Sign in to follow this  
skickahit10

Artillery script

(I know this is no addon, but I think this post belongs here anyways)

Finally - after some hard work my kick-ass artillery script is ready!!

This is no bullshit where shells will appear out of nowhere, this is the actual guns (M119s) in ArmA aiming and firing their weapons. All you have to do is click on the map and you'll have artillery shells raining down there within a minute or so!

Download from: here.

Then extract to \My Documents\ArmA\missions\

A complete walk through (read it before using the script) can be found here (included in the zip-file as well)

I previously stated that the script required an addon by Mapfacts. I updated the script though so now no 3rd-party-addons are needed.

I'm very proud of it - try it out and let me know what you think! yay.gif

Screenshot 1

Screenshot 2

skickahit10: anyway of making it working without that awful MAPFACT addon? It has bunch of stuff in there and our team is not using it because of that...

skickahit10: anyway of making it working without that awful MAPFACT addon? It has bunch of stuff in there and our team is not using it because of that...

See my (updated) first post in this thread.

"Artillery script, My artillery script"

Notice the Bold, So why in the world would it belong in the addons fourm.?

Why dont people use the Editing Fourm specificlly for scripts???

I may as well post all my Scripts/Script Questions in this part of the fourm too everyone else seems too  huh.gif and gets away with it.

Edit: Nice Script BTW

Matt Rochelle, some people don't spend much time on these forums. No point being sarcastic.

This is one of the most useful scripts I have seen on this forum, well done skickahit10.

i wasnt be sarcastic, i knw where my next script is going.

Anyways yeah i just tested this and its quite usefull. smile_o.gif Gona add it into my MP mission which will only be found on the GOL server. smile_o.gifthumbs-up.gif

I may as well post all my Scripts/Script Questions in this part of the fourm too everyone else seems too huh.gif and gets away with it.

Because as far as I could see there is no "editing forum" (or am I blind?).

There's a forum for user missions, but I believe this script has more of a addon-touch to it.

There used to be a script section (if I don't remember wrong) but I can't find it anymore - and as you pointed out in the sticky - it seems to have been removed.

It's nice to hear that you like the script though smile_o.gif

Matt Rochelle, some people don't spend much time on these forums. No point being sarcastic.

This is one of the most useful scripts I have seen on this forum, well done skickahit10.

Thank you! thumbs-up.gifsmile_o.gif

Amazing work dude, I tried it, loved it!! Mayhem from a hilltop!

thumbs-up.gif

Thanks for the support smile_o.gifsmile_o.gif

I prefer using "Real Artillery" addon (2 small pbos). Real cannons and spotters can be used.

I prefer using "Real Artillery" addon (2 small pbos). Real cannons and spotters can be used.

well, the cannons are very real in my script.

as for the spotters you could always turn off the auto-correction (by changing the number of times the guns may fire to 1) and then do the correction yourself. not the same thing though - I know.

Thanks for the feedback anyways.

I may as well post all my Scripts/Script Questions in this part of the fourm too everyone else seems too huh.gif and gets away with it.

Because as far as I could see there is no "editing forum" (or am I blind?).

There's a forum for user missions, but I believe this script has more of a addon-touch to it.

There used to be a script section (if I don't remember wrong) but I can't find it anymore - and as you pointed out in the sticky - it seems to have been removed.

It's nice to hear that you like the script though smile_o.gif

For future reference smile_o.gif

Editors Section

There used to be a script section (if I don't remember wrong) but I can't find it anymore - and as you pointed out in the sticky - it seems to have been removed....

Look here, notice the "ADDON/MOD & MISSION MAKING" part near the bottom with an "ARMA EDITING" section tounge2.gif

Anyway cool script. But there might be a problem with very long range targets because the shells get deleted after (I think) 25 seconds. It's a setting in the config that could be changed with an addon. I don't know if you've already found a way to deal with that, haven't had a chance to look at the script myself.

Edit: The editing section was moved there a while ago and it has confused quite a few people, don't worry you're not the first biggrin_o.gif

There used to be a script section (if I don't remember wrong) but I can't find it anymore - and as you pointed out in the sticky - it seems to have been removed....

Look here, notice the "ADDON/MOD & MISSION MAKING" part near the bottom with an "ARMA EDITING" section tounge2.gif

Anyway cool script. But there might be a problem with very long range targets because the shells get deleted after (I think) 25 seconds. It's a setting in the config that could be changed with an addon. I don't know if you've already found a way to deal with that, haven't had a chance to look at the script myself.

yep someone alerted me about that part of the forum, but what's done's done. I suppose a moderator will have to move the thread even though I think it's doing good here wink_o.gif

concerning the range limit - I know about the time limit. furthermore: the force of drag in ArmA wouldn't allow the shell to fly much further than 5-6 km anyways.

all of these issues are dealt with in the documentation to the script.

but - try the script anyways. it kicks pretty much ass smile_o.gif

Don't feel bad skickahit10, my addon is almost entirely script but PBO it and suddenly it's an addon biggrin_o.gif I think it's fine here. I would say it belongs here more than the script forum to be honest, as that is down in "editing" and this is a finished usable script wink_o.gif

Just thought I'd drop in and say to everyone except skickahit10 "Consult my sig." lol there's a reason for that.

Great script.

=edit= haha Matt tounge2.gifrofl.gif

Just thought I'd drop in and say to everyone except skickahit10 "Consult my sig." lol there's a reason for that.

Great script.

LOL you say that all the time, not like anyone is going to take notice tounge2.gifrofl.gif Although i have clicked it a few times out of curiosity. tounge2.gif

Great script.

=edit= haha Matt tounge2.gifrofl.gif

hehe...thanks tounge2.gif

pistols.gif <--- you wink_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]You cannot play/edit this mission; it is dependent on downloadable content that has been deleted.map_misc

I have followed the link from page1.

?

You can change it into the script if you want.

Anyway... if I got a little bit more time, I´ll modify it a little bit wink_o.gif