Sign in to follow this  
LastRifleRound

Fixes Since Last Time?

I haven't played ArmA since I bought the DL version released for the UK the day it went public. Half the stuff in the game didn't work.

I'm curious:

1.) Did they ever fix the Javelin?

2.) Can enemies still see through grass?

3.) Can enemies still know your position when you detonate satchels?

4.) Has encoded bullet misses been changed?

I fear the answer to all of these will be they are exactly the same.

Why don´t you just patch it and test yourself ?

+1

If your still playing version 1.0 or something you are missing out on lots of things thousands of fixes and lots more.

The games had loads of fixes since then, and there's the upcoming 1.09 patch which will probably be the last.

1) It's been improved. Not perfect IMO but it works alright.

2) No. 1.05 patch added a 'grass layer' system so grass makes you less visible even at a distance. Not invisible though, since the grass isn't that long anyway.

3) Nope. But if they saw you from a distance and classified you as 'unknown', they may assume you to be an enemy when they are attacked.

4) You mean bullet dispersion? Seems alright to me. I use NonWonderDog's ballistics mod, which makes ballistics in ArmA very realistic.

Edit: Give the game a try again. A lot has changed.

Public MP games may still be pretty crappy, but that depends on the people and the server. Private games can be great.

The games had loads of fixes since then, and there's the upcoming 1.09 patch which will probably be the last.

This would be a real drama-bomb with this little changelog ... sad_o.gif

Plz fix the Reassign/Restart-Bug! .. PLEASE!!!!

(Yes ... i know ... that's OT ... but i'm not even able to get a BugTracker account mad_o.gif )

{strong voice} don't understimate 1.09 till You install it {dramatic pause}

nvm i don't tell You ... keep drooling rofl.gif

Quote[/b] ](Yes ... i know ... that's OT ... but i'm not even able to get a BugTracker account mad_o.gif )

Well, not to bad anyway. Saves you from frustration if certain bugs/limitations do not get adressed even if a bucket full of people would like to see it fixed/changed. whistle.gif

(Yes ... i know ... that's OT ... but i'm not even able to get a BugTracker account mad_o.gif )

If you´re registered on the Biki you already have an account for the bugtracker. It´s the same UN & PW as for Biki, might be the reason for your registration problems too.

nvm i don't tell You ... keep drooling rofl.gif

Lemme guess: CWR is included? Awesome, there goes the big surprise ... crazy_o.gifbiggrin_o.gif

The BugTracker thing is read apparently. Suma himself said he looks at them all at some point along with the devs in general, and just because there's nothing in a bug report to suggest it's being ignored doesn't mean it is. I think BIS try to fix the more difficult problems that the community don't have a cat in hells chance of fixing (at least not legally as it'll involve editing source code). BIS is a business too remember, if the community is able to make fixes or properly functioning work arounds, then why should they spend their time and money on these areas? May sound harsh and evil but that's how they'll think, especially considering they're getting no income for each fix/feature they add with a patch (as in they don't charge extra for them. I'm not on about getting potential game sales because bug x is fixed and someone feels it's worth getting then).

{Yoda voice} Speak wisdom you do. Await earnestly shall I. {/Yoda voice}

Still can't seem to equip the Javelin at all.

Grass actually works!! HOLY CRAP!!!

I might finally be able to play this thing after all.

The Armory is a very cool new feature as well.

Still can't seem to equip the Javelin at all.

Grass actually works!! HOLY CRAP!!!

I might finally be able to play this thing after all.

The Armory is a very cool new feature as well.

In order to equip the javelin, you have to make it available in a mission's... oh, I forget what they call it... weapon... pile... in its init. Otherwise, you can create a mission and put it in some ammo boxes, or put it in a unit's init with the proper ammo. None of the single player missions have that weapon available because they weren't designed with it in mind.

2) No. 1.05 patch added a 'grass layer' system so grass makes you less visible even at a distance. Not invisible though, since

Oh it's that. I thought it was a bug where you would fall a bit underground while looking from distance.

Would be nice if BIS could make Heavy AT (wth fixed Javelin) units and Heavy Grenadier (wth fixed 6G30) official. whistle.gif

Otherwise there is a bug from the beginning - AT units are still shooting with M136/RPG at soldiers. Often AI aim and shoot only few footsteps in front of themselves....

Would be nice if BIS could make Heavy AT (wth fixed Javelin) units and Heavy Grenadier (wth fixed 6G30) official. whistle.gif

Otherwise there is a bug from the beginning - AT units are still shooting with M136/RPG at soldiers. Often AI aim and shoot only few footsteps in front of themselves....

The Russians used RPG's and other launchers as anti-personnel weapons from time to time. It'd be brilliant to have an RPO as the "heavy" AT weapon on the OPFOR side haha. Although an RPG-29 would be more likely. One gripe I have with the launchers and AI is they fire instantly without any aiming time, but it's nothing major.

The frequency of this depends on their combat mode. If you set them to 'danger', they get all freaked out and use expensive ammunition like it's going out of style... to open cans, change channels on the tv... whatever (ammo expense is actually a weapon statistic- it's like the preciousness of the ammunition). If you keep them on 'Alert', they don't do that as much.