Sign in to follow this  
Q1184

Wind deflection

Thanks for this, will definitely give it a try, downloading now.

A thought: could your method of wind=effect be applied to aircraft?

WarWolf @ Dec. 20 2007,05:08)]A thought: could your method of wind=effect be applied to aircraft?

I think so, but I know nothing about aerodynamics and influence of wind on helicopters, so I'm not the right man to do this. The strongest wind I witnessed in Arma was about 8 m/s, is that even enough to complicate hovering or landing?

so i take this right, when installed on a server it will affect (enemy) ai only ? right ?

so i take this right, when installed on a server it will affect (enemy) ai only ? right ?

Yep, if you set enable_for_ai parameter to 1, it will drift their stuff. If it's 0, the addon won't do nothing (at least I think so). Again, I don't think it's a good idea, partially because it places the ai at a disadvantage, and partially due to possible performance impact. As they say, use at your own risk wink_o.gif

fing awesom - we gonna try it on our server. so i will report back laters how firefights against ai will look like now. thx so far

I like addons which make ArmA more realistic. That's why i like this one. biggrin_o.gif

Nothing then "must-haves" from you Q1184...!

Have BIS phoned you yet?  wink_o.gif

/Abbe

Have BIS phoned you yet?  wink_o.gif

No as a matter of fact they haven't tounge2.gif  And I'm just a mediocre scripter, it's just that it doesn't stop me from implementing stuff I want in Arma  smile_o.gif

hi Q1184,

thanks for the awesome addon, but  i´d like to use it in combination with NWD_Ballistics and GMJ_SightAdjustment. unfortunately it doesnt work together...i allready tried different mod folder order, but that wont help. is there any possibility to fix that?

i also get an error message:

'...is call (math_logic getvariable "fired")|#|_this execVM

"\q11_wind\Scripts\q11_wind...'

Error missing ;

hope that helps...

cheers cruzifer

hi Q1184,

thanks for the awesome addon, but  i´d like to use it in combination with NWD_Ballistics and GMJ_SightAdjustment. unfortunately it doesnt work together...i allready tried different mod folder order, but that wont help. is there any possibility to fix that?

i also get an error message:

'...is call (math_logic getvariable "fired")|#|_this execVM

"\q11_wind\Scripts\q11_wind...'

Error missing ;

hope that helps...

cheers cruzifer

They work fine together. The problem you are experiencing is related to an old Matt ArmaEffects version that caused this error. Download a new version of that addon and the problem will go.

thx q1184, that fixed the error and it works well with the ballistics, but i still have the problem to get it working with the sightadjustment addon...

when the sightadjustment addon is active i don´t have any wind info and influence on the bullets!?

any idea?

ps: all addons are up to date

cheers cruzifer

thx q1184, that fixed the error and it works well with the ballistics, but i still have the problem to get it working with the sightadjustment addon...

when the sightadjustment addon is active i don´t have any wind info and influence on the bullets!?

any idea?

ps: all addons are up to date

cheers cruzifer

I don't know, it worked fine with GMJ stuff when I was making/testing it. It could be related to the new extended eventhandlers version though. I'll look into it when my holiday mood dissipates and I get back to editing.

I miss in the thread a list like below for every sniper-bullettype:

List

----------------------------------

Winddirection: 3 o'clock/west

Bullettype: ....

Windspeed: 1mph

Targetdistance(m) Misdirection(cm)

100                     0,8

200                     1,4

300                     2,0

2000                  12,3

---------------------------------

Where do i get this info?

Ok, here are some tables I based my values on.

AK-74:

ak74yi6.th.jpg

SVD:

svd1rf1.th.jpg

M24:

m24km4.th.jpg

50 cal data from BC (drift in cm, 4m/s crosswind):

100       1,4

200       5,8

300       13,5

400       24,7

500       39,8

600       59,2

700       83,4

800       112,8

900       148,1

1000     189,8

The AK-74 and SVD values are in meters for 4m/s crosswind.

All 5.45 and 5.56 rounds values are based on the first table. All 7.62 rounds values (except M24) are based on SVD table. PG-7V drifts about 1.4 meters per each 100 meters under 4 m/s crosswind.

About issues with sight adjustment addon: there seems to be a problem in the sightadjustment_autoinit.pbo bundled with the latest version of XEH. Init EH and fired EH on people are not set off for some reason, leading to my addon not giving the "Wind information" action and the wind only affecting bullets from vehicles/planes, but not people. All you can do now is use the older versions of extended EH and autoinit addons.

hey Q1184,

why do i sometimes get dublicated "wind information" in the action menu? for some reason i have sometimes 10 or more displayed...it is really anoying when i have to switch between my weapons quickly! Is there a solution for it?

cheers Cruzifer

ps: this awsome addon should be part of the upcoming 1.09 patch!!!!! thumbs-up.gif

hey Q1184,

why do i sometimes get dublicated "wind information" in the action menu? for some reason i have sometimes 10 or more displayed...it is really anoying when i have to switch between my weapons quickly! Is there a solution for it?

cheers Cruzifer

ps: this awsome addon should be part of the upcoming 1.09 patch!!!!!  thumbs-up.gif

Well then why don't you try a fixed version available Here tounge2.gif Changelog is in the first post. Huge thanks to Dwarden for reporting the errors and taking the time to test the fixes yay.gif

thanks a bunch mate yay.gifyay.gif

Quote[/b] ]How does this affect actual game play in coop/sp?

MP: i had no problems so far...and no feeling, that the others have an advantage... i thing if u wanne have it real for yourself, this mod is a must have! sniping is just so exiting now!

cheers cruzifer