Sign in to follow this  
Big-Rooney

Modern Combat Mod - SLX Released

I found the problem its in the extra pack and in the resistance replacement pack thats the mess up in there.

Hi Ladies and Gentlemen (Who am I kidding just Gentlemen),

Sorry for my very long absence, I was unwell over the past few weeks and I've been correcting all the bugs and errors and I've also been added some additional units and effects. I'll just list out some stuff for that has been done in the little time I've worked on the project.

BUG FIXES:

1: M16A2/A4 Magazines Error.

2: White Texture Error On Plant Model.

3: AKs-74 Grenade Launcher Problem.

4: AK-74M Grenade Launcher Mount Scope Error.

5: Non-Universal BMP's.

NEW ADDITIONS:

1: BMP-1 And BMP-2 (Finmod).

2: BMD-3 And BMD-3M (VIT).

3: ZU23 Static AA Gun (VIT).

1: (hopefully) Russian Interior Troops.

2: (hopefully) More Static Weapons, (Static AT Weapons etc).

3: (hopefully) Arabic Based Militants (For The Desert Islands).

4: (hopefully) Some Middle Eastern Based Islands (Iran/Iraq etc).

5: (hopefully) More Vehicles For All Sides.

6: (hopefully) More Weapons For All Sides.

OTHERS:

1: Full List Of Weapons And Corresponding Ammunition.

2: Full List Of All Vehicle Class Names For Easy Editing Of Missions.

3: (hopefully) Re-Release Of BIS Campaigns To Work With Mod.

P.S I'm gonna try an get into contact with some Addon creators to see if I can get some Model Additions done.

Once again I apologize for my absence. I Hope To Have The New Patch Done Before Christmas (At least New Year). And there will be no long wait like this one again for me to get in contact with you all.

I thank you all for the support you've offered me, If I missed something please tell me.

Thanks Again,

Your Very Respectfully, Big-Rooney.

Sweet! Hope I can play this before I leave for OSUT on the 4th.

Sounds like great stuff Rooney.

Finally got a chance to install this and give it a try. Just running the mcm_slx 1.01 was great. Wow..it made OFP a whole new game. The AI and SLX effects plus the unit replacements looks fantastic. The only real bug I saw (heard) was some footsteps on grass sounded like I was walking on pavement.

Here's where it went wrong. I wanted to see what the extra pack looked like, so I install extra pack 2. Played a game on Malden and like stated earlier there were walls of white sad_o.gif . Some textures missing. Going to reinstall w/o extra pack and wait for next patch.

Overall a great mod conversion! Really gives a whole new experience playing OFP.

Great work! This mod is fantastic!

I noticed some things:

The VDV spec ops sniper don´t have NV goggles , have not cheked the rest of the VDV spec ops.

The Spetnaz sniper don´t have any ammo , and the spetnaz with the vsk don´t have it either.

I also find it strange that they have a big "MVD Spetsnaz "patch on their back.

And some suggestions:

A VDV spec ops AT soldier.

A Spetnaz sniper with a SVD

Ordinary soldier and officer only armed with a pistol.

Add the business man and police to east/res/west side (the police might open fire on the invading enemy and the businessman could be president that the special forces was trying to assassinate)

Just some suggestions , don´t care to much about it since I am a nooby that doesn't know anything about spripting and so on.

Best regards /Erkki

hi guys, i've been messing around with this mod as it seems to have a lot of the new models while retaining the old stuff i like about OFP.

I do have one problem tho and a quick search of this thread didn't throw up any results.

When i play campaign and begin to run anywhere, the latency of the controls get gradually larger and larger until my onscreen movements are about 2 seconds behind my actual button presses, specifically in the original OFP campaign (mission is called "Flashpoint" i think) The problem is remedied by standing still and waiting for all 'queued' control messages to finish. The controls then return to normal.

I've got several mods including this one, GRAA and FFUR-SLX 2007 but, AFAIK, none of the other suffer from this.

Any ideas?

Hi Folks,

Well its the eve of Christmas eve, and the patch will be release hopefully tomorrow, I will also put the full pack back onto filefront as they deleted it for being inactive.

Immediately after Christmas I will release the v1.05 patch that will contain all the stuff I listed in my previous post, There will be no long wait for the next patch I promise you. This patch will be released just to fix all the bugs reported and the v1.05 patch will contain the new additions and some other problems that may arise.

Quote[/b] ]Sweet! Hope I can play this before I leave for OSUT on the 4th.

Sounds like great stuff Rooney.

The first patch will be released before Christmas.

Quote[/b] ]Going to reinstall w/o extra pack and wait for next patch.

Overall a great mod conversion! Really gives a whole new experience playing OFP.

Thanks for the kind words, To remove the extra pack just go into your @MCM-SLX - DTA folder and delete the data.pbo, data3d.pbo and the HTWL folder.

Quote[/b] ]The VDV spec ops sniper don´t have NV goggles , have not cheked the rest of the VDV spec ops.

The Spetnaz sniper don´t have any ammo , and the spetnaz with the vsk don´t have it either.

Thanks for noticing that, this bug is similar to the M16A2/A4 magazine error, It will be fixed for the next patch.

Quote[/b] ]I also find it strange that they have a big "MVD Spetsnaz "patch on their back.

The models are done by Red Hammer Studios, they are very accurate towards Russian Spetz Natz units.

Quote[/b] ]A VDV spec ops AT soldier.

A Spetnaz sniper with a SVD

Ordinary soldier and officer only armed with a pistol.

Add the business man and police to east/res/west side (the police might open fire on the invading enemy and the businessman could be president that the special forces was trying to assassinate)

Very good suggestions, I will implement them for the next patch, I don't KNOW why I didn't do that in the first place. Thanks for posting.

Quote[/b] ]When i play campaign and begin to run anywhere, the latency of the controls get gradually larger and larger until my onscreen movements are about 2 seconds behind my actual button presses, specifically in the original OFP campaign (mission is called "Flashpoint" i think) The problem is remedied by standing still and waiting for all 'queued' control messages to finish. The controls then return to normal.

Well nobody else gets these problems, If you edit the mod yourself I can't really help you, the encourage you edit the mod but it is at your own risk, The mod in is released form does not have that problem you pointed out.

Thanks for all the support and help you've given me,

Cheers Big-Rooney.

Quote[/b] ]
Quote[/b] ]When i play campaign and begin to run anywhere, the latency of the controls get gradually larger and larger until my onscreen movements are about 2 seconds behind my actual button presses, specifically in the original OFP campaign (mission is called "Flashpoint" i think) The problem is remedied by standing still and waiting for all 'queued' control messages to finish. The controls then return to normal.

Well nobody else gets these problems, If you edit the mod yourself I can't really help you, the encourage you edit the mod but it is at your own risk, The mod in is released form does not have that problem you pointed out.

Quote[/b] ]

thanks for the v quick response.

I haven't touched the mod. This is from a fresh install, but if i'm the only one suffering i'll have another tinker later and see if it still plays up.

cheers

further investigation reveals the problem only occurs when i start looking around in freelook mode....

hmmm. strange.

further investigation reveals the problem only occurs when i start looking around in freelook mode....

hmmm. strange.

I'll check that problem out when I play the mod later ok. I'm sure i'll find the problem if it exists.

ok ignore me. other mods doing it too now.

i suspect its a driver issue. i have just installed a wacom pad which seems to like buggering up other software.

sorry to be a pain.

its mods like this that put ARMA to shame - and keep me playing OFP ! Keep up the great work Rooney.

Chapman

Sounds great!

However I saw a other bug:the T-62 has no cargo animation shows up , that is both for the res and opfor side.

I checked the rest of the vdv spec op no one of them have a NV goggles , however I noticed that it actually is a AT soldier,I must be getting old:wall:

You are doing great keep up the good work and Merry Christmas xmas_o.gif

Just an idea - is there a way to provide the RPK series / M249 series with an animation for the bipod ? I remember the FFUR series had one for the RPK47 on resistance side ?

Just a simple thought - BTW - love the Winter Islands - and the winter units.

Chapman

(Anyway to have it snow instead of rain in Winter months huh.gif)

Keep up the wicked work guys

I've had this mod for a while but only properly checked it out today, and I'm blown away. Love the sounds, and the AI.

Is it worth installing the extra pack?

Big-Rooney

After playing more with your mod there are a few things I've noticed.

1. The BTR80 has a model problem.

BTR80.JPG

2. Spetznaz sniper no ammo confirmed.

Spetznaz%20Sniper.JPG

3. On Malden around just east of Saint Marie there is a spot where footstep sounds turn from grass to pavement footsteps.

4. I've noticed you've got Javelins that AI's can fire without blowing everybody up. That's great, but they will engage at well over 1,000m and miss the target. Maybe you can rework the AI fire distance numbers or increase the hit probabillity.

5. On mission intros that are "pre-dawn" you get a night vison view that in some cases might kill the cinematic effect. Is there a way to turn this off?

One suggestion to possibly add. Since the supression fire can expend a lot of ammo, maybe you can call in for an ammo drop..like the artillery strike you have.

I second Zuku1 on the ammo drops... or at least more mags for each soldier (if this is possible). Half way through a mission it seems every guy in the squad is out of ammo!

On this note, can somebody kindly explain to me how the suppressive fire works in this mod? Is it something the AI will do of their own accord? What affect does suppressive fire have on you/the ai?

By the way, I must say... this mod is excellent notworthy.gif

Sorry to double post, but I get an error message when using the Police Man (Crowd Control) in a mission. Just thought I'd inform you!

Eagerly awaiting the next patch biggrin_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]I second Zuku1 on the ammo drops... or at least more mags for each soldier (if this is possible). Half way through a mission it seems every guy in the squad is out of ammo!

Or another thought, maybe employ a rucksack to carry extra mags.

So....what's the news on the patch? I'm in love with this mod, and I can't wait to get my hands on those bug fixes that just take me a bit out of the game!

Keep up the stellar work, Big-Rooney.

Hi All,

The patch is coming along very nicely and should be released very soon, All the reported bugs have been taken care of. There are only a few things left to be done with the v1.02 patch.

I'm just going to show you some of the work that is being done and hopefully by the time the v1.05 patch is released I will have done both Llauma Heads and BIS Heads Human models for your preference.

Heres just some screens of the work I'm doing with the US Soldiers, Please Note these are not finished and the changes will apply to all US Soldiers & Marines. Changes include Groin Guards, Camelbak Changes, Shades, Extra Pouches etc.

US Soldier On Guard

102_us1.jpg

US Soldier On Gate Duty

102_us2.jpg

US Special Forces Operator w/ Shades

102_us3.jpg

US Soldiers Chat Beside Hmmwv

102_us4.jpg

More news to come, Stay Tuned.

Big-Rooney

I looked at the US Marines and they have US flag on right shoulder.  US Marines don't wear a US flag at all, this may have been mentioned before.  Also, is it possible to arm the Marine sniper with Kurtz's M40A3?  The Marine snipers are armed with the M4 sniper, SPR and another rifle I can't recall.  Maybe arm them with the M-14 DMR.  Just an idea.

GD Mast

Weird thing I noticed in the Stryker..maybe it's just me..but the inside textures are all blurry and muddy, and the zoomed in view (V) is just a bit more zoomed on the blurry untextured monitor, making it impossible to aim.

@Flyboy

Quote[/b] ]Weird thing I noticed in the Stryker..maybe it's just me..but the inside textures are all blurry and muddy, and the zoomed in view (V) is just a bit more zoomed on the blurry untextured monitor, making it impossible to aim.

The Vix Stryker started as a unfinished beta and the OFP comuninity pitched in to try to fix the problems and what you see today is so much improved over the original. Due to certain constrainsts some things can't be changed. To aim unfortunelty you need to be in the 3rd person external view.

Check out this thread for the history of it.

BIS Thread