Sign in to follow this  
Big-Rooney

Modern Combat Mod - SLX Released

notworthy.gif What can I say Big Rooney I am practically speechless. My favourite screenshot is the T-80BV smile_o.gif

As far as I know the spetsnaz (mvd , gru etc...) use the Gorka, Partizan, KLMK, Noch, Sklon, Kykla and the choice to use KLMK is excellent (http://www.frontofrussia.com/army/18a_2.jpg). But please dont change the camouflage patterns/colours that are on the RHS spetsnaz/mvd/omon etc...

Gorka looks like this (http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a280/the-red-baron/300.jpg)

I also hope you got my email Big Rooney concerning addons etc... , but really the last part that I will focus on is resistance aircraft as I think they would need also more mixes of western and eastern equipment (like mirage 1) but I will finish up that detailed research and report back as soon as possible. Also from letter no need for a DHC-4 caribou for resistance wink_o.gif

Resistance weaponry needs to be pretty varied especially in terms of small arms , so they may have m16's (a1,a2 and even later series) , hk g3 , m60 (m60e3/e4) machine gun , fn minimi , fn mag etc....

... My Opinion on resistance tanks era.

I believe that the Resistance should only have the T-55 and T-62 mount the era (T-55AMV and T-62A Era). The rest of the t-55 and t-62 variants (not just FIA versions) that they would be equipped with are in the previous posts by me.

What about the tanks the Resistance capture from the Russians?

You know this brings me to an interesting idea i was thinking about. A few days ago i was thinking of a possible scenario where a russian BMP-3 was captured by the Nogovan Army and was sent back to a special facility where they attempted to reverse engineer the BMP-3 and because the Nogovan's have been license producing BMD-1's and also M113's their experience in aluminum armour is enough for them to reverse engineer the BMP-3 within half a year or a year. The nogovans decided to mount a BMP-2 turret on the reverse engineered BMP-3 chassis and call it the BMP-N. (inspired by this http://jedsite.info/fulltra....001.jpg , http://jedsite.info/fulltrack-bravo/bravo/bmp3_series/bmmp/bmmp.html). The BMP-N development and funding was supported by the American and NATO forces eager to gain a new ally against the resurgent Russian forces. The BMP-2 turret was chosen to mount on the BMP-N because it satisfied the resistance/nogovan requirements.

So is there any way that a BMP-2 turret could be mounted on a BMP-3 for the resistance?

@zuku1

thx for the reply...but i did it allready like you said...maybe i'll reinstall everything again icon_rolleyes.gif

In addition the resistance tank park needs to be more mixed. Type 62 Light Tank (PLA1979) , Type 63 amphib tank (PLA1979)

Also I was thinking and I came up with this: the resistance would have a T-72S (t-72b era) as their best main battle tank but no T-80 or T-90's.

Hey All,

Nice to see the interest still in the Mod, The new full pack is coming along very nicely, just got some animated NVG mounted on the U.S. Soldiers helmets.

Other aspects of the mod are coming along nicely including new realisic sounds and some AI tweats. (Just play the first mission in Cold War Crisis Campaign named Flashpoint and I was there for about 20 mins formed up in a line attacking morton, suppressive fire, bullet cracks, ak's being shot at me and hiding in the grass - Pretty INTENSE stuff).

@Universal

Your suggestion about more older class Resistance armor is taken into consideration, if time permits I'll look into it.

About the "BMP-N" - It is indeed possible to mount a BMP-2 turret on a BMP-3 chassis. If time permits I will look into that as well, Very intriguing idea.

Quote[/b] ]very good news to hear. Looks very good so far. biggrin_o.gif

Thank you for the nice words.

Quote[/b] ]thx for the reply...but i did it allready like you said...maybe i'll reinstall everything again icon_rolleyes.gif

What zuku1 said is correct, there should be no errors like that. I'll look into it anyway. Thanks for the post.

Quote[/b] ]Also I was thinking and I came up with this: the resistance would have a T-72S (t-72b era) as their best main battle tank but no T-80 or T-90's.

Interesting, but the Resistance already have A T-72 (Rebel) for them.

Quote[/b] ]Rooney - what island have you used for those screenshots ?

Thanks for the complement man, The screenshots are taken taken on the island Drago 2 - Found here - Drago 2 by OFMan

Rooney, May I suggest that you use "FFUR 2006 2.5/AfrographX's Ch-47"

P.S Great job, Rooney inlove.gif

Hi Big Rooney,

Great to hear from you again , I wish you all the best with mod making and everything else , as always please keep up the good work. Also the BMP-N I think should infact be called BM-MP for realism sakes wink_o.gif and I am glad that it can be done.

Quote[/b] ]

Interesting, but the Resistance already have A T-72 (Rebel) for them.

The reasoning behind giving them a T-72S is that the T-72S was exported to quite a number of countries with kontakt-1 era armour. I thought something along the lines of Nogova FIA purchasing it from Iran.

Big Rooney also a small bug report: tried playing with VME PLA1979 and MCM-SLX and whenever I use the chinese rpg-7 trooper and when i select the rpg-7 weapon to get ready to fire it the model just changes to the m136 at4.

Also (http://ofp.gamepark.cz/news/pics3/ffuracu_new5.jpg) why not have all the US soldiers have a special goggles like in that picture. AFAIK its standard (also from brochure is good pics). The ability to lower and raise goggles would be perfect.

If time doesnt permit though and you have to rerconsider some older resistance armour(from latest posts) please at least include the type 62 and the type 63 tank (pla1979)

Also how about naming the resistance BMP-1 like this: BMP-1 / WZ-501 (or type 86) ?. Because China also produces an illegal version of the BMP-1 called the WZ-501 (type 86) so i think it would be good if the player knew that they have a BMP-1 or a WZ-501 or maybe make a clone of the BMP-1 and call it the WZ-501 (but it should have sagger missile visible etc....).

Also Miles Teg from lost brothers released a nice jordanian/syrian pack which includes rear/top hatches opening doors feature for the bmp-1/2 maybe that could be implemented ?

What I would like to see considered for resistance is chinese type 56 (ak-47's) and basically widely proliferated chinese weaponry and clones of russian weaponry like the type 56 (ak-47) , type 69 (rpg-7) , svd (type79/85), type 81 assault rifle , type 54 (tokarev t-33) , type 54 (dshkm) etc.... What I would love to see is norinco CQ rifles (http://www.sinodefence.com/army/small_arms/cqrifle.asp) in the hands of the resistance (both m4a1 and m16a1 copy).

Reason I also suggested T-72S for RES (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/P%27okpoong-Ho)

Does MCM come with any custom-made missions or does it like use the vanilla missions?

Been away from OFP a while, just getting back into playing.

Hey All,

Just got to answer some Questions here, The full pack is going very well, just got flawless introducing of the NVG mounts and goggles on the U.S. Soldiers, Also U.S. Troops without helmets no have strapped NVG's mounted.

Unfortunately I'll be away on a little trip for a few days so progress will slow down dramatically.

Quote[/b] ]Rooney, May I suggest that you use "FFUR 2006 2.5/AfrographX's Ch-47"

P.S Great job, Rooney inlove.gif

There are some errors with the AfrographX's CH-47, plus it has no weapon mounted. But if time permits i'll look into it. Thanks for the nice words.

Quote[/b] ]thanks Rooney - DL-ing now.

No problem, happy to assist.

Quote[/b] ]The reasoning behind giving them a T-72S is that the T-72S was exported to quite a number of countries with kontakt-1 era armour. I thought something along the lines of Nogova FIA purchasing it from Iran.

The Resistance can't be armed with with hi-level vehicles as in OFP they are classified as scavengers, they pick up left over weapons/vehicles.

Quote[/b] ]Big Rooney also a small bug report: tried playing with VME PLA1979 and MCM-SLX and whenever I use the chinese rpg-7 trooper and when i select the rpg-7 weapon to get ready to fire it the model just changes to the m136 at4.

External addons are not really my problem, The model special definition is not on the PLA RPG-7. Its the model special that appears.

Quote[/b] ]Also (http://ofp.gamepark.cz/news/pics3/ffuracu_new5.jpg) why not have all the US soldiers have a special goggles like in that picture. AFAIK its standard (also from brochure is good pics). The ability to lower and raise goggles would be perfect.

All U.S. Soldiers have goggles, they can now be raised and lowered with the Action Menu.

Quote[/b] ]If time doesnt permit though and you have to rerconsider some older resistance armour(from latest posts) please at least include the type 62 and the type 63 tank (pla1979)

Answer stated above.

Quote[/b] ]Also Miles Teg from lost brothers released a nice jordanian/syrian pack which includes rear/top hatches opening doors feature for the bmp-1/2 maybe that could be implemented ?

I've just begun to download the pack, so I'll have a look at it.

Quote[/b] ]Does MCM come with any custom-made missions or does it like use the vanilla missions?

Been away from OFP a while, just getting back into playing.

It plays with the standard BIS missions/campaigns. Welcome back to OFP.

I have a suggestion too biggrin_o.gif

what about some explosion for the fueltruck/-station or some shock waves on the ground?? (for real(ism) wink_o.gif

keep up the good work smile_o.gif

I think the Fuel truck provided (URAL-4320) does have an explosion - which IIRC is quite spectacular.

Rooney - have you thought of replacing the resistance truck from the Czech made V3S to the more popular/widespread Zil series (I think there is a Zil-130 & 131 pack out there).

Chapman

Have any of the standard missions been modified to include any of the extra units? Or will we have to make our own missions to use those?

what about some explosion for the fueltruck/-station or some shock waves on the ground?? (for real(ism) wink_o.gif

also with burning-flying debris, would be an eye-catching moment... tounge2.gif just don't get distracted to it in the middle of battle.. biggrin_o.gif

yay.gif just keep up the good work, big rooney....

btw, is it possible to torn apart the models when they explode?

also with burning-flying debris, would be an eye-catching moment... tounge2.gif just don't get distracted to it in the middle of battle.. biggrin_o.gif

yay.gif just keep up the good work, big rooney....

btw, is it possible to torn apart the models when they explode?

if i can recall correctly. you can "blow apart a model", but you can create an internal script that replaces the model with a destroyed one......

big rooney. me being a US Marine and a big fan i would like to help add a more realism to the US marine models. As well as see different, if not better USMC addons implemented....

CH53's

AH-1Z, the latter model with sidewinders on wingtips(lot more accuarate)

AV-8B's

TOW humvess...

but i will try to get you some pictures of marines in various stage of combat loads...

aka, it kinda erks me that the m240 and m249 gunners are wearing 5.556mm ammo pouches instead of larger ammo can sized one

i'll will provide my assistance as neccessary

-Cpl Davis, USMC

Quote[/b] ]big rooney. me being a US Marine and a big fan i would like to help add a more realism to the US marine models. As well as see different, if not better USMC addons implemented....

Quote[/b] ]CH53's

SEF CH53 pack is great and ready to go.
Quote[/b] ]AH-1Z, the latter model with sidewinders on wingtips(lot more accuarate)

VIT AH1W has AH-1Z variant or USMC AH1W which has better config for attacks.

Quote[/b] ]AV-8B's

USMC AV8B harrier, not fully realistic, but ready to go.

Quote[/b] ]TOW humvess...

3 good choices...FK HMMWV, PSY-MCAR HMMWV or SEF HMMWV (also has several "CROWS" variants)

Military link for CROWS

This marine issue comes up with every mod. One most of not all the marine addons are really really buggy. And in massive packs when actually released. All the marine humvess have a geo lod bug that makes them shake violently when sitting. So they are unusable, this also causes them to bury the body halfway itno the ground in most MP missions. The LAv pack also had same problems, the CH53 pack was laggy to all hell.. Pretty much of the release marine addons were more eye candy than use able.

Nothing says you can't add them to a mod folder on your own to use them I pulled my hair out on a few missions with my clan cause of thier issues. The addon maker refuses to support his own addons nore can you exspect Big Rooney to spend time fixing isssues to make them compatable. He's already doing the one legged man in a asskicking contest thing.