Sign in to follow this  
Doolittle

Block certain cheat users

I have written an addon that only a dedicated server needs. They will also have to put a line in each map's init.sqf file.

What it does is detects if a user is running any of the known cheats for Arma. If they are then they will be stopped from using the cheat and you will be notified in your server logs.

If you would like this addon please PM me with your server's website and I will send to the e-mail I see listed on the site. This cheat protection will only last as long as the cheat makers do not get a hold of the addon.

Doolittle

great, but may not be the best confirmation. I would ask them also to go to the server in question with you, and login as admin. that way you can be sure he is the owner of it.

Its a bit more work, but the best option I guess.

great, but may not be the best confirmation. I would ask them also to go to the server in question with you, and login as admin. that way you can be sure he is the owner of it.

Its a bit more work, but the best option I guess.

I'm with rundll.exe on this one DL.

the addon works like a dream, just make sure your careful who you give it to DL  thumbs-up.gif

EDIT: a asshole could also just rent a server, log in with DL on the server and then they could get it. so ya need to watch out man whistle.gif

but i'm sure you already thought of this thumbs-up.gif

Let me know if you need more ways to detect that well known pack.

There are plenty of ways.

We should add a generic way to execute server side scripts which all MP mission makers could use.

It's becoming messy with different hooks needed for all the different anti cheat systems.

This sounds really great.

However I fear by giving it out like this they will get their hands on it very soon.......thats my opinion at least.

Handing it out to server admins doesnt mean anything, these guys can use any cheat pack them selves as well cause they cant shoot for sh*t or whatever.

In GR we had a cheat commity, they had acces to special tools they developped which no one got except 100% trusted members.

I think arma needs something similair.

Dont get me wrong, cause I would love to have it on our server (armaholic #1) to prevent any kind of cheating, but if acces to the file would be to easy and cause the wrong people to have it I rather see only a few good servers run it than each and every server out there.

The thing is "known cheats", it looks to me that they can generate cheats faster than you could update the server.

salisan, you're totally right. Having to edit all maps on a server is a pain. Someone needs to come up with some universal system other addon makers can hook into somehow. I just want to get this addon out there as soon as possible though since it's pretty bad out there.

december, yes their coders can always re-code something. But, then they have to distribute it to everyone else and that takes a while. Plus, you should never not try to fight back.

Rambo, this doesn't use the signature system. It's run by the server which is already a trusted source (by definition).

Doolittle

Hi,

Quote[/b] ]It's run by the server which is already a trusted source (by definition).

I think it's not the point if the source which is running the script is trusted or not. By signing the script/addon with your private key you make your addon "uinque", as far as a server is verifiying your addon with your public key. So you assure that no changes to the code can be done without loosing the binding to your key.

But thx a lot for the addon, we really needed something againt the B***ards!

It works great, I love what it does to the wankers...... my favorite server has been hack free for 2 weeks now... But again watch out DL.. And on there forums they say there is no way to detect it lol.....

Can you guys post logs of people who failed the ClassCheck, if you know what I mean?

I was thinking about something to make the addon work with every mission, but It might only work for OFP, im not used to ArmA configs yet.

The idea is as follows: make a config that overwrites the base inithandler of a unit that is in all missions, say the base class of a soldier. You could just re-define this class and add the script to the eventhandler.

Does this work or not?

I was thinking about something to make the addon work with every mission, but It might only work for OFP, im not used to ArmA configs yet.

The idea is as follows: make a config that overwrites the base inithandler of a unit that is in all missions, say the base class of a soldier. You could just re-define this class and add the script to the eventhandler.

Does this work or not?

That should work. If the script is only meant to be run once then just add a check at the start of it so it only runs once and doesn't repeat for every unit.

I don't know how this thing works though, so you might need to do something differently. I haven't seen it myself.

Are we even sure the current cheats are really using modded addons and config, and not injecting script code directly into game memory live?

Are we even sure the current cheats are really using modded addons and config, and not injecting script code directly into game memory live?

They are just pbos. That is why they are so effective. They are just calling commands BIS has for map makers.

There's some stuff they do outside the game that removes fog, etc. But that is client side stuff. It's the stuff they do to other players that is so annoying. Don't interfere with my play.

Doolittle

Does this work or not?

That should work. If the script is only meant to be run once then just add a check at the start of it so it only runs once and doesn't repeat for every unit.

I don't know how this thing works though, so you might need to do something differently. I haven't seen it myself.

Yes that was my thought. It would really make this addon alot more usefull, as the missions dont have to be changed.

and there is no way for the cheaters to block the anti-cheat. (if there is any)

you know how to do it Doolittle?

I hope that those that have this addon are sharing it with server operators that they know and trust!! Thanks!

Lo all,

just have a question Doolittle would this work on server's that are rented from a host? where we the customer don't have direct access to the server's desktop/ports etc.

Thanks

Lo all,

just have a question Doolittle would this work on server's that are rented from a host? where we the customer don't have direct access to the server's desktop/ports etc.

Thanks

Yes if you can upload files to the arma folders it works.

Guys, please post logs of people who were caught. The cheaters don't think this works. They need to learn fear again.

Please don't take it as an offense Dolittle. Who cares if they think it works or not. The less they know the more it will keep working. All that matters.

Guys, please post logs of people who were caught. The cheaters don't think this works. They need to learn fear again.

I have installed this on our server, it has only been added to a few missions cause I wanna see what it is doing wink_o.gif

Our server isnt the most popular and best out there and thats good cause we dont get those placenta's online so before I can give any feedabck it might take some time wink_o.gif

Its alittle hard to disviver some of it but yeah:)

Error position: <getdir "re");_v setvelocity [0,0,1];>

Error getdir: Type String, expected Object

Canot dammage remote transport WEST 1-1-I:1 (Wolke Streit) REMOTE (w10)

Canot dammage remote transport WEST 1-1-I:1 (Wolke Streit) REMOTE (w10)

Client: Object 1621:41 (type UpdatePositionVehicle) not found.

Warning: Cleanup player - person 1685:15 not found

*** Remote: Identity Miracle Max transferred from 2:38430 to 1677:9

Message not sent - error 0, message ID = ffffffff, to 2018492379 (Miracle Max)

Unknown entity: 'ýüü^^Hý¢Ã¼þ^úúÇü ü7·þzþÿä+µµÿÿ'

Unknown entity: '“'

Don't try to get their attention. I saw your posts on their forums. If they don't believe in the tool then that's a good thing.