Sign in to follow this  
freddern

Norwegian Recce Pack

"Agmine Consectamur"

This addon contains Norwegian Ranger units in both woodland and desert camo. (It will not overwrite the old Norwegian unit addons, but it is ment to take their place.)

What's New:

- Detaljed Textures

- Matching Normal Maps

- Unit texture uniform seams made realisticly

- Weapons matching the "real life ones" (to a certain degree)

- Two missions showing off the units both in desert, and woodland camo.

Units:

Norwegian Recce Team in Woodland camo

Norwegian Recce Team in Desert camo

Glock 17                (Taken with permission from RobertHammer weapon pack)

G3A3                     (Taken with permission from the Hellenic Warfare Mod's weapon pack)

G3A3 with Scope     (Taken with permission from the Hellenic Warfare Mod's weapon pack)

G3A4                     (Taken with permission from the Hellenic Warfare Mod's weapon pack)

MG3                      (Taken with permission from the Hellenic Warfare Mod's weapon pack)

You can probably find details within this addon wich doesn't correspond with real life, but it's a good enough compromise concidered the time and effort it takes to create a addon for this game. The weapons are also fully functional but NOT MADE BY ME. I just made one "pack" out of the weapons.

no_recce_screen1.jpg

no_recce_screen2.jpg

no_recce_screen3.jpg

no_recce_screen4.jpg

Download:

Norwegian Recce Pack at www.Armaholic.com

mirror:

Combat-Prison.net

Thanks to:

- Hellenic Warfare Mod: For letting me use their weapons in my addon.

- RobertHammer: For letting me use his Glock 17 in my addon.

- Rellikki: Support

- Viking19: Support

- El nino Foxhound: Hosting at www.armaholic.com

- Other folks I forgot to mention.......;)

- Bohemia Interactive

Have fun with it!

"Gi gass jegere!"

Nice job! I'm glad you finally managed to finish them. smile_o.gif Also, thanks for the credits.

Looks really good!

Those look awesome!..

Defo downloading!

Looks excellent. I love the Norwegian camo and the weapons they use in rl.

Now, replacement configs is all that's missing. Hopefully, someone with the know how will see this and make them, using your weapons loadouts of course. I'd try to get it done but I'm currently trying to make some for 2 other addons. It takes me way too damn long as it is to make them. I just figured out how to do it.

Thanks so much Freddern - I LOVED your initial pack and always use it!

Would you ever consider makign a version using the pro-tec helmets mate?

Thanks again!

Stew

Can't wait to try em out biggrin_o.gif

Now we need a Mercedes GW to go with these (and a RNoAF Bell 412 too) ...

Do you mean those helmet that is used in "Queen's Gambit"?

Don't know.... Have never seen them used in real life.

But, you never know.. wink_o.gif

One minor detail, in the armory I can find the WOOD Machinegunner. Just a heads up. Great work.

Do you mean those helmet that is used in "Queen's Gambit"?

Don't know.... Have never seen them used in real life.

But, you never know.. wink_o.gif

Thanks mate smile_o.gif Here's some pics from MP.net

31109510537.jpg

31109510596.jpg

wink_o.gif

I love the paints - but if you're doing another version - can you please make the flag a little smaller? No biggie though smile_o.gif

Stew

The units and weapons look nice. But there seems to be a bug in giving orders to multiple units. If I say "2, 4 move to X." Only one unit will move. If I have a team selected and I say "green team move to X" only one unit in the team will move. I have no idea what causes this, but this does not happen with vanilla units.

One minor detail, in the armory I can find the WOOD Machinegunner.  Just a heads up. Great work.

About the machinegunner woodland. The rangers are supposed to be very quick and responsive so I felt it was wrong to give them the MG3 wich is a heavy gun. (But it's easy to fix this in the editor). I think it's more common that they use this in f.eks Afghanistan....

The units and weapons look nice. But there seems to be a bug in giving orders to multiple units. If I say "2, 4 move to X." Only one unit will move. If I have a team selected and I say "green team move to X" only one unit in the team will move. I have no idea what causes this, but this does not happen with vanilla units.

That sounds very strange. Does anyone know what may cause this?

Like I said before, good work, but here's some things you may want to include in future versions:

1. AG3 was phased out by the HK416. AFAIK only reserve/rear units are still issued the AG3. I believe there's a HK416 in one of the weapon packs floating around, If you ask nicely I'm sure respective author would be happy to give it to you.

2. AFAIK there aren't many black skinned people in Norway :P .

looks great. downloaded and will test it in a minute. nice that you have missions included, i think every addon should have a demo mission with it. thanx

nice little missis. good fun. and i really like the g3.

AG3 was phased out by the HK416. AFAIK only reserve/rear units are still issued the AG3. I believe there's a HK416 in one of the weapon packs floating around, If you ask nicely I'm sure respective author would be happy to give it to you.

The 416 phasing has not yet commenced.

It will start out sometime next year.

On behalf of the Hellenic Warfare Mod, many thanks for the credit and congrats for a very nice, professional addon!

Keep up the good work!

Quote[/b] ]The Glock 17 isn't RobertHammer's. The model and skin are by Kimono.

He meaned from my RH pistol pack ,not mine model or skin , mate wink_o.gif

1. AG3 was phased out by the HK416. AFAIK only reserve/rear units  are still issued the AG3. I believe there's a HK416 in one of the weapon packs floating around, If you ask nicely I'm sure respective author would be happy to give it to you.

2. AFAIK there aren't many black skinned people in Norway :P .

Thanks for the feedback but...

1. True what Jahve writes, the AG3's are not phased out yet. I know people currently in INTOPS and even they haven't gotten them yet.

2. Yes, maby not that many but not uncommon enough to change the config to "only white's" .  wink_o.gif

The Glock 17 isn't RobertHammer's. The model and skin are by Kimono.

Good thing you are here to remind us. I'm not sure what the community would do if there was not someone to remind us everytime RH gets a comment. Keep up the good work and thanks for keeping us safe, detective.

RH,

congrats on the Glock 17, looks great in ArmA. Thanks for taking the time to bring it in game.

HWM,

beautiful weapons guys. Keep up the good work.

Freddern,

Wonderful addon, thanks for taking the time to bring us such excellent Norwegian units. I love the camo they use. Do you have any other plans for more Norwegian addons? Vehicles, etc.