Sign in to follow this  
brit~XR

Arma is a let down for most ofp players

From playing ofp for a number of years i find arma crap to play to be honest. It uses the bad points of ofp like when players connect to in game it causes heavy desync meaning lag unlike other games where u can connect to them in a way it wont lag people playing on server.

And it dont use ofp good points like its controls. I find the arma controls so pasted. using the mouse for driving cars and stuff i found horrible as it dont respond quick enough when turning. gets to the point where i have to switch dpi on my g5 mouse for different things like driving or aiming. wepon recoils just suck and fire all over the place and inpossable to hit somethink thats far away And as for using tanks i think its crap that you in a m1a1 and it gets disabled by 1heat or rpg. 2 rpg and it blows up killing you in friendly fire. or just dies in 1sabot

Most people who never played ofp and got arma will prob thing its gr8 compeared to other games but as a ofp player i found it disapointing like alot of others who still choose to play ofp over arma. So i wont be one whos gonna waste money on arma 2 if its gonna be the same crap. Id rather buy ofp 2

You know, when you look at that thread a bit more, im not surprised BI moved straight to ArmA 2, we didnt exactly fill em with confidence for ArmA did we rofl.gif

Its like in a sum up.

Me: " I can wite over 30 pages of shit about this game that isnt good wtf are you gonna do "

BI : " Well build a new one "

Me: " Suits me biggrin_o.gif "

That's funny - I always thought Arma was exactly the same as OFP except for a few minor changes.

And yet a good number of people like ARMA for it's improvements over the original OFP. Me ,for one.

And when the user made addons start flowing, it'll only get better.

PS....am I the only one who hits the * key when I fly or drive? Seems to make things easier. And yes I use a stick, and soon I'll be getting a wheel control.

PSS....The M1A1 would be a god on tracks if it used real world stats...so yes rpgs are dangerous smile_o.gif

The only disappointing thing I have to say about it is: It's unplayable. Not in the sence that I can play it and its bad, in the sense that...simply my new system cannot play ArmA unless I buy a new hard drive, and take a stick of ram out. Sorry I'm not doing all that for a game.

Crysis MP BETA (Version3) has provided over 50 hours of excitement already smile_o.gif

Hey whens the trolleriffic thread gunna close?

As huge OFP mp coops fan I´ll say that ArmA is advanced version of OFP whit some minor worsened things. Overall however ArmA can anyday deliver everything that same than OFP could.

Just a quick reply before it gets locked. (@ brit~XR: not because of the criticism of course)

Quote[/b] ]And it dont use ofp good points like its controls. I find the arma controls so pasted. using the mouse for driving cars and stuff i found horrible as it dont respond quick enough when turning. gets to the point where i have to switch dpi on my g5 mouse for different things like driving or aiming.

Suma has already explained what's the problem, and when it'll be solved.

Quote[/b] ]wepon recoils just suck and fire all over the place and inpossable to hit somethink thats far away

Have you ever considered that your aiming skills may suck too?  

Quote[/b] ]And as for using tanks i think its crap that you in a m1a1 and it gets disabled by 1heat or rpg. 2 rpg and it blows up killing you in friendly fire. or just dies in 1sabot

Realistic tank firing/ballistics mod is in the making. (ofp without mods was quite crappy too when it comes to rpg vs mbt issue)

Quote[/b] ]Most people who never played ofp and got arma will prob thing its gr8 compeared to other games but as a ofp player i found it disapointing like alot of others who still choose to play ofp over arma.

To me, the only reasonable advantage ofp has over arma are hardware requirements. (+ maybe mods that aren't converted to arma yet) And yes, I was a really big fan of ofp too.

Quote[/b] ]So i wont be one whos gonna waste money on arma 2 if its gonna be the same crap. Id rather buy ofp 2

Well...it's up to you on who's crap you'll waste your money. I'm pretty sure, that you'd change your mind about arma if you checked the addons/mods completed/discussion forums more often.

The only real "let downs" for me were the performance, but then my old PC wasn't exactly cutting edge. It was below minimum specs so I didn't really expect much, runs fine now though on my new set up. The other thing that is a bit annoying is the AI. Sometimes it's insanely awesome and other times it's as dumb as a 2x4, but at least it's actually AI and not scripted like you see in most other games. It needs improving but they have to balance the thing out with other things like rendering and the like.

They could make it so one CPU on a dual core system handles the AI whilst the other does the rest, but this wouldn't be fair to those who have single core chips, so again it's down to balance.

Guest Ti0n3r
Quote[/b] ]And it dont use ofp good points like its controls.

Just re-bind the keys then. Took me 5 minutes to do.

Quote[/b] ]simply my new system cannot play ArmA unless I buy a new hard drive, and take a stick of ram out. Sorry I'm not doing all that for a game.
Ur repetetive aswell as wrong.

http://www.flashpoint1985.com/cgi-bin....w;st=90

A method to run ArmA on Vista with more than 3GB RAM, without having to physically take ur stick out.

Also, don't forget to mention that you actually bought a new rig for ArmA, but you somehow 'forgot' how ArmA is not supported on Vista aswell as the connected issues that come with it. That doesn't change the fact that you have issues, but it does show that ur just as much to blame for it smile_o.gif

Just a quick reply before it gets locked. (@ brit~XR: not because of the criticism of course)
Quote[/b] ]And it dont use ofp good points like its controls. I find the arma controls so pasted. using the mouse for driving cars and stuff i found horrible as it dont respond quick enough when turning. gets to the point where i have to switch dpi on my g5 mouse for different things like driving or aiming.

Suma has already explained what's the problem, and when it'll be solved.

I don't know what he said to this problem. Can you give a link or a short explanation?

File your report in the Disappoint thread. biggrin_o.gif