Sign in to follow this  
fromz

Fromz's sound mod | ffamm1.4

Hey Fromz:

Freakin' stellar job here. I was happy using FDF, until the first firefight I had with your sound pack. The crack sounds are a HUGE improvement, and the weapons sound like they have some power behind them now.

I still would like to see better sounds for the vehicles, especially aircraft. The FDF A-10 sound is perfect compared to yours, but I've got to give it to you for nailing something that sounds "right" for small arms.

Quote[/b] ] Posted: Jan. 15 2008,03:31

Download wmv FFAMM1.41P Combat Firelight Video By Myself 30MB

solder voices in u video .... this is will be in next reliase u mod or this is 3th addon?

Yeah, while not perfect (those wildlife noises really distract me at times), it is the new bar for excellence. I have stopped even caring about Chammy's mod. It has been months now since he announced it was coming that weekend... and weeks since I stopped respecting that effort.

Thats too bad Razorback , try getting some free time when yo have 3 kids ehh ;P . BTW, I will be interviewed by Jerry Hopper tomorrow so stay tuned if you wanna take a wisten. I havent abandoned the CSM project, I have another person on the team, ProPilot. In fact I feel bad for mentioning that it would be released, but everytime I think or feel it is going to be released, something else comes up, or I am distracted, tis very hard right now with school as well. Even I was hoping to have it done before my interview but not sure now, but because of the interview I have been given a boost of motivation, which has been quite hard the past 3 months.

Yeah, while not perfect (those wildlife noises really distract me at times), it is the new bar for excellence. I have stopped even caring about Chammy's mod. It has been months now since he announced it was coming that weekend... and weeks since I stopped respecting that effort.

Thats too bad Razorback , try getting some free time when yo have 3 kids ehh ;P . BTW, I will be interviewed by Jerry Hopper tomorrow so stay tuned if you wanna take a wisten. I havent abandoned the CSM project, I have another person on the team, ProPilot. In fact I feel bad for mentioning that it would be released, but everytime I think or feel it is going to be released, something else comes up, or I am distracted, tis very hard right now with school as well. Even I was hoping to have it done before my interview but not sure now, but because of the interview I have been given a boost of motivation, which has been quite hard the past 3 months.

I'm sure the point DR was trying to make is similar to mine, it's not so much that CSM was not released, it was the fact that there simply were no status updates. As a webmaster, a father and a person who works a "real job" I do understand that life gets in the way however, it's always nice to keep your audience updated.

What would be nice is if some of you sound modders could get together and work on a one-stop-shop-sound-mod or something similar because although you are all very talented, you all seem to excel in different areas.

BTW I fully acknowledge that every modder here has more talent in their pinky finger than I do in my entire body; I only add input as an honest end user.

Sorry Frmz, you can delete my post if you want, totalyl forgot this is your thread confused_o.gif

Is it just me or does the Kamov's rotor sounds like a moped?

But i got this error every time i connect to a MP server. I press ok and everything is ok tho:

Quote[/b] ]You cannot play/edit this mission. It is dependent on downloadable content that has been deleted: fromz_sounds.

My thoughts exactly....but gL33k has opened my(our) ears!

http://youtube.com/watch?v=dIoRbehPyiY&feature=related

The error message occurs for me as well.

@Chammy....your mod is equally good! notworthy.gif

I'm really enjoying this great sound mod, but fixing the volume/distance issue would be fantastic.

Shots being fired hundreds of meters away shouldnt sound like they are right next you.

Cheers! tounge2.gif

I installed this last night and played EVO Blue+ for a while. I really like the new gun sounds, bar the volume/distance issue. Perhaps the vehicle sounds could be looked into again too.

I also got the error below when starting online gaming:

Quote[/b] ]You cannot play/edit this mission. It is dependent on downloadable content that has been deleted: fromz_sounds.

Sorry for such a long time have noreplay, my work is too busy...

Thanks everyone for the suggestions, and I had to say I love your sounds a lot. It's great. Chammy.

The <table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">You cannot play/edit this mission. It is dependent on downloadable content that has been deleted: fromz_sounds. error maybe couse by the UI click sounds, I will fix this at next version, but I think it's no more troubles in gameplay rightnow.

Desert sounds of the crickets and other wildlife noises, vehicles, aircraft sounds will also be improved at next release.

Update of desert sounds of the crickets and other wildlife noises, ...

Good news. I will appreciate this.

Yeah, while not perfect (those wildlife noises really distract me at times), it is the new bar for excellence.  I have stopped even caring about Chammy's mod.  It has been months now since he announced it was coming that weekend... and weeks since I stopped respecting that effort.

Thats too bad Razorback , try getting some free time when yo have 3 kids ehh ;P   .

I would not tell people something was being released that weekend, not deliver, and then SAY NOTHING about it for... let me count... 2 months?

You had more than a few weeks to say something to your "fans." You decided it wasn't important to explain that you would not be delivering as you had indicated. So, I have no interest in your mod or your excuses.

Thats too bad Razorback , try getting some free time when yo have 3 kids ehh ;P .

I would not tell people something was being released that weekend, not deliver, and then SAY NOTHING about it for... let me count... 2 months?

You had more than a few weeks to say something to your "fans." You decided it wasn't important to explain that you would not be delivering as you had indicated. So, I have no interest in your mod or your excuses.

Wow, what display of patience, ok well noted and forever held dear to my heart. I wouldnt be suprised to find you using it later , but of course you'll be all too proud to admit it just to prove a point, its ok though, I understand.

@Fromz, great to hear the wildlife noises will be toned down in the next version.

Thats too bad Razorback , try getting some free time when yo have 3 kids ehh ;P .

Jesus Christ let it go. The man has a life and besides, he never promised that weekend. This is a game and something to do during free time. Maybe if we paid him, then he better provide updates. But that ain't the case. I can't believe my eyes what I just read. Does he owe us something for some reason? I don't remember ever cutting Chammy a check for a Sound Mod.

Thanks Manzilla, maybe I should not track this topic for fear I might have to respond to such comments, sorry again Fromz.

Thanks Manzilla, maybe I should not track this topic for fear I might have to respond to such comments, sorry again Fromz.

Hey man, I'm looking forward to your new version as well, but that crossed the line in my opinion. I apologize to all for getting involved, especially to Fromz, but in my opinion there is a line between the community and one's personal life that should be respected. Since spending free time on modding and playing ArmA, for many, is more of a luxury then anything else. There should be certain boundaries we all need to respect, and respect for one's personal life/time is the most important one.

Now, in jest of course, don't get me wrong. If this was a service/product of which I had a monetary stake in, i.e. paid for or invested in. You damn well better believe I'd show up at your house and get my $'s worth. But until money is exchanged, when or if you ever finish something advertised in this forum is your business only, period.

Once again, sorry for adding to this off-topic discussion and if any one was offended... Sorry for that as well and feel free to PM me. At this point I'll shut my proverbial mouth, exit stage left, and leave this thread to it's intended purpose. biggrin_o.gifgoodnight.gif

fromz when you get a chance mate can you contact me on the configs mate

much appreciated

ONI

ps man love the work sofar and thx for using our 240 sound in your mod man it complimented it well

keep up the good work

EDIT: never mind found someone that could help us with the config will show you the final product when we are done.

Hello Fromz, here are my next suggestions based on 1.4P:

1. AH1 Cobra sound, you can hear the loop pretty good.

2. M136 Gatlings (in AH6, Blackhawk, etc) sounds not very realitic.

3. A10 Main-Gun should have that distinctive sound (i linked to videos earlier in this topic)

4. Some of the explosions from Anti-Tank rockets sounds like in plain Arma.

5. Something strange with the DschKM from the T72 - when it fires there is a second fire-sound coming a second later out of it which sounds odd when you near(near i mean nearer than 250M).

6. Some of the bulletcracks sounds like reverb of the actual fired weapon, but should rather be a bulletcrack i think.

7. LGB (laser guided Bombs) should not have this howling-sound like WW2 bombs, because AFAIK modern bombs dont make any sounds.

Regards, Christian

OK, first of all, 100% awesome sounds, reminds me of my three tours in Iraq. One question though, will your old tracers work with your 1.4 sound mod and ArmA 1.09? Thanks...

Hi great sound mod very immersive.

My only problem is the AK sound from single to automatic have two different sounds. notworthy.gif

PS never tried 1.3

OK, I can't find 1.3 anywhere. New version comes out and the old one is obsolete.

FFAMM 1.3 and 1.4 Version on ePrison.de .

Regards,

Stavanger

EDIT: Delete the old Mirror from Combat-Prison.net in the first Post and adde the new Mirror from ePrison.de, thanks Fromz.