Sign in to follow this  
NonWonderDog

Tank Fire Control Systems

A little up for NWD notworthy.gif

I can't wait this to work on MP, ... makes me mad banghead.gif

I hope you still think about a dedicated server compatible version of this fantastic work.

MP need this, NoWonderDog, really.

please help.gif

Brakes, make sure you completely deleted the old version before installing the new one. Sometimes that is the problem.

Also, make sure you have all of the required addons:

Quote[/b] ]

This mod requires the extended init eventhandlers mod! If you use GMJ_SightAdjustment, make sure to use the compatibility patch in the "examples" folder of the extended init eventhandlers mod. Just put it in your @GMJ_SightAdjusment/addons folder.

I've got EIE 1.1 installed and I also put SightAdjustment_AutoInit.pbo to the GMJ_SightAdjustment/addon folder. I've deleted the v0.1 files before installing v0.2. Everything else except the T72 gunner position is OK. 0.1 also worked without a glitch. Weird that.

Oh well, win some, lose some I guess. The new damage system seems interesting. Hope things'll get better in future versions, this is a great mod anyways smile_o.gif

Brakes, make sure you completely deleted the old version before installing the new one.  Sometimes that is the problem.

Also, make sure you have all of the required addons:

Quote[/b] ]

This mod requires the extended init eventhandlers mod!  If you use GMJ_SightAdjustment, make sure to use the compatibility patch in the "examples" folder of the extended init eventhandlers mod.  Just put it in your @GMJ_SightAdjusment/addons folder.

I've got EIE 1.1 installed and I also put SightAdjustment_AutoInit.pbo to the GMJ_SightAdjustment/addon folder. I've deleted the v0.1 files before installing v0.2. Everything else except the T72 gunner position is OK. 0.1 also worked without a glitch. Weird that.

Oh well, win some, lose some I guess. The new damage system seems interesting. Hope things'll get better in future versions, this is a great mod anyways    smile_o.gif

Just going through some possibilities. There is a reason it's not working, and it's fairly unlikely that it's some code problem that only affects your machine. There may be a conflict some some user AddOns you may have put in the AddOns folder of ArmA itself?

It's probably a conflict with some other addon that's trying to change the sight field of view. TrueView might do this, especially if you have an old version. I don't really know, though, since I don't use that mod.

The sights now have an absolutely fixed field of view. The T-72 main gun sight has a 9° field of view no matter how much or how little you've zoomed in (until you're at or below 1x magnification, at which point it switches to the 8°x36° periscope). If, for some reason, some mod has set a very low zoom value for the gun sights, that nine degrees will seem very small.

My code should track your current magnification within 20% accuracy or so no matter what it's set to in the config and give you the proper fixed field of view, but it doesn't take too much to get confused. Make sure that you're using keyboard keys for zoom -- if you use joystick buttons (unless they're bound to keyboard keys in programming software), my code won't notice when you zoom in or out. I don't know if TrackIR affects scope zoom, but if it does you'll have a problem.

Problem solved: TrueView 1.0 caused the clash. Will check the TrackIr combatibility later.

Excellent work, the NWD-FCS addon it's a "must" in my community, just like the Ballistic Addon and the related ones.

Only a question or two:

Have you planned to include this FCS in other tank models like the Vilas' PT91, M2 Bradley or T72-ERA?.

Have you planned include in this addon the ability to deploy smoke-screens?.

The actions availables by default to the Tank Commander is a great limitation, have you seen the improvements to this position in the XAM mod?. What about do something similar?.

Thank you for your time and efforts NWD trying to bring us a far complete ArmA experience.

Excellent work, the NWD-FCS addon it's a "must" in my community, just like the Ballistic Addon and the related ones.

Only a question or two:

Have you planned to include this FCS in other tank models like the Vilas' PT91, M2 Bradley or T72-ERA?.

Have you planned include in this addon the ability to deploy smoke-screens?.

The actions availables by default to the Tank Commander is a great limitation, have you seen the improvements to this position in the XAM mod?. What about do something similar?.

Thank you for your time and efforts NWD trying to bring us a far complete ArmA experience.

Check out previous posts if you want a quicker answer to a few things. If I remember correctly, a few of your questions have been addressed by NWD.

Ah, Mandinga, i didn't know that you were here!

But you are new as i can see, with just 2 post.

Well, NWD Tank Ballistics are a great improvement in the vanilla ArmA. One of the things that i love about this mod is the ability to be invulnerable to small arms' bullets, without this a M1A1 could be destroyed with 2 SAW magazines :\ Perfect for a "reallistic" combat simulator.

And yes, would be awesome a universal MOD for all tanks, or at least the ability to resist bullets for all the armored vehicles.

Nice to see you here, Benoist. The forum rules don't give me clearance to use my normal nick "Mandinga", can you believe it? huh.gif I'm a new post-writer but an aged post-reader.

I've just finished reading the 14 pages precedents... what I can say?... I'm pleasantly surprised about the care and dedication put on this addon by NWD, their efforts does greats and necessary improvements to the ArmA's mechanized units. I hope the 0.3 version will come fast with more good news for all the realistic fans.

I saw he's doing a great job, the smokescreen, the commander functions upgrade and the modernized op-for tanks can wait till the FCS little bugs are corrected.

I'll track this topic and I am going to celebrate the next release.

Strange occurance here.

While playing 1.09 with mod enabled during one of the campaign tank assaults, the mod was not working through most of the session, but once when I changed tanks it started working. Changed tanks again and it stopped.

Weirdness...

Strange occurance here.

While playing 1.09 with mod enabled during one of the campaign tank assaults, the mod was not working through most of the session, but once when I changed tanks it started working. Changed tanks again and it stopped.

Weirdness...

Me too! It also stops working for me after anytime I load. But it works again if I quickly jump out of the tank, then get back in. Voila, It's back.

I didn't expect that it would work at all after a save-load cycle. You say all you have to do is get out and then get back in? I might be able to fix that.

As for switching tanks, the code currently assumes that the "player" is always the same unit. It should work in any tank that the player inhabits, but if you switch the player to another unit it won't work. I should be able to monitor for this and move all my variables over to the new unit if need be, so this will be fixed in the next version.

If you mean that it starts working once you get out of your tank and physically get in another, I have no idea why it would do that. Maybe there's a conflicting script in the mission somehow.

I've been gone for a while (finals followed by vacation), but I'll start back up on the mod this weekend.

I didn't expect that it would work at all after a save-load cycle. You say all you have to do is get out and then get back in? I might be able to fix that.

Now that I think about, I don't think I've ever had a problem with it not working after a load. That is, after I load a game in which I'm the gunner all I have to do is exit that tank then re-enter said tank. Then it works like a charm every time.

Quote[/b] ]I've been gone for a while (finals followed by vacation), but I'll start back up on the mod this weekend.

any news NonWonderDog?

cheers rob

realy realy nice sights i am definetly using that

but i don't understand what is the meaning of all those

firing modes meter changes and stuff like that

well i will probably in 4 years when i join the armoured core! biggrin_o.gif

anyway-awesome addon freaking awesome

realy realy nice sights i am definetly using that

but i don't understand what is the meaning of all those

firing modes meter changes and stuff like that

well i will probably in 4 years when i join the armoured core!  biggrin_o.gif

anyway-awesome addon freaking awesome

Different kinds of tank shells fly at different speeds. Slower shells fly in an arc that looks more like a lobbed ball and faster shells fly more like a pitched ball. To reach the same distance, the lobbed ball has to be tossed at more of an upward angle. The different FCS mods match how each shell flies, so if you are shooting sabot shells you'd want to have the apfsds fcs mode activated to ensure the proper muzzle elevation.

Any updates? Huh? Huh? Any?

rofl.gif

Alright back to topic. During an SP game, does anyone else occasionally get a strange error in the upper left corner of the screen? After which, the TankFCS stops working? It seems to happen randomly during the course of a mission. Unfortunately, I haven't been able to get a screenshot of this error. The message has something about TankFCS in the text, so I figured to post this vague question.(And the tank sight goes back to plain vanilla sights.)

I can't seem to reproduce the error. It seems random. Maybe someone else has had a similar experience and can be a lot more help then my post.

BTW, I'm using v1.09 beta along with NWD's other AddOns, all of DM's most recent AddOns/Mods, Matt's ArmA effects, Six Pack 1/2, TrueMods v2, Q1184's Wind/ROF/Recoil, and many others.

Sorry for being so damn vague. I'm gonna play a bunch over the weekend so hopefully I can get a screenshot of the error. Or possibly someone has had a similar thing happen and will chime in.

Edit:

Oh yeah. The beginning wasn't a serious inquiry btw. Just being a jackass. My apologies.

Manzilla, check your arma.RPT file for the error log. If an error message shows in game it'll sure show in the .RPT.

It can be found at "C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\Local settings\Application Data\ArmA\arma.RPT"

I didn't see anything about it, but is there any news on using XAM 1.4 and your tank mod? So far the only way I've gotten your mod to show up properly (The moving red reticule and such) is to put your addon in the XAM folder and remove the XAM_Veh addon, which got the reticule working, but removed the loadout and therefore the ammo. banghead.gif I really like XAM for taking screenshots and single player infantry, but the only way to play tanks is with your mod. Please, please, please... *Bows to your glory*

Example

Regards,

Tracy

Yeah I got the same issue too when I run it with the new XAM. I don't get the lock on feature when XAM is also running, but get almost everything else. Ashame really, though I wonder if its more something for XAM to work on supporting? Either way I hope there will be eventual compatibility as I can no long enjoy using a tank without this addon. smile_o.gif

hey something that bothers me alot-when I use the mcnools desert replacement vehicles and use the tank fcs in the same time my tank is in green regular BIS camo and not desert why?

and can you please fix it in your next version?

thanks!!

hey something that bothers me alot-when I use the mcnools desert replacement vehicles and use the tank fcs in the same time my tank is in green regular BIS camo and not desert why?

thanks!!

Because the mod alters the vehicle to sit lower, alters the damage LODs, etc.

thanks!!

Israelieagle,

First, in full disclosure, my intention is only to make a suggestion not a demand. No offense intended on my part.

With that said...

In many cases a quick browse through it's forum topic is the quickest and easiest way to find some info or fix a problem you've encountered with an AddOn/Mod.

I had so many problems getting this to work when it was first released. I had many of the same questions as you as well. Finally I decided to read through the topic. Well at least all of the first few pages.

Anyway, if you haven't read NWD's first post a few times I would highly suggest it. He really and quite beautifully layouts the details of his TankFCS. Hey, I could figure out the system so it's got to be well written. biggrin_o.gif

Just a suggestion.

well i hope updated version come out soon

there are issues with rangefinder

t72 commander turret is iffy (only aims into ground)

and several others problems ...

definitely can't wait for fixes