Sign in to follow this  
G_H_Play_AKA_BOSS

UK BRITISH FORCES PACK

like this pack realy nice but is there way ya can make the units have the vest that the britsh soldiers wear? like on the units that are in this pack there the regular pouchs but uk forces wear like an pouch belt in front of them with ammo. A lot of units that are being made are not puting the right equipment on there units like ammo pouchs vest just all around equipment.

that'll be due to this being a reskin of an existing model, rather than a 100% custom job

G_H_Play_AKA_BOSS: It don't close for me mate. Do I need a patch or somit mabey?

Cool smile_o.gif

Good job on wrapping up the loose ends on the pack steve. I like what you have done. Big thanks to Soul Catcher, UKF and the rest of TDMG thumbs-up.gif

Cheers buddy: i did this for the community, & as specailly for tdmg.

thanks bud,things can only get better.

like this pack realy nice but is there way ya can make the units have the vest that the britsh soldiers wear? like on the units that are in this pack there the regular pouchs but uk forces wear like an pouch belt in front of them with ammo. A lot of units that are being made are not puting the right equipment on there units like ammo pouchs vest just all around equipment.

if you can provide pictures and more information I can pass that on to someone who can do modeling. Could be possible. we shall see wink_o.gif

You can leave the info at totaldamage.org in our forums would be nice. Thanks.

Edit...

Public forum created for the UK Forces Pack on totaldamage.org

G_H_Play_AKA_BOSS: It don't close for me mate. Do I need a patch or somit mabey?

Im going to well look in to this,& see what i can be done for the next update.

Also have you tried to open the exe & right click properties & then in the target just add the @TDMG like this.

"C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA\arma.exe" nosplash -mod=@TDMG

& just arma & my addons kind of thing ,& if it works ok then there must be some in your directory thats conflicting with it,if not & you are only using Arma & just my addons, then im not sure.

I use the arma launcher method And have many mods going at one time & it works for me perfect,but i will get to the bottom of this.

Also thanks buddy for pointing this error out.

Plus as any one else on this community experiencing this type of problem ?.

Also on the british vest,do you mean like this.

britishvest.jpg

I will say that the vest could have been much better but had a dead line to keep,as it was a last minute thing And only took me a week to make & finish.

But the good thing is that, at least they are not american now which for my money do the job far better for the british soldiers lol.

And i based my vest on these.

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums....ack.jpg

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums....rit.jpg

Is that another rep. pack from willilam1 that's different then the first? If it is, what's new?

Is that another rep. pack from willilam1 that's different then the first? If it is, what's new?

Yes it is '& as far as i know some bugs were ironed out as far as the replacement is concerned.

Hey BOSS.

I have had the pack since the release, one thing I have noticed is the L22A2 does not accept magazines.

Also, is one of the jungle cammoflarge pattens a none British one? If I can remember, is it not the future The Belize Defence Force cammo?

This is the cammo I mean:

http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x84/Toffiekipper/2563496.jpg

That camo pattern was an experiment we did to see what the experimental HDC camo looked like. You are right that it is not in use in at the moment, Steve will have some more info on that one.

Im going to well look in to this,& see what i can be done for the next update.

Also have you tried to open the exe & right click  properties & then in the target just add the @TDMG like this.

"C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA\arma.exe" nosplash -mod=@TDMG

& just arma & my addons kind of thing ,& if it works ok then there must be some in your directory thats conflicting with it,if not & you are only using Arma & just my addons, then im not sure.

I use the arma launcher method And have many mods going at one time & it works for me perfect,but i will get to the bottom of this.

Also thanks buddy for pointing this error out.

Plus as any one else on this community experiencing  this type of problem ?.

Also on the british vest,do you mean like this.

britishvest.jpg

I will say that the vest could have been much better but had a dead line to keep,as it was a last minute thing And only took me a week to make & finish.

But the good thing is that, at least they are not american now which for my money do the job far better for the british soldiers lol.

And i based my vest on these.

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums....ack.jpg

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums....rit.jpg

nice vest but i mean like ammo pouch not just an vest, i got some pics for ya they call it webbing its ammo pouchs that go around the person here is the first link that explanes the webbing. http://www.army.mod.uk/equipment/pw/plce.htm this link here is what you can put on that webbing like ammo and so on http://www.military-kit.co.uk/index.p....436b8a9 here is one pic http://www.military-kit.co.uk/popup_i....436b8a9 this is what i was talking about its an chest ring with ammo pouchs on it and it goes around the person here it is http://www.military-kit.co.uk/popup_i....436b8a9

Hey BOSS.

I have had the pack since the release, one thing I have noticed is the L22A2 does not accept magazines.

Also, is one of the jungle cammoflarge pattens a none British one? If I can remember, is it not the future The Belize Defence Force cammo?

This is the cammo I mean:

http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x84/Toffiekipper/2563496.jpg

Yes absolutely "Hailo's" 100% correct as i had not seen any british digital patterns round any where,not even on goolge,but i found a pattern thats used for the european terrain , called hdc pattern in green only.

And the green version i turn it in to the desert style ,just has an experimental project to spice things up with some thing a bit differant & was just for fun .

But for me i like the desert digital one i did, cos totally made up.

The texturing to the rifles and vehicles are sweet..

I also love the training weapons as well, that fire the blank types..

Finally a great British addon

notworthy.gif

I loved some of those vids "wika_woo" pretty cool.

Plus does any one know this,

Need help:Im not completely sure of what acceptable poly counts are for arma. I've seen some that are 7k for a tank for instance but im not sure myself. If you guys could give me a basic exceptable poly count for different types of objects:

1. vehicles.

2. buildings.

3. aircraft.

4. people.

that would be great. I know they're fairly high so thats good for me but I would like to keep them at a reasonable count to help reduce lag/ lockups on servers.

In the editor, where do I find all of these units? Ive installed the installer thing, but I cant seem to find them anywhere in ArmA, Help!!!

Plus does any one know this,

Need help:Im not completely sure of what acceptable poly counts are for arma. I've seen some that are 7k for a tank for instance but im not sure myself. If you guys could give me a basic exceptable poly count for different types of objects:

1. vehicles.

2. buildings.

3. aircraft.

4. people.

that would be great. I know they're fairly high so thats good for me but I would like to keep them at a reasonable count to help reduce lag/ lockups on servers.

Have a look at some of BIS's sample models for a rough guide to max facecount, and where they're expended.

Off the top of my head, cars like the HMMWV are in the range of 7000-9000, soldier models were around 8800, tanks (i.e. BMP2) were getting on for 10,000 (probably more on MBTs) and the A-10 was like 13,000. To me, 15,000 to 20,000 seems reasonable as an absolute maximum for a vehicle, depending on its size and how many will be likely be present in any given game scenario. However, opinions on max facecount are likely to differ.

A very important factor for modeling though has always been making good LODs. It seems BIS LODs are such that they try as much as they can to half the facecount for every difference of 1000 between the resolution LODs.

also you can factor in things that are known as 'Hero Units'

essentially, these are items, objects, vehicles, etc which are a present in very few numbers, realistically, on a mission, and thus you can generally push the poly limit that little higher.

but the new limits are pretty much as da12th said. Still confused as to how the BIS hummer hits 8500 with a 50cal... its a box?

In the editor, where do I find all of these units? Ive installed the installer thing, but I cant seem to find them anywhere in ArmA, Help!!!

You will need to make a custom shortcut to your game to load the "@TDMG" mod folder, our installer did not do this for you sorry sad_o.gif

To make a shortcut, copy your existing ArmA shortcut and then add to the end of the "Target" property "-mod=@TDMG" in the propeties of the copied shortcut.

I hope this helps solve the problem wink_o.gif

For more info about "Mod Folders" please see the following link...

http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Modfolders

You will need to make a custom shortcut to your game to load the "@TDMG" mod folder, our installer did not do this for you sorry sad_o.gif

To make a shortcut, copy your existing ArmA shortcut and then add to the end of the "Target" property "-mod=@TDMG" in the propeties of the copied shortcut.

I hope this helps solve the problem wink_o.gif

For more info about "Mod Folders" please see the following link...

http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Modfolders

Hi buddy sorry about that i was in a quandry whether to or not ,as there is two different versions english european & american.

But the next update i will add the exe shortcut.

nice work but is it possible to make the AI use these custom weapons? I put in the units ini:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">

removeAllWeapons this;

this addMagazine "ukf_30rnd_556x45_blank_stanag";

this addWeapon "ukf_l86a2LSW_BFA";

they have the gun equiped but they dont fire their weapons at the enemy

thats because they 'know' that the weapon is useless in terms of being able to kill anything, so they won't bother trying to engage with it.

it was the same in OFP. The rifle was only ever made as a bonus for UK MP squads for their training regimes.

Well as for the the blank firing weapons they could be useful & could be a lot of fun , if some body made a mission that you get say thirty lives as a capture the flag type scenario, & you dont actualy die, but the game knows how many times you have been shot, then when your thirty lives are up, your out of the game untill the next round starts, & also see your thirty live at the top left of the screen to see how many lives you have left, a bit like airsoft lol.

here is a pic of what one of hour modelers did.

beret.jpg

I must say I think the harriers are great. I wanted exactly such a thing as a harrier with ffar pods. There are just two things, would love to have RAF CAS version. Not the green because it just looks "strange" somehow the grey looks better.

And how about the "perfect" version.

---[GBU]---[FLIR]---[FFAR]---+---[FFAR]---[HELLFIRE]---[GBU]---

The FLIR pod would be counterweight for the single hellfire/brimstone...

Its like multiple options to perform good CAS.

But offcourse its huh.gifhuh.gifhuh.gifhuh.gif Please! wink_o.gifrofl.gifrofl.gif

EDIT

thats because they 'know' that the weapon is useless in terms of being able to kill anything, so they won't bother trying to engage with it.

it was the same in OFP. The rifle was only ever made as a bonus for UK MP squads for their training regimes.

Well as for the the blank firing weapons they could be useful & could be a lot of fun ,

smile_o.gif It would save ALLOT lives in training aswell. rofl.gifrofl.gif

I must say I think the harriers are great. I wanted exactly such a thing as a harrier with ffar pods. There are just two things, would love to have RAF CAS version. Not the green because it just looks "strange" somehow the grey looks better.

And how about the "perfect" version.

---[GBU]---[FLIR]---[FFAR]---+---[FFAR]---[HELLFIRE]---[GBU]---

The FLIR pod would be counterweight for the single hellfire/brimstone...

Its like multiple options to perform good CAS.

But offcourse its huh.gifhuh.gifhuh.gifhuh.gif Please! wink_o.gifrofl.gifrofl.gif

EDIT

Well as for the the blank firing weapons they could be useful & could be a lot of fun ,

smile_o.gif It would save ALLOT lives in training aswell. rofl.gifrofl.gif

Ok if you would like it in grey: i can give you another skin all you will have to do is open the tdmg air pbo & just copy & paste the new skin to data file then recreate pdo if you like.

That if i still have that skin,but i will look for you,if not ill make you one lol.