Sign in to follow this  
operation madman

cant play arma no more!!!!

Guest Ti0n3r

The 'copy protection' software will according to BIS be removed in the next patch, so just wait for it smile_o.gif

Can't bother to search for a reference...

The 'copy protection' software will according to BIS be removed in the next patch, so just wait for it smile_o.gif

Can't bother to search for a reference...

When is that going to come becuase i have to play ofp ( actually pefer it but i cant play online as they are all ctf or needs addons)

But when i get arma i will drop ofp and play it less of course. I just want to test some new things in the arma comunity!!

I cant buy it as i am broke. I am 16 and i quited from my job.

? lol so you didnt lose the CD? Im confused.

Did you ever buy ArmA and install it?

Is it installed now?

@operation madman

I suggest you get in touch with your local distributor and ask for a replacement copy. I doubt it will be for free but this is the only option I see apart from buying another copy. BIS can't do anything here.

@oChaos.DNJ

Your suggestion is

1. illegal

2. useless as he wont have much fun with this 'patch'

Its NOT illegal to use a noCD crack if you own the game. Just like its not illegal to make a back-up copy of it as well.

When I told him to use a nocd crack, I assumed he had the game installed already, but lost the cd so he cant run the game....

If that is the case, he should get the nocd crack.

But he never lost the CD. 'Can't play ArmA no more'. It's a double negative.

Your suggestion is

1. illegal

Gah, it's not illegal.

What is illegal is having a "backup" copy of the game on your computer if you do not posses the original disc.

Your suggestion is

1. illegal

Gah, it's not illegal.

What is illegal is having a "backup" copy of the game on your computer if you do not posses the original disc.

Which is exactly what his suggestion was, which makes it illegal.

tounge2.gif

Ok, either I can't read, or he didn't say that, he just said that he should get a no-cd crack, he didn't say anything about downloading the game or the likes, he mentioned a back up copy which is legal as long as you own the game. You don't have to be holding the disk to have a backup image on your HDD, you just need a proof of ownership.

Ok, either I can't read, or he didn't say that, he just said that he should get a no-cd crack, he didn't say anything about downloading the game or the likes, he mentioned a back up copy which is legal as long as you own the game. You don't have to be holding the disk to have a backup image on your HDD, you just need a proof of ownership.

Well he doesn't "posses the original disc". He lost it.

He has a proof of ownership I presume? If he kept the receipt it's fine, but then again, this argument is pointless, because this would only matter if he got arrested or charges were put against him. And again we're just wasting words when I've already won the argument if you look at my sig.

He has a proof of ownership I presume? If he kept the receipt it's fine, but then again, this argument is pointless, because this would only matter if he got arrested or charges were put against him.

True, nobody really cares.

Quote[/b] ]And again we're just wasting words when I've already won the argument if you look at my sig.

rofl.gif

I've already won the argument if you look at my sig.

My sister wanted to know how big it is............if you dont mind sharing.

You can also PM it.

this is one realy good reason to buy a digital download copy instead of the dvd version tounge2.gif

@oChaos.DNJ

Your suggestion is

1. illegal

It is really illegal, no matter how many say it`s not.

You have to decompile the exe (Reverse Engeneering) to remove the copy protection, what is illegal.

Additionally, here in Germany it is illegal to bypass a copy protection at all.

@oCHaos.DNJ

Stop this No-CD Crack promoting, or face the consequences.

lol..If the other dude sayed the cd thing will be disabled then i will just play ofp until then. No need for illigal action as i will never do such a thing.(if it is illigal) The only proof i have of purchae i have is the CD case.

I've already won the argument if you look at my sig.

My sister wanted to know how big it is............if you dont mind sharing.

You can also PM it.

Well, it's more of thing of modern arguments which can really be boiled down to people worried that the other guy might have a bigger dick. George Carlin explained the bigger dick theory in one of his shows pretty well.

how do you lose a game DVD anyway? huh.gif

and i thought using no cd cracks was illegal because they alter the executable which is illegal.

@oChaos.DNJ

Your suggestion is

1. illegal

It is really illegal, no matter how many say it`s not.

It really isn't illegal, no matter what you say about it.

Quote[/b] ]I lost the cd and know i cant play. Is there somthing that bis can do? Or somthing i can do?

You can ask publisher to make a gesture of goodwill. wink_o.gif

No CD/DVD Cracks is a form of software cracking.

US have DMCA and EU have EUCD.