Sign in to follow this  
sirupdzija

Youtube based sound mod (ybsm) v1.0

AND

*Some extra modifications have been made after release of the youtube videos above.

YBSM = Youtube Based Sound Mod

DESCRIPTION: All the sounds used in this mod were recorded from youtube movies,

real weapons and vehicles.

CONTRIBUTE IN DEVELOPMENT:

This is meant to be sort of an "open source"

sound mod, so you can alter whichever sound you want (if you think

you can make it more realistic) and upload the changed sound mod.

Just don't forget to notify others what you have changed and if

possible, add a video of your changes so people can decide whether

they want to download it or not. And please label your uploaded rar

with different mod version number. For example, if the latest version

is YBSM v1.07.rar, you name yours YBSM v1.08.rar.

TOOLS: Mod editing tools are included in this rar so if you wish to

contribute, please do, you already have all you need.

If you need good and free sound editing tool, here is one:

http://www.webtalkster.com/KISS_free_wave_editor.htm

After you finish editing sounds, you can upload your work on one of

the file hosting servers, for example:

http://www.mediafire.com/

or RapidShare: http://rapidshare.com/

or you name it. Just google for: "file hosting".

HOW TO EDIT?

1) Use Unpbo to decompress the mod's addons.

2) Use WSSFileConverter to convert wss2wav

3) Replace existing wavs with ones you like (has to be 44,1kHz, mono wave file)

4) Use WSSFileConverter to convert wav2wss

5) Use MakePBO to compress changed mod directory back to pbo

Additional: Use Laza to read, change and save config.bin or .cpp files.

Alternatively, use Eliteness to decompress pbos, convert them to bin files,

edit and recompress/rapify (NOTE: I had problems using Eliteness, so

I recommend using Laza, but you're free to try).

You can use unRap to convert config.bin to cpp, user-friendly files.

(That's just if you like those file types better).

None of those are needed, only necessary steps are those 5 above.

I must not forget to give credit to guys who made ModernWarSound mod, which I

used as basis for this one. Thank you for lighting the way!

Enjoy one of the most realistic games there is (and please try to improve this mod

so we can all enjoy better sounds)!

Allen[CRO]

Download it here: http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?999keyygeid

or here: http://rapidshare.com/files/77939136/YBSM_v1.00__by_Allen_.rar

I've been looking forward to this for a little while, and now it's released yay.gif just tried it out and it's amazing, the explosions could be a lil louder, which i'm going to try and edit pistols.gifyay.gifbiggrin_o.gif

Wasn´t impressed. The M249 sound must be taken straight from hall effect hell. Some of the explosion sounds were nice though..

This pack has some excellent potential... Some of the sounds need some major clean-up, most of them very easily fixable either using some pass-band filters, or "De-Clicker" VST plugins. A little tweaking inn the "low end" spectrum for some of the files too. Also, the "tail off" of the sounds is something I notice need alot or work in almost every sound pack I have come across. An easy fix for this is simply inserting a pre-set stretch of silence, and adding a very low ambient reverb setting on only the tail end of the audio file. If this is an open projects like you said in the latest release, I would me more than glad to share my work.

Some of the best sounds I created myself in my basement was by inserting Black Cat firecrackers in 1/2" copper pipe and recording them with a kick drum mic, lol... biggrin_o.gif

-Jocko

This pack has some excellent potential... Some of the sounds need some major clean-up, most of them very easily fixable either using some pass-band filters, or "De-Clicker" VST plugins. A little tweaking inn the "low end" spectrum for some of the files too. Also, the "tail off" of the sounds is something I notice need alot or work in almost every sound pack I have come across. An easy fix for this is simply inserting a pre-set stretch of silence, and adding a very low ambient reverb setting on only the tail end of the audio file. If this is an open projects like you said in the latest release, I would me more than glad to share my work.

Some of the best sounds I created myself in my basement was by inserting Black Cat firecrackers in 1/2" copper pipe and recording them with a kick drum mic, lol... biggrin_o.gif

-Jocko

wow nice one jocko. yes it is open source. please do what you said needs to be done, cause i dont know how, and i dont have the tools necessary sad_o.gif

Please name it as YBSM v1.01 then and upload somewhere and provide links here.

Thanks in advance. I loved your critics

Great idea. If people keep improving it and releasing their version it will be nice, evolving sound experience.

Love the M197 (Cobra chain gun) sound, although there are better quality ones of YT. Apart from that, I didn't hear anything I dropped dead over. The M4 sound has a weird "twang" reverbaration at the end, dunno what thats about. The M2 50cal doesnt have enough bass - again, YT has plenty of good recordings of it. The M203 explosion sound is too soft.

Such a pity that YT doesnt have a higher quality option...

I'll PM you a link to the AACF sound pack, which we made.

Why limit yourself to obtaining sounds from a specific site?

PS: The Kamov sounded pretty good.

i would suggest to forget about (irony) YouTube and do Liveleak based sound mod

Exactly my thougths. LiveLeak has much better quality, whether we're talking sound, picture or net service (DL speeds).

Apart from that you will still need to adjust the sounds, microphone will change the high volume sounds if they are close.

Is it me or some of the sounds comes from modwar sounds mod like all the sounds of the kamov and the m1a1 (except m2 browning), i guess those sounds are there waiting to be replaced by youtube ones.

@Yeb

Quote[/b] ]I must not forget to give credit to guys who made

ModernWarSound mod, which I used as basis for this one. Thank

you for lighting the way!

@Q

My bad.

Note to myself: read the whole thread before posting. band.gif

The M2 50cal doesnt have enough bass - again, YT has plenty of good recordings of it. The M203 explosion sound is too soft.

Such a pity that YT doesnt have a higher quality option...

I'll PM you a link to the AACF sound pack, which we made.

Really mate? I searched tons of youtube movies for better m2 sound and I realised that I'll have to use my original, only with bass powered up a bit, cause no other sound was good enough in game.

Please give me the link of this better quality m2 sound, cause the 50 cal mgun sound i liked the most was this:

or this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gMOmLknUnxU

but it wasnt possible for me to implement it in game, due to continuous firing and soldier yelling.

I also searched for m203 explosion sounds and I heard exactly the same explosion as it is used in mod. Soft one. There were some others but they sounded louder only because low quality sound.

The good part is that you can fix anything you dislike in YBSM mod and reupload it somewhere, then notify us about links. Maybe people will follow your example and make this mod evolve.

@Dwarden:

thanks for informing about liveleak ill search it to see if better sounds can be obtained there. You can do it too and edit mod by yourself.

Anyways, I watched that video from the link you provided and I must tell you that it's quality is only worse than from the youtube movie I used in game. It sounds too weak, m4 firing sounds like it can be outpowered by farting.

Small arms are very very nice! Especially the m249.

And the HMG's are good!

Think the M136 launch could be a bit louder.

I dont like the handgrenades, I think CSM's one is much better. Just BANG! crazy_o.gifbiggrin_o.gif Not to much echo.

The laserguidedbomb sounds nice, want to hear it from upclose with MP sometime. That should be a LOUD bang! biggrin_o.gif

May I also suggest this link for some proper sound.

LINK!

Personally I think the last two shots sound yay.gif

May I also suggest this link for some proper sound.

LINK!

Personally I think the last two shots sound yay.gif

wow thats some good quality movie. I didnt like last 2 sounds much, I like 2 sounds before last 2 much much better.

Ive looked up for m2 50 cal videos on liveleak and im not impressed at all. some videos are same as those on youtube, and those who arent sounds wrong in many ways. Hunter posted some quality video link, I hope you can find the same for m2.

This is a sweet sound mod, probably the best I have used, but theres one thing I don't like and that is the silenced sounds. I don't think they echo... biggrin_o.gif

You didn't like sounds used in this mod?

You know where to get better quality and more realistic sounds, but you think that mod creation/editing process is too long, boring and complicated?

Think again! Check this video and see how it can be done in about 5 minutes.

Better quality vid: http://www.stage6.com/user....-5-mins

Lower quality:

You can edit whichever sound you dislike and replace it with better quality one, then reupload the edited mod and notify us on forum.

Name it as different version, that's it.

Remember, if we keep improving sound quality, eventually, we'll have most realistic game in the world.

sir i only tried to point out that tons of videos which are 'banned' on YouTube for w/e reason (profanity, violence, war footage or else censorship)

are mostly on LiveLeak as many of posters from various battlefields simply moved from YT to LL

ofc i wish all videos are in DivX quality on http://stage6.divx.com

imagine then the visuals and sound smile_o.gif