Sign in to follow this  
USSRsniper

Ka-50 missiles

OK playing ArmA since day 1, and still can't get how do you use KA-50 correctly? So missile destroys target from one shot? Even hovering missiles miss the target.... Was playing single player mission other day with KA50 hoping it was fixed in 1.08, but missiles still miss. IS it me doing something wrong or KA-50 in ArmA sucks? goodnight.gif have no problems like this with AH-1....

To successfully engage a target in the KA50 you must be within 1000m, you must also have the target correctly lined up using the scope, doesnt matter whether you are moving or not, as long as you are within range, and the target is in the crosshair (default "v") you will hit.

Or short: These are standoff weapons, use FFARs for close range attacks.

In order to hit you must lock 1st then fire tgt symbol will turn into a star when locked. Thats for Vhkrs only BTW IRL Vhkrs have a much bigger range than just 1km.

Launch mass 45 kg

Length 2.80 m

Diameter 130 mm

Wingspan 380 mm

Speed 600m/s, Mach 1.8

Range 8-10 km

Flying altitude N/A

Warhead Armor penetration behind ERA, 1,000 mm

Guidance Laser beam-riding

Fuzes Proximity and Impact

Launch platform Helicopters

Ka-50

Ka-52

Aircraft

Su-25 (Should say SU25T not vanilla)

Remember lock 1st then fire and make sure you use cover and concealment. BTW they don't fly straight to the target they fly a spiral path due to the fact that there is only one control surface.

biggrin_o.gif

In order to hit you must lock 1st then fire tgt symbol will turn into a star when locked. Thats for Vhkrs only BTW IRL Vhkrs have a much bigger range than just 1km.

Launch mass 45 kg

Length 2.80 m

Diameter 130 mm

Wingspan 380 mm

Speed 600m/s, Mach 1.8

Range 8-10 km

Flying altitude N/A

Ka-50

Ka-52

Aircraft

Remember lock 1st then fire and make sure you use cover and concealment. BTW they don't fly straight to the target they fly a spiral path due to the fact that there is only one control surface.

biggrin_o.gif

Lol, i know you have to lock. But sometimes missiles don't hit, so now you need more then lock on target with right click? as it was done in OFP... But most of the time, I jsut give up on missile and go in with 80mm rockets. But still ArmA Ka-50 needs complete remaking, such as making gun able to move, because it seems in arma it doesn't mvoe at all. And Ka-50 is not fun to fly as it should be. Yes, saw too much of Lock On Black Shark videos..... whistle.gif

Hmm... One could always tinker with the targeting range for missiles... There is a problem, as far as I know, with that the flight time can't be too long, or the missile will just dissappear. One can try to max out the distance one can target at though, to get out as much as possible from the VHKRs, Hellfires and Mavericks.

You can engage with the vikhrs at ranges much longer than 1000m... Much, much longer. Just point your nose a little above the target and launch... maybe 10 or 15 degrees or so as you look through the gunsights. They should hit first shot every time. The Kamov has excellent optics and an incredible range. You can hover out of range of most threats and pummel your targets at a fantastic distance using ground cover, the auto-hover functionality, aiming slightly above your point targets with the vikhr and using your rockets like artillery. That single player mission is a breeze. Eliminate the convoy, then fly down the coast to that resort town with the church. Engage from there. Noone will even know what hit them, much less shoot back at you. Always take out the biggest threats first: ie. the vulcans.

As we see whole Ka-50 is one of biggest flaws in ArmA. sad that BIS devs didnt concenterated enought to realism of air vehicles.

One of the things I find annoying about the Kamov is the guided missiles (vikhrs) weave about too much and quite often miss the target.

This isn't a problem for the AH-1 (Hellfires) as they always fly straight.

One of the things I find annoying about the Kamov is the guided missiles (vikhrs) weave about too much and quite often miss the target.

Yet if you aim a bit above the target like one of the other posts here said, almost every missile hits tounge2.gif Weird but it works.

Thats a real feature...Vikhrs spiral towards the target while Hellfires fly straight or a high LOAL Profile....the waving or spiraling decreases with range...firing them at less than 500m is nonsense. Around 1000 -1500m seem to be optimum range in ArmA...

Flying with less than 2000m viewdistance is not advisable anyway.

It has nothing to do with the way you target or aim the target box at the target.... they lock-on.... you shouldn't have to keep pointing at the target ffs.

Its the game, the missile wobbles so much that as they 'hit' the target they could be at the full left or right of their wobble and just hit the ground, I've tested it and whoever said you have to be within 1000m is wrong in all the tests I've done the further you are away the less and less the missile wobbles ie 3km launch will have a far better chance of hitting than at 1000m/1km.

Launch mass 45 kg

Length 2.80 m

Diameter 130 mm

Wingspan 380 mm

Speed 600m/s, Mach 1.8

Range 8-10 km

Flying altitude N/A

Ka-50

Ka-52

Aircraft

biggrin_o.gif

Lol, i know you have to lock. But sometimes missiles don't hit, so now you need more then lock on target with right click? as it was done in OFP... But most of the time, I jsut give up on missile and go in with 80mm rockets.  But still ArmA Ka-50 needs complete remaking, such as making gun able to move, because it seems in arma it doesn't mvoe at all. And Ka-50 is not fun to fly as it should be. Yes, saw too much of Lock On Black Shark videos.....  whistle.gif

Lol yeah I eagerly await its release it'll take the top slot as the most complex flight sim ever made. Quite an awesome machine I like the ABRIS thats quite a cool gadget.

Are the sim/real pilots in here talking about ArmA or what happens for real? The missiles don't spiral, they wobble up and down with a 3-5 meter diameter, enough to give some 50% or less accuracy when engaging an M113 at a reasonable range. The same thing happens with the TOW that is completely useless on land because the missile hits the ground or jumps over the target. Both are bugs.

"I don't get the person cult revolving around Placebo."

LOL nice sig Celery, I know what you mean *cough* brown noses *cough*.

Placebo is just a PR guys, the same as a PR guy for a potato chip company or a hair products company.

Basically they are just groupies like the tarts in pubs that follow cover bands around.

Obviously people here don't want to read suggestions, they just want to bitch. The kamov is not useless. It is possible to hit with your first missile every time from any range. Yes, the vikhr flight profile is wrong. Yes, ArmA is not a flight simulator. Yes, you need to figure out how the game works. A good way to do this is by dialogue... through the forums, for example... If you're simply here to complain, please shut up. We've heard all of your brilliant observations before, hundreds of times in dozens of threads. The only use for these threads is for you to learn a little more about the game. Without this, there is no reason for these threads to exist and you're wasting my time in particular.

Are the sim/real pilots in here talking about ArmA or what happens for real? The missiles don't spiral, they wobble up and down with a 3-5 meter diameter, enough to give some 50% or less accuracy when engaging an M113 at a reasonable range. The same thing happens with the TOW that is completely useless on land because the missile hits the ground or jumps over the target. Both are bugs.

Both work for me you must be doing something wrong dude try using the V key. KA50s alot of fun in Arma the best thing to do in the single mission is hide behind a hill and just rise slightly to lock a target. Then fire and drop back down again IRL the Vhikrs spiral due to the missile only using 1 control surface. In Arma I haven't really seen them spiral they seem to fly straight to the target which is no problem. I'd like it though if in future we could move the crosshairs in v-view as then it would be much harder to get shot down.

Obviously people here don't want to read suggestions, they just want to bitch. The kamov is not useless. It is possible to hit with your first missile every time from any range. Yes, the vikhr flight profile is wrong. Yes, ArmA is not a flight simulator. Yes, you need to figure out how the game works. A good way to do this is by dialogue... through the forums, for example... If you're simply here to complain, please shut up. We've heard all of your brilliant observations before, hundreds of times in dozens of threads. The only use for these threads is for you to learn a little more about the game. Without this, there is no reason for these threads to exist and you're wasting my time in particular.

You seem to only want to get hostile with the ones who point out things that need fixing, not workarounds. If you think that your personal time is wasted when someone creates a topic or disagrees with your suggestions, I suggest leaving this forum.

Both work for me you must be doing something wrong dude try using the V key. KA50s alot of fun in Arma the best thing to do in the single mission is hide behind a hill and just rise slightly to lock a target. Then fire and drop back down again IRL the Vhikrs spiral due to the missile only using 1 control surface. In Arma I haven't really seen them spiral they seem to fly straight to the target which is no problem. I'd like it though if in future we could move the crosshairs in v-view as then it would be much harder to get shot down.

I am aware of the scope view and unless my chopper is completely still, the accuracy is horrible instead of uncertain.

I get no problem to have a 80+% hit ration at more than 2km range with Vikhr. It looks very fine for me.

You seem to only want to get hostile with the ones who point out things that need fixing, not workarounds. If you think that your personal time is wasted when someone creates a topic or disagrees with your suggestions, I suggest leaving this forum.

Yeah, because the things that need fixing have a place for them. It's called the bug tracker. There you can even vote!

You're simplifying my post to meet your own ends, though. We've discussed this problem already in many other threads already.. that is the problem. Let's break it down.

"The missiles aren't right. I can't hit anything with them. This is a problem."

"This has been discussed already, BIS is aware of it. You can however, do such-and-such in the meantime."

"ZomgZ0rz aircraft are such an afterthought, nothing works like it should..."

"..."

See how 3 doesn't follow 2 or even 1? See how there's no content in that message at all?

Yeah, because the things that need fixing have a place for them. It's called the bug tracker. There you can even vote!

You're simplifying my post to meet your own ends, though. We've discussed this problem already in many other threads already.. that is the problem. Let's break it down.

"The missiles aren't right. I can't hit anything with them. This is a problem."

"This has been discussed already, BIS is aware of it. You can however, do such-and-such in the meantime."

"ZomgZ0rz aircraft are such an afterthought, nothing works like it should..."

"..."

See how 3 doesn't follow 2 or even 1? See how there's no content in that message at all?

That's why we have this forum, it's to bring up things that we want to discuss. If you don't want to discuss those things, nobody's forcing you to take part. You aren't a mod or admin either so you don't have to worry about keeping the forum clean and orderly.

That's why we have this forum, it's to bring up things that we want to discuss. If you don't want to discuss those things, nobody's forcing you to take part. You aren't a mod or admin either so you don't have to worry about keeping the forum clean and orderly.

Celery, you're telling me that if I have a problem with something, that I should take off- while you're telling me that you have a problem with what I am saying. You're kind of a hypocrite in that sense. At any rate, I'm free to say whatever I want within certain guidelines as everyone else is. Background noise like your posts and the ones that I was talking about before contribute nothing to either the forum or the ideas contained within them. Blabbing away off topic is bad forum etiquette, as was what I was talking about before. As that is what we are doing now, Good day.

Celery, you're telling me that if I have a problem with something, that I should take off- while you're telling me that you have a problem with what I am saying. You're kind of a hypocrite in that sense. At any rate, I'm free to say whatever I want within certain guidelines as everyone else is. Background noise like your posts and the ones that I was talking about before contribute nothing to either the forum or the ideas contained within them. Blabbing away off topic is bad forum etiquette, as was what I was talking about before. As that is what we are doing now, Good day.

I don't really get your point, but you can also direct that post to yourself. This thread is about Kamov's bad missiles and it's useless to start mouthing off those who bring out their opinion about it even if you disagree and want them to shut up.

Obviously people here don't want to read suggestions, they just want to bitch.  The kamov is not useless.  It is possible to hit with your first missile every time from any range.  Yes, the vikhr flight profile is wrong.  Yes, ArmA is not a flight simulator.  Yes, you need to figure out how the game works.  A good way to do this is by dialogue... through the forums, for example... If you're simply here to complain, please shut up.  We've heard all of your brilliant observations before, hundreds of times in dozens of threads.  The only use for these threads is for you to learn a little more about the game.  Without this, there is no reason for these threads to exist and you're wasting my time in particular.

I am aware of the scope view and unless my chopper is completely still, the accuracy is horrible instead of uncertain.

I know what your problem is now biggrin_o.gif try pressing the F key until you see Vhikrs come up. You must be firing FFARs or something or you are not locking the tgts prior to launching. Thats the only explanation I can think of as to why you are missing.