.tga synSniper0.dds, 0, 2D, 0.250000, 0.000000, 0.000000, 0.250000, 0.500000

hat_hands_co.tga synSniper0.dds, 0, 2D, 0.250000, 0.500000, 0.000000, 0.250000, 0.500000

And, you need to change it too... NOTE:- you should'nt need to alter anything else apart from the texture names at the start of the lines and placing a comma between them...

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">

synbodies\tx\webbings_co.tga,synbodies\tx\synSniper.tga, 0, 2D, 0.000000, 0.000000, 0.000000, 0.250000, 1.000000

synbodies\tx\spec_two_holster_co.tga,synbodies\tx\synSniper.tga, 0, 2D, 0.500000, 0.000000, 0.000000, 0.500000, 0.500000

synbodies\tx\hhl_34_co.tga,synbodies\tx\synSniper.tga, 0, 2D, 0.250000, 0.000000, 0.000000, 0.250000, 0.500000

synbodies\tx\hat_hands_co.tga,synbodies\tx\synSniper.tga, 0, 2D, 0.250000, 0.500000, 0.000000, 0.250000, 0.500000

12. copy/move the synSniper.tai file to synBodies folder... where the model is sitting...

13. run the dos batch file 'MoveUV_1.cmd'.

14. Look at the results in the new synSniper_m.p3d.

15. You will note that in the UV editor the UV's associated with Hat & Hands are in the wrong place... Oh NO !

This is because that's where they are sitting in the original synSniper.p3d... instead of moving them there. We can simply open the synSniper.tai file and change...

synbodies\tx\hat_hands_co.tga,synbodies\tx\synSniper.tga, 0, 2D, 0.250000, 0.500000, 0.000000, 0.250000, 0.500000

to...

synbodies\tx\hat_hands_co.tga,synbodies\tx\synSniper.tga, 0, 2D, 0.000000, 0.500000, 0.000000, 0.250000, 0.500000

Save the text file and re-run the dos command batch file

'MoveUV_1.cmd'...

you should be all good to go... cheers.

PS. have a look at the batch files for how the various programs are run...

Sincere thanks Synide!

This will prove very useful. smile_o.gif

Synide U are great ! Finally i got merged  notworthy.gif

, but spotted little merge bug or what is :

When u got merged tex with model , u will see like texture detail going off . Unmerged textures are DETAILED !  wow_o.gif

I spotted this on Skaven's weapons pack or RHS weapons too , can somebody tell me why ??    crazy_o.gif

u will see like texture detail going off . Unmerged textures are DETAILED !  wow_o.gif

The new texture is in higher resolution so depending on your texture settings it will be switched to next mipmap (or how you call it) sooner. Also texture settings affect the maximum texture resolution, the new merged texture is in higher resolution, so you see an automatic resolution dropdown while before merging you wouldn't. Which is one of advantages of merging.

Synide U are great ! Finally i got merged  notworthy.gif

, but spotted little merge bug or what is :

When u got merged tex with model , u will see like texture detail going off . Unmerged textures are DETAILED !  wow_o.gif

I spotted this on Skaven's weapons pack or RHS weapons too , can somebody tell me why ??    crazy_o.gif

you got a 'little bug' with this process? or, are you talking 'in general' with merged textures?

i haven't ever looked closely at the paa format alogrithm's to see what degradation or quality loss one migth get from the process so i can really comment on it... might be just the mipmapping that's causing a little problem... you should have a look at your model's 'texel statistics' under 'Surface>Texel Statistics' for some clues... do a google for texels for more info...

some more indepth information from the developers wouldn't go amiss in this area.

Guest RKSL-Rock
The above link is not 24x7 and is temporary. Sorry about the size.

If someone can provide alternative links, please do so... cheers.

Synide put it on the subdomain i gave you. Its there for your use. There is no bandwidth limit on my servers.

Have a look this pics :

armas2008011712220484gu2.jpg

1.On this pic is model merged and u see that texture blured or something

armas2008011712221535qm6.jpg

2. On this pic is model unmerged and u see that texture sharp and quality

Is possible to fix this ?? Is possible make merge with quality ?

sad_o.gif

@Rock.. cool...

@Robert Hammer... hmmm... is that the output from the TextureAtlas tool? I see your point... Well, if it is, then try another tool... or Photoshop to create the actual merged texture... then all you need to do is create the .tai file by hand... there is a 'White Paper' on Nvidia's website about the problems facing 'atlased' or merged textures. That's all i can suggest I'm afraid...

oh, if the top image is from the TextureAtlas tool... you have merged the normal maps as well haven't you?

the important part of the equation from my point of view was that people were having problems creating and using the ptm functions in O2... if it doesn't produce very good quality results then it's probably not a good idea to use it... i just whiped it up as a helper... i don't have time to rigourously test the process for flaws i'm sorry...

@RobertHammer: It does that for many of my merged textures too, but only in Buldozer. It should look fine once you get it ingame. It seems that Buldozer runs on very low settings (to minimize lag and such), much like the old OFP Buldozer did, so hi-res textures look like crap. If anyone knows how to change the settings in Buldozer so the textures don't appear blurred let me/us know please wink_o.gif

Hey Synide. Cool idea, as allways.

As long as the tool can process the UVs themselves I am happy, merging the .paa files isn't really a must - it will take 10 minutes to do it manually.

What counts is the abbility to process UVs on dozen of models inside a pack withou the need to do it manually (via O2 UV Editor->scale->use upper left corner, lower left corner etc... repeat for each lod sad_o.gif ).

And you have to merge your normals and AS maps aswell, modiffy the rvmats... Would be too much to expect you to code all of this. As I said - if it can do the p3d editing part I am fully satisfied.

I will surely try it over the weekend.

@Jackal326

Quote[/b] ]If anyone knows how to change the settings in Buldozer so the textures don't appear blurred let me/us know please wink_o.gif

Maybe you should change video settings in default profil in ARMA.

Quote[/b] ]Maybe you should change video settings in default profil in ARMA.

THIS WORKS , THX ! HAAHA  biggrin_o.gif  biggrin_o.gif  biggrin_o.gifpistols.gifrofl.gif

@RobertHammer: It does that for many of my merged textures too, but only in Buldozer. It should look fine once you get it ingame. It seems that Buldozer runs on very low settings (to minimize lag and such), much like the old OFP Buldozer did, so hi-res textures look like crap. If anyone knows how to change the settings in Buldozer so the textures don't appear blurred let me/us know please wink_o.gif

afaik buldozer reads settings from ArmA.cfg

FriZY @ Jan. 17 2008,16:11)]@Jackal326
Quote[/b] ]If anyone knows how to change the settings in Buldozer so the textures don't appear blurred let me/us know please wink_o.gif

Maybe you should change video settings in default profil in ARMA.

WIll test this move UV when i get around to it, but looks interesting.

And question for you, where can i find this deafult profile in ArmA? IS it ArmA.cfg? Because i see nothing that deals with texture quality.

I appreciate you taking the time to inform us that you will 'test' this tool out at some stage in your lifetime - we will all sleep alot easier knowing this.

You can launch ArmA in buldozer mode with many of the same commandline parameters as you would when you play a game. So, make a copy of your game profile and arma.cfg and alter your O2PE options to specify your duplicate profile and cfg.

I appreciate you taking the time to inform us that you will 'test' this tool out at some stage in your lifetime - we will all sleep alot easier knowing this.

You can launch ArmA in buldozer mode with many of the same commandline parameters as you would when you play a game. So, make a copy of your game profile and arma.cfg and alter your O2PE options to specify your duplicate profile and cfg.

Welli did test, it and was getting sme problem as ROberhammer texture started to look low quality.

great tool..

however I have a problem, I did for learning the bis m2a2.

It makes a nice texture, however the last step isnt working.

Sometimes it merge one, most of the times not a singel one.

And when its merge its so wrong..

Any clues?

Getting desperate here, will have a look on lower/uppercase on names.. thats the only thing last I can think of.

Someone discovered a small problem with this tool not processing LOD's with no faces in them... eg. memory lod's

Here is a fixed version...

synMoveUV_v1.1.rar 7 Kilobytes (Link not 24/7)

synMoveUV_v1.1.rar 7 Kilobytes (from RKSL)

Cheers, Sy.

PS. btw, has anyone tested or tried out the .ptm Merge Textures function in the latest version of O2PE?

Just checking if everything is how it should be but the old version was 29MB. Is it correct this version is only so small?

Or is it a patch for the full (earlier released) version?

Oh hi,

Hmmm... the previous release included a whopping big Video on using the tool. The actual tool is only a couple of Kilobytes in size...

This is an updated version of the synMoveUV.exe.

One needs the previous release as well to be able to acquire the associated tools/information on usage. etc.

cheers...

PS. I'm not sure if it's even being used at all... but it's an alternative means to a ends... if people have problems with the .ptm process...

Thanks for taking the time to explain thumbs-up.gif

I am sure people are using this, at least thats what I think looking at the number of downloads wink_o.gif

Frontpaged at the Armaholic.com homepage.