Sign in to follow this  
Ghost

Server Hacking?

I have been on a couple of great very popular servers. Everything is running really well then all of a sudden everything in game goes nuts. Scores change to really long negative numbers and other things which lead to game freezing. How in the world or maybe more importantly why are these servers getting hacked? I do not see the reason for this. Do people have nothing better to do with there lives? I do not see how hacking a perfectly good game for someone is fun. If i every find someone that is hacking in general pistols.gifband.gif How can servers be protected from this? Do these idiots have to be connected or are they doing it externally like a normal hacker?

Well, its not hacking of the server, its simply scripts run on the cheaters computer, in which the output is globalized making it so everyone see's his cheats.

Unless he really did hack the server (The server in which the ArmA Game server is running on), he has to be in the game as a player to cheat.

There is cheat protection, but it's not strong enough to stop what we have at the moment. It's difficult to implement something that can detect cheats since the cheats are using ArmA's scripting engine to do it. So your mission may create an LGB for a cutscene, not a cheat. However the exact meathod is used to spawn an LGB in a base killing everyone and everything in it. It's not easy to detect between the two as some scripts are run client side in mission anyway. AFAIK, theres no way of telling the diffrence.. until it's too late.

A lot of cheaters do try and change their Player ID, a lot I believe are outputted as 10 digit ID's. BIS have recently released a Dedicated Server update to stop people connecting with 10 digit id's.

There are some anti-cheat scripts available for servers and/or missions, although I can't comment on how effective they are as i've never seen them really used and then tested.

My server was hit today by cheater by the guys we call KFC. I manage XR - Public server and we had like 64players on server all day then cheater made everyone crash to desktop well 60 to 70% of server then killed it

We run cheat protection which has been pretty good and stops cheaters using the supercheat pack but the guys who make these cheats say they will make new release on november 5th which will bypass most anticheat systems and i guess they made it already but aint relased it yet and hit my server.

I got a list of cheater ips i was given which i will start to ban to stop these damn game reckers geting on server. but sadly i cant stop all cheaters till they actully cheat and get caught by our logs after doing abit of searching

Update the server to the latest version. wink_o.gif

Hi all

JasonO

It is not hacking, it is cracking also you are incorrect about where the code is being enacted.

It is being initiated on the computer of the person running the crack which said person who runs the crack has deliberately and with malice aforethought attached to a computer server over a network. The intention of said person being to enact activities which cause the server or other computers not belonging to said person to act in a way not intended by the owner admin of the server or other persons connecting to said server. As such said person is committing a crime.

I draw your attention to this thread.

http://www.flashpoint1985.com/cgi-bin....t=68559

Read the law it is quite clear and there are versions of it for the location of most servers.

The solution is simple the admin just needs to run a packet sniffer and pass the evidence to police, case closed.

Kind Regards walker

Where do you get cracking from?

Its game scripting. JasonO is correct.

Case Closed.

exactly.

Hi all

In Reply to Matt Rochelle and oChaos.DNJ does not matter whether a (cracker/script-kiddie/poo-flinger) hits an irc server or a web server or a game server. In each case they use code, whether script that is used on the server or a stream of none script code, and they do so to make unauthorised access.

The moment the code which enacts unauthorised access leaves the computer of the person who enacts the unauthorized access code and moves via a network on to the server computer and enacts said unauthorised access is when the crime is committed.

The law is clear read the thread; http://www.flashpoint1985.com/cgi-bin....t=68559 ignorance of the law is no defence.

Regards walker

Edited to include DMarkwick's suggestion

Where do you get cracking from?

Its game scripting. JasonO is correct.

Case Closed.

Yeah to give these guys the name "cracker" is to grossly overestimate their talents. They're using scripts, which is what the game is designed to do. Essentially they're using the game as it was meant to be used, to simply piss off as many people as possible.

Anyone can do this in any situation. Try going into a restaurant and throwing all your food at the rest of the customers. This is the equivalent of KFC expertise smile_o.gif

*edit*

In fact, I would think the catch-all name of "poo-flingers" would suit these guys perfectly smile_o.gif

biggrin_o.gif

Yeah to give these guys the name "cracker" is to grossly overestimate their talents. They're using scripts, which is what the game is designed to do. Essentially they're using the game as it was meant to be used, to simply piss off as many people as possible.

I had a look at their scripts. They're actually pretty badly made. Mostly still using old OFP sqs script syntax too.

Sure they will have an update, I guess mainly to make it harder to detect. Dunno why though, hardly anybody does anything about the current version.

Anyway, instead of just complaining about it on the forums it would be better to go and do something about it. Enough said smile_o.gif

Anyway, instead of just complaining about it on the forums it would be better to go and do something about it. Enough said smile_o.gif

Why would anyone want to do that. We can wait for the police to come and knock down doors in a global raid targeting a website that makes cheats. The law is very clear on this matter. Aka they could care less.

Why would anyone want to do that. We can wait for the police to come and knock down doors in a global raid targeting a website that makes cheats. The law is very clear on this matter. Aka they could care less.

You're sounding like them now tounge2.gif Just kidding.

I don't have much faith in the law anyway, I've seen many serious crimes get no attention from police. Guess that's because of where I live confused_o.gif

Anyway, it's no harder to make anti-cheat tools than it is to make cheats. Your server tools are one example of doing something useful instead of spamming the forums smile_o.gif

You're sounding like them now tounge2.gif Just kidding.

I don't have much faith in the law anyway, I've seen many serious crimes get no attention from police. Guess that's because of where I live confused_o.gif

Anyway, it's no harder to make anti-cheat tools than it is to make cheats. Your server tools are one example of doing something useful instead of spamming the forums smile_o.gif

Heh, if I ever make it work right. ROFL

*edit*

wrong topic..

Can't any1 hack them back? I mean like contra-hacking? I know nothing on the subject, so maybe I'm just dreaming. And probably making a fool of myself rofl.gif But I'd love for some bright heads to form a Contra-Haxxor-Deathsquad to nail these guys, as they are very annoying atm.

What good would that do though? Honestly your just stooping to the same level then if you do it back.

BIS should really consider releasing the source code.

I think there is a reason that every decent server software is available in source code.

Can't any1 hack them back? I mean like contra-hacking? I know nothing on the subject, so maybe I'm just dreaming. And probably making a fool of myself rofl.gif But I'd love for some bright heads to form a Contra-Haxxor-Deathsquad to nail these guys, as they are very annoying atm.

Argh.. Solution is in Russia... get some money and just pay that someone kills wesker..... I am willing to pay for that..... that sick I am.... crazy_o.gifpistols.gif