Sign in to follow this  
kegetys

Lowplants v1.1

Removed links of an unauthorised changed version of this addon (until it becomes authorised).

<span style='color:darkred'>@Kegetys</span>

Thank you for the great fix. It makes arma perform WAY better.

<span style='color:darkred'>Raedor</span>

I really like the underlying precident set.

why is it in a seperate pbo instead of 'plants.pbo'?

The plants.pbo is generated by the installer, while the other is included as is in the rar sfx. Its mostly that way mostly just because its easier to work with like that.

Alright. But by replacing the original, you don't need that sara_grass.pbo or any addon dependencies (like Queens Gambit). And it works on custom islands that way, without having to modify them.

It looks like you changed some of its config values though, so that stuff wouldn't apply to custom islands without modifying their configs.

I already modified my own version by binirizing the grass p3d and putting it in plants.pbo. I'll see how well it works later.

Edit: Whenever moving the grass p3d into plants.pbo it seems to be messed up in-game huh.gif I give up for now. Hardly any custom islands to use it anyway.

Does this work in multiplayer? And this should be added to the 1.9 patch since it increases fps.

Does this work in multiplayer? And this should be added to the 1.9 patch since it increases fps.

Yeah works in MP. And get ArmA launcher to be sure you launch the addon correctly, many just add -mod=DBE1 -mod=lowplants which is wrong parameter.

Quote[/b] ]...get ArmA launcher to be sure you launch the addon correctly, many just add -mod=DBE1 -mod=lowplants which is wrong parameter...

What's incorrect about adding -mod=lowplants? How is it different?

Quote[/b] ]...get ArmA launcher to be sure you launch the addon correctly, many just add -mod=DBE1 -mod=lowplants which is wrong parameter...

What's incorrect about adding -mod=lowplants? How is it different?

You might as well use -mod=DBE1;some_other_stuff;even_some_other_stuff;lowplants

And I really have to thank to Kegetys once more. Today I've been playing with it and apparently the FPS drop because of trees has decreased yay.gif

I tried it works both ways using the shortcut method in the exe -mod=lowplants or using kegety's launcher and it works.

Anyone can confirm the 'No entry' error message i posted on previous page?

I dont think it should but will this addon create an addon dependancy if we use it while working on a mission?

I will never play on Sahrani without Lowplants, really great.

Edit:

I dont like the name, Lowplants... it should be called Highplants because it increases the performance and enjoyment of Arma smile_o.gif .

where do you get 1.9 patch?

What are the video settings to get this work? I see grass detail going up and down when trying different shader levels, which is the right one?

edit: i thought you meant object detail. lowplants is supposed to make the shader detail of the plants stay at very low. i don't know why you're seeing changes at different options

Well, any setting can be used with a loss of 1-2fps going higher.. I personally use very high as this mod has made it possible to use it with no FPS loss, and the grass looks great.

After some testing i also agree that the performance gain from this is very good, havent checked the actual framerate but from the feel itself its lot better now.

Actually made me play ArmA again for a while... till i noticed one of the reasons again that made me stop before, one shot killer AI even on 0 skill setting.

But thats another story.

Any ideas why does it change the grass detail when I change settings to higher?

Any ideas why does it change the grass detail when I change settings to higher?

Because thats how BIS made it, high shadder setting = more detailed vegetation models.

With Lowplants i can use high shadder and play with high detailed vegetation and good performance but the grass is so tall that it affects gameplay in a way i dont want or like.

With shadder effects to low the grass is less detailed and more flat so i can see better while prone.

I did lots of tests in the more problematic areas of North Sahrani and its smooth everywhere, for me the diference went from unplayable to perfectly smooth, i no longer use very low terrain to get rid of the grass in the north.

The graphical diference for me is positive too, the trees blend with the ground better and look more natural.

Now why didnt BIS think of this whistle.gif ?

It always took Kegetys to make BI games use their full potential wink_o.gif

Makes you wonder why they didnt hire him... i guess that offer was made and Kegetys may have had better options.

But that is pure speculation... carrion smile_o.gif

Actually made me play ArmA again for a while... till i noticed one of the reasons again that made me stop before, one shot killer AI even on 0 skill setting.

Any particular reason you havent edited the precisionFriendly=x; precisionEnemy=x; to 0.50000 in your x.ArmAprofile file? Makes the game infinitely more enjoyable.

The grass LODing depends on the objects detail too, the lowplants 1.1 grass looks a bit better with 'low' objects detail...

Any particular reason you havent edited the precisionFriendly=x; precisionEnemy=x; to 0.50000 in your x.ArmAprofile file? Makes the game infinitely more enjoyable.

The reason was that i was thinking a slider in the difficulty options which is set to low or even 0 would also affect their marskmanship skills.

Will try this later ( also thanks to Sickboy who told me the same via PM ).

Still wondering why everything ArmA related has to be so complex each time smile_o.gif

Not that its really complex for me but for some casual player this may already be too much.