Sign in to follow this  
Q1184

Wind deflection

would be cool if somebody could change the Rangecard layout from GMJ_SightAdjustment and add a "Wind Drift" List smile_o.gif

cheers cruzifer

Yep, if you set enable_for_ai parameter to 1, it will drift their stuff. If it's 0, the addon won't do nothing (at least I think so). Again, I don't think it's a good idea, partially because it places the ai at a disadvantage, and partially due to possible performance impact. As they say, use at your own risk wink_o.gif

Please could you explain why there would be a performance impact I thought it would have been fairly negligible for a mod such as this like this. I'd like to try it on our server but not if it's going to have a major effect on performance.

Yep, if you set enable_for_ai parameter to 1, it will drift their stuff. If it's 0, the addon won't do nothing (at least I think so). Again, I don't think it's a good idea, partially because it places the ai at a disadvantage, and partially due to possible performance impact. As they say, use at your own risk wink_o.gif

Please could you explain why there would be a performance impact I thought it would have been fairly negligible for a mod such as this like this.  I'd like to try it on our server but not if it's going to have a major effect on performance.

Well it tracks each bullet while it's alive, and if its enabled on a coop server, it will track bullets for all AI. I don't have a dedi server to test it on, so I've no idea about its performance impact. It might be negligible and it might be significant. The only way to know is to try.

Sorry to drag this back up, i have recently just updated all my addons etc to include the latest version of NWD's ballistics and the sightadjustment but i seem to be having issues with the wind info showing up in the menu, i know in the 0.65 update it says about a bridge addon? where can i find this?

Edit: Ignore this, i forgot to add the sightadjustment init from the event handlers.

I have a question:

Could it be possible to make another useful switch:

enable_for_ai_AT??? It should be enabled for default...

EDIT: I've made it myself... gonna test it tomorrow...

I've noticed massive lags during MP games generated _at least_ by adding "wind info" action (it behaves so weird in Evolution - pls compare it to DM's viewblocking smoke - I think that 'wind info' tool should be released as an separated addon). EDIT: Gonna test in MP again another day

Also... I hope that the current script does not affect "remote" bullets... EDIT: it does not

I have a question. How to increase power of wind? Cause it's stupid to see 6-10mph while thunderstorm. I would like to see about 2-20 in normal weather.

Just tested this addon along with gmJamez SightAdjustment and it sure makes sniping alot more interesting and fun! Kudos to both of you for making and sharing!

/KC

Anyone else having issues with this addon in missions with respawn?

Noticed that I had tripple entrance of "Wind Info" in my menu after a couple of paradrops/respawn in Domination 2.2. Shortly after they appeared the addons somehow terminated itself, anyone else seeing this?

/KC

Maybe an insane question, but anyway...

Would it be possible to make wind affect planes ?

Crosswind landings !

Would love bad flying conditions (turbulence etc.)

Might be close to impossible though... what do I know.