Sign in to follow this  
Big-Rooney

Modern Combat Mod - SLX Released

Question: looking at the SLX_GL3 settings I'm a little confused on the following attributes.

Quote[/b] ]/*****

Enemy strength is 0.5 when equally matched.

Enemy strength is at 1 when enemies are twice as strong as allies.

Enemy strength is at 0.25 when enemies are half as strong as allies.

Groups in stealth mode or set to not fire do not perform maneuvers.

*****/

// Enemy strength relative to ally strength that groups should attack at. Bounding overwatch is used to attack. If the enemy is stronger than this strength then backup will be called to overmatch the enemy strength.

SLX_AttackRatio = 1;

// Enemy strength relative to ally strength that groups should withdraw at. Bounding overwatch is used to withdraw. Backup will be called to match the enemy strength.

SLX_RetreatRatio = 0.33;

The SLX_AttackRatio being a 1 means your allies will not attack unless the enemy strength is twice yours, seems off, should it not be less than one, say 0.33.

The SLX_RetreatRatio is subsequently off too, where the current setting says to retreat if the enemy is less than the size of your force, again shouldn't the number be >=1, like 1.33.

Thanks

Well I guess the patch wasn't as effective as i thought, I will get onto the errors immediately and release another full patch as soon as I can.

Quote[/b] ]Of course, these suggestions exclusively depend on your own taste and opinion, if you find them good then don't feel the need to change them.

Thanks for your opinion Tarik, If you could provide a picture for the main menu GUI I will happily implement (I'm not into Photoshop).

Quote[/b] ]Patch 1.01 observation:

The US Marines come equipped with only one magazine, or at least they're unable to reload.

Will look into it, Thanks for noticing.

Quote[/b] ]1. I was killed three times by the M202A1. It only froze up once, when before it was all the time. Also, the flame effects are different than before; it's no longer using John's fire (even though I enabled John's Fire when I installed the Extras pack). An aside: perhaps you could enable the M202A1 to set SLX on fire nearly every time it hits the grass? It is, after all, a fire inducing weapon by design.

2. The crossed U.S./Russian flags have been removed.

3. I'd advise that with each update that there's some kind of indicator of the current version pasted onto the initial GUI screen, that way nobody's guessing if the installation of the update went well.

The following is still showing up after the update on my system:

4. The black loading screen says "Big-Rooney Presents You" instead of "Big-Rooney Presents..."

5. I still can't hear the jangling equipment when the body's moving. Due to having a sleeping daughter nearby, I have to keep the sound down some, but I could clearly hear such sounds when I was playing FFSX at the same volume I'm using now.

6. Movement speed seems unaffected. I can still move extremely quickly, and now I hardly ever hear myself "running out of breath," whereas before I could hear my body getting exhausted from exertion much more quickly.

7. There seems to be a lack of inertia. I can pretty much stop my body wherever I want nearly instantly, even if I was running at top speed for a handful of seconds.

8. Smoke grenades when tossed look like M67 frag grenades, when they should look more like cylinders.

9. The grenades in Clean Sweep were still of the "explode on contact" type.

10. I didn't see any SLX grass during Clean Sweep. Again, it doesn't have to be an automatic option. Perhaps it could be made available as an optional configuration when the mod's installed, but I was surprised when it wasn't there after the patch was put into place.

11. I only suffered mild effects from suppressing fire. It seems like this setting was reduced.

LATE, I was up to 5 last night working on this but its worth it, please just make sure you installed the patch, I will check all of this anyway.

1: As the M202A1 is an external addon I can't guarantee it will work with my project, I will still work on finding a solution to the problem.

2: Please explain in detail.

3: The GUI and loading screen provide the project status already up at the top of the screen.

4: Will fix immediately.

5: I'll look into the problem and fix if necessary.

6: Will again look into it, Will try to find sources of problem.

7: Same answer as 6 above.

8: SLX Grenade delay scripts replace the model with a standard grenade model, I will try to work around this.

9: Will implement US grenades as standard hand grenades and Russian Grenades as others.

10: Will introduce option to use the SLX grass islands in separate configs.

11: Suppressive fire was not changed by me, I only enabled it from the SLX_GL3_Settings.sqf file.

Quote[/b] ]I like the movement of MCM...I mean I'm not sure if it's realistic but it much swifter than FFSX one wink_o.gif

about 7th. could you make it like in FFSX? when running with highest speed and then stop rapidly that you will lay down or throw yourself down?? smile_o.gif

thx

Schulz

As I stated above I will look into the movement speed error.

Quote[/b] ]The SLX_AttackRatio being a 1 means your allies will not attack unless the enemy strength is twice yours, seems off, should it not be less than one, say 0.33.

The SLX_RetreatRatio is subsequently off too, where the current setting says to retreat if the enemy is less than the size of your force, again shouldn't the number be >=1, like 1.33.

Thanks

I will implement the most recent SLX_GL3_Settings attributes to bring it up to date.

Thats all for now, I'll post updates as soon as I can, I will put all available free time into finding these errors and stamping them out.

Cheers, Big-Rooney.

I had no problems with the patch. Some nice tweaks and improvements.

What does the extra pack contain? I don't see a difference with it installed and not installed.

the screenshot shows new safety animations but when I installed there wasnt any so I'm just switching it with GRAA's anims

Big-Rooney,

The point of items 1-3 is that it demonstrated to me that the patch was installed onto my system, because these items had changed since I ran the patch.

And the reason why I brought up item 3 is just so that there's some kind of notice on the main screen of what version of the mod we're playing. After the patch was installed, the main screen still said v. 1.0.

I guess that there's a part of me that's worried that perhaps the update didn't install properly, but there wouldn't be any doubt left in the player's mind if the version number of the update was listed on the main screen.

Am I the only one noticing that suppressing fire seemed weak? I'm only asking to see if the upgrade was somehow botched for me. Here's how I installed the upgrade with the Extra pack 2 (by the way, it might help to include a Installation Read Me with future releases). First I unpacked the upgrade file, copied & pasted it over the original @MCM-SLX directory. Second, I unpacked the Extra Pack 2, pasted its contents into the @MCM-SLX directory, and then ran the html model updater. That is the proper way to install the update and extra pack, isn't it?

I like the idea of releasing a config for islands with or without SLX grass. I know it's a real chore (and you mentioned that you would be working on it already), but perhaps in the end there could be 4 configs offered to the player: (1) Islands with SLX grass, (2) Islands without SLX grass, (3) with Llauma heads and (4) without Llauma heads. Perhaps the Llauma head selection could be made when the ExtraPack model replacement program is ran? Could this be applicable for deciding whether or not the islands already come with SLX grass?

Just tossing some ideas around...

Yours,

Kyle

smile_o.gif

Sheesh!

Somehow I forgot to mention that the "L" shaped 2 story enterable buildings still have their "AI can't be seen through" them properties. I didn't press too deeply in Clean Sweep to see if the other buildings that Solus updated were free of the windows that BIS fouled up and never fixed.

If I have time tonight, I'll try checking the other structures out and give you an update as to what I experienced.

Yours,

Kyle

smile_o.gif

Another note: The U.S. Army Anti-Armor soldier is also limited to just one clip for the AR

Been playing it for a bit between missions, yeah love it, having to figure ways around the annoying windows vista to install it. Learing the features and other cool stuff implimented into this mod.. Wondered why the BMP and BMP2 were not scaled to ther correct sizes. They are as large as some main battle tanks in the game..

Hi All,

The Second patch is coming on nicely, It will be a full patch because some users had some trouble with the v1.01 patch (meaning you will not need the v1.01 patch to use the v1.02 patch).

With regards to some of the reports posted over bugs and inconsistencies I've look into and I believe that it may be an incomplete patch upload by me that may be of fault, From what I can figure out, All the errors except for ones concerning the US Marines are already fixed in the v1.01 patch. That is way I willrelease a full v1.02 patch that will include the main loading screen and the main menu GUI display the version of the mod that is being run.

Concerning the most recent reports all have been fixed and are now being tested by myself to find any other errors, The extra pack will be fixed if there are any other problems with the version.

If you downloaded patch v1.01 and experienced no changes please make sure that you extract the @MCM-SLXv1.01patch.rar file into the Operation Flashpoint Main Directory (Not the @MCM-SLX Directory) and overwrite all files it asks you to. To run the Extra Pack extract the ExtraPackv2.rar file into the @MCM-SLX Main Directory and overwrite any files it asks you to then just run the install.bat file.

Quote[/b] ]In my opinion I really want the speed not to change it. Since this ruins my zombie experience.

The Speed in patch v1.01 was changed slightly and it seems alright, It will not be changed any further.

Quote[/b] ]What does the extra pack contain? I don't see a difference with it installed and not installed.

The Extra Pack just contains some extra options like new sky, Resistance Buildings replacements, SLX Fire and Smoke and updated flags etc.

Quote[/b] ]And the reason why I brought up item 3 is just so that there's some kind of notice on the main screen of what version of the mod we're playing. After the patch was installed, the main screen still said v. 1.0.

The Main Loading Screen and Main Menu GUI will display the Mod version number now.

Quote[/b] ]Am I the only one noticing that suppressing fire seemed weak? I'm only asking to see if the upgrade was somehow botched for me. Here's how I installed the upgrade with the Extra pack 2 (by the way, it might help to include a Installation Read Me with future releases). First I unpacked the upgrade file, copied & pasted it over the original @MCM-SLX directory. Second, I unpacked the Extra Pack 2, pasted its contents into the @MCM-SLX directory, and then ran the html model updater. That is the proper way to install the update and extra pack, isn't it?

That is indeed the way to install both updates, I don't know whats wrong, the new patch should fix any issues.

Concerning the SLX Suppressive fire, in the mission clean sweep my character always hits the deck and takes cover even if he is not been directly fired upon. It works well for me. I'm now using the recent SLX_GL3_Setting.sqf file so it should work for you in the new patch.

Quote[/b] ]I like the idea of releasing a config for islands with or without SLX grass. I know it's a real chore (and you mentioned that you would be working on it already), but perhaps in the end there could be 4 configs offered to the player: (1) Islands with SLX grass, (2) Islands without SLX grass, (3) with Llauma heads and (4) without Llauma heads. Perhaps the Llauma head selection could be made when the ExtraPack model replacement program is ran? Could this be applicable for deciding whether or not the islands already come with SLX grass?

Configs with the SLX Everon, Malden will be included in the new patch, The other options you pointed out would be a lot harder and more time consuming to accomplish. If I figure all these small bugs and get time I might look into the matter further.

Quote[/b] ]Somehow I forgot to mention that the "L" shaped 2 story enterable buildings still have their "AI can't be seen through" them properties. I didn't press too deeply in Clean Sweep to see if the other buildings that Solus updated were free of the windows that BIS fouled up and never fixed.

Strange, For me the L Shaped Bar appears without the glass in the window, as do all the original BIS buildings with Glass Windows.

Quote[/b] ]Another note: The U.S. Army Anti-Armor soldier is also limited to just one clip for the AR

Fixed, It was the same problem the Marines were having. Error in magazine names.

Quote[/b] ]Wondered why the BMP and BMP2 were not scaled to ther correct sizes. They are as large as some main battle tanks in the game..

Well all the T72, T80, T90 and BMP1 were provided by ORCS, maybe it just the way the APC's are built in the Russian Military.

I know the US Military tries to make their APC's a bit smaller than there MBT's in width but not height, maybe the Russians like their APC's the same general size as their MBT's.

Folks that all I can report for now, all the bugs listed are being looked into and I will get back to you when the patch is nearly released.

Goodnight, Big-Rooney

Whoa! Where did I go?! Anyways, let me have a looksie! Yes? yay.gif

Also, thank you for your contribution to our small society. You have now been initiated.

Big-Rooney,

From the sounds of your reply, I did install the patch and Extra pack correctly.

Today was the first time I pushed Clean Sweep hard enough to get near the medical tent, and was I surprised to find that the building with the porch wasn't even present! It was the default building, so the Res building wasn't swapped for it.

If you're confident that initially the update wasn't uploaded correctly, I'm going to redownload and reinstall it. I don't know if I'm going to have any time tonight to test it out though. If I do, I'll let you know the results ASAP.

Keep up the hard work!

Yours,

Kyle

smile_o.gif

Just thought that you should know that I just installed my FIRST download of the ExtraPack v.2, and what was strange was that the installer only asked me 2 questions (1) Did I want to use HWTL install, and (2) Did I want to use John's fire effects. I answered yes to both, and then the installation screen disappeared. Normally, there's a progress bar and a note telling me the installation's finished. Not this time, and now that I think back a bit, it did the exact same thing when I first downloaded the ExtraPack 2.

I'm redownloading everything now.

Just ran the ExtraPack 2 that finished downloading a few minutes ago, and guess what? It asked me about 5 more questions, all of which sounded familiar to me, and it's showing the installation progress. That's probably been the problem the entire time. I'm going to try testing it out even before the redownload of v. 1.01 finishes.

Here's the results I got after installing the redownloaded ExtraPack 2:

1. AI responded to suppressing fire much better than before, as did I...

2. "L" shaped building still had the "invisible AI" windows

3. The enterable building with the 2nd. story deck was not present in Clean Sweep

I then exited the game, and installed the 1.01 update that was newly redownloaded. I then reinstalled the redownloaded ExtraPack 2. When I started up the game, all three of the above notables were still present.

Good night!

Kyle

One more bug:

The Spetznaz Grenadier when selecting to mount the PSO-1 scope gives the following error: "No entry Config.cpp/cfgWeapons.aks74_pso_g1"

I forgot to mention that the crossed flags that one sees on the GUI of the unit-editing window in the Mission Editor should be either made more transparent or removed entirely. It's too difficult to see otherwise.

The "no gear jangling sounds" bug still exists for me as well. And just to make sure, I really cranked up the volume to my speakers while my wife was gone. biggrin_o.gif

If there isn't anybody else having these issues, then I'm guessing that something's nerfed with the update/patch files that are available for download. I don't know.

The upside is that the game hasn't crashed once since I've redownloaded/reinstalled the upgrade/pack when I've been struck dead by the M202A1's rocket. It still doesn't have John's fire effects though.

One other point, since I've reinstalled the freshly downloaded update/pack, my framerates have been pretty low.

Ciao!

Kyle

gonna give it a try today. just dling, but sounds good so far! thx for your efforts mate!

Hi All,

The Patch is turning out to be a nightmare, but I will finish it. With regards to how its becoming a nightmare, Rugby has been though and I've had a small case of Insomnia which has been keeping me up all night, every night. Lets get back to business.

Quote[/b] ]Whoa! Where did I go?! Anyways, let me have a looksie! Yes? yay.gif

Also, thank you for your contribution to our small society. You have now been initiated.

Thanks for the kind words MAA3057, Much appreciated.

Quote[/b] ]One more bug:

The Spetznaz Grenadier when selecting to mount the PSO-1 scope gives the following error: "No entry Config.cpp/cfgWeapons.aks74_pso_g1"

Thanks for noticing, added to the list.

Quote[/b] ]gonna give it a try today. just dling, but sounds good so far! thx for your efforts mate!

Thank You very much.

@KYLE_K_SKI

I will look into the extra pack errors, It seems like your the only one who has problem with the extra pack, I will reinstall the extra pack myself on my system and test every option that is available to see if I get the bugs that you are reporting. Thanks for your efforts man, The more help the better.

Well As Its Monday Night (RAW), I'll be up to about 5AM Irish time, So I'll have a lot of time to work out these bugs, change a few small things and hopefully get a 95% bug free mod going.

Thanks Everyone, Big-Rooney

This is a great mod, I just want to know something though. How do I activate IR FLIR in a helicopter gunner view? Can I even do it? What I most want to do still is be able to use a predator drone, unfortunately I don't think it exists for OFP. Still is there a way you could script a top down view in gameplay? Anyhow thanks for the great mod.

Also, not sure if this is on purpose, Winter infantry units only have semi-auto weapon capabilities.

Hey All,

Just going to post some screens relating to some issues about the extra pack and main loading screens, Stuff concerning patch updates and how do you know if you have the latest patch. This is what it will look like.

This Is The Main Loading Screen:

screen2.jpg

This Is The Startup Screen:

screen1.jpg

This Is Before You Install The Extra pack:

extra1_old.jpg

This Is After You Install The Extra Pack:

extra1.jpg

This Is The Old Editor:

editor_old.jpg

This Is The New Editor:

editor.jpg

Thats all for now, All bug reports have been taken care off. I'll post the latest report later and will give details of the patch release and updates.

Thanks For Your Interest goodnight.gif, Big-Rooney

wow! this mod is awesome,

however I have a suggestion or request, what ever you want it to be (if it is too much work, than it's only a suggestion wink_o.gif )

I'm realy missing a fighter and a helo pilot for the 'local forces', still, your mod is the best I've ever had for ofp!

big congrats rooney

Can one replace the storyline islands with desert ones? How? If it's not too complicated, please help. Also, is there a way we can replace Army with Marines then? Would it be the same way as to replace US Army ACU with 3 color bdu's? The best ACU models I've ever seen are CameronMcdonald's ACU units, and if they aren't those then why bother. Clean ACU just doesn't look too well, unless in real life of course <3

Big-Rooney,

NICE work there! The new visuals look great to me, especially if that main loading screen is from a new animated film. The darker setting will help show off some of the new graphic features.

Getting rid of the flags from the Mission Editor was a solid move as well. Now we won't be going cross-eyed trying to read the data.

And the windowless buildings...ah, the best feature of all. wink_o.gif

Keep it up! And by the way, don't stay up all night. I've suffered from insomnia a few times in my life, and it can get down right creepy. I was so tired at times that I kept responding to "spiders" that I thought were crawling on the walls at the extremes of my peripheral vision. Of course they'd be gone as soon as I turned my head so as to focus my eyes on the area. Not a good time in my life, let me assure you.

Yours,

Kyle

Nov. 13, 2007

smile_o.gif