Sign in to follow this  
sakura_chan

Sprint and Animation fixer

This addon fixes the sprint transitions as well as the transitions between movement. If you have any complaints or bug reports post them up. Hopefully this is another bug that is squashed!

nobugs.jpg

Download - 2.4kb, bikey included

Mirrors allowed, no real reason to post them for a 2.4kb file though smile_o.gif

Whoo - if effective, I guess this represents a major step forward. smile_o.gif (while actually preventing one wink_o.gif)

Nice one

downloading now. Will post in a few minutes after fiddling. hope theres a readme listing changed stuff so I know what all to look for wink_o.gif

I didnt notice anything... could you be more descriptive of what it should be doing? Maybe I just didnt know what to look for? or maybe i dont have the same problem this aims to fix?

Sorry! smile_o.gif

Yay yay.gif

Almost all transition fixed!

Excellent work Sakura-chan. thumbs-up.gif

Two more to fix:

~ crouch_stand_to_run_forward_1st / crouch_stand_to_run_forward_3rd

Between stand crouched and run seems to be a sprint transition now.

Watch the cursor to see it easily.

~ run_forward_to_sprint_forward_to_run_forward

There is still a transition missing between run forward and sprint forward.

Concentrate on the texture on back of the infantry or the

animation itself. You can see the strange transition, if you look

very closely.

Keep up mate. notworthy.gif

PS: I'll try to get Suma integrate the fix in 1.09...

hopefully we will see it in 1.09!

Super!

would be a great advance in arma history smile_o.gif

like i say, Time Will Come wink_o.gif

edit: I have to ask, will people claim that this will also be cheating?

edit: there are some movements that were not included in those examples. When we run fast and then go prone, as if they trow them selves to the ground.

can you show how this works too?

another bad bug bites the dust! behold the ARMA goddess! notworthy.gif

Sakura-chan you have earned the title thumbs-up.gif

wow_o.gif

This is great.

notworthy.gif

This is a must have addon (and should be added to 1.09 patch).

Also, try this. Place an officer in the editor, use the binoculars, then press the "UP" key to be crouched. This is what happens:

- Soldier go crouched.

- Place binoculars in the back.

- Take the pistol.

- Place pistol in the back.

- Finally he takes binoculars again.

When he ends all those movements the mission is done.... rofl.gif

Also the time needed to play the binocular animation is way too long.

Keep up the good work.

I'm so happy I'm almost speechless!  xmas_o.gif

Too bad I'm at work now... seriously considering taking off early to try this out... this set of anim-transition-related bugs has single-handedly ruined ArmA for me thus far and it sure sounds like you're on track to have it utterly squashed!!!

Thank you Sakura-chan. inlove.gif

[Hmmmm... that may be the first time I've EVER used the love icon... you certinaly deserve it though!]

BIS, hope you agree this is a critical game fix and definately should be in the 1.09 patch. wink_o.gif

(Ironic in a way that this simply critical fix coincides roughly with ArmA's One-year birthday.)

Very nice!

Does this also change the walk/run speed like the option Q posted here?

MfG Medicus smile_o.gif

Frontpaged at the Armaholic.com homepage.

The Armaholic.com download page can be found here:

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=2352

Mirrors allowed, no real reason to post them for a 2.4kb file though smile_o.gif

Its not just for file sizes. Servers may disapear in time, mirroring files and posting them here will enable people in the future to get the files as well without having to search all over the net thumbs-up.gif

finally i got my hands to this excellent fix!

Congratulations, works a charm!

Im in love again inlove.gif

EDIT: THANK YOU VERY MUCH biggrin_o.gif

NICE!!!!

but bug fixing by the community... sadly BI

Sorry for my rubish english huh.gif

I'm glad everyone liked it! I can fix both of those problems Q, I'll post a fixed pbo after I get off of work (I'm on lunch). I'll also try to fix the binocular problem. Just something I was thinking about- During the making of this mod I learned a lot about the way arma handles animations. I think it might be possible to make a separate animation set that could be applied to an ordinary unit through the mission editor. For example, you could have units with rifle/grenade launcher combos holding thier hands in the correct position, or using a special reload animation, removing crouch or prone, or changing speeds and using custom lean variables. It would involve having the animations defined in a stand alone pbo, and having the unit 'switchmove' to the new animation's starting point (standing up with the first weapon available). The animation sets or 'actions' link back and forth to each other. When you are standing with a rifle, you can run around and never leave the standing rifle action set. When you use an animation like crouching, it starts a separate set of animations. This way no matter what you do, the unit couldn't excape a custom set of animations because it would constantly be re-linking to itself. It would require a lot of config work but you would only have to do it once and use it over and over again. Just something to contemplate...

Thank you Sakura !

Your small fixes greatly improve gameplay and immersion for me... I hope to see even more from you.

Malick

I'm having an issue with this. 3 or 4 times after getting shot by ai the death anim took about 15-20 seconds to happen. I was able to move around, get up/down thinking I was just injured, then without anyone shooting at me I'd die.

It only happened 3 or 4 times in an hour or two of playing, so I'm not sure what anim I was in while being shot.

Guest Ti0n3r

Thanks a lot! Works perfect! notworthy.gif

It's very nice of you to release this fix, since BIS seem to be too incompetent to fix it biggrin_o.gif

So, I hate to come across as a total noob, but I am still unsure as to what this fixes. I don't mean to be a dick, because if theres something being fixed thats a problem, I am of course, incredibly grateful. smile_o.gif

But, I guess I'm unsure as to what was wrong... The standing animations and such never looked wrong to me... any one get a video or something showing a before and after maybe? sad_o.gif

Haha, I'm sorry, but this must be something I am just TOTALLY oblivious to!

smile_o.gif

Thanks!