Sign in to follow this  
G_H_Play_AKA_BOSS

UK BRITISH FORCES PACK

Ooo nice.. how does one use replacement packs..?

I guess they are used in a form of they are chosen instead of whatever is default when you join a game etc..

Do you have to rename them to same as what ur using as standard?

Any info appreciated, and job well done on these they look nice.. Any Uk squads out there do interesting misisons? Let me know, be nice to try out..

James. (ExP)

Great camo, need helmets! Just reskin the existiung ones for now? Not a perfect answer, but better than none?

Ooo nice.. how does one use replacement packs..?

I guess they are used in a form of they are chosen instead of whatever is default when you join a game etc..

Do you have to rename them to same as what ur using as standard?

Any info appreciated, and job well done on these they look nice.. Any Uk squads out there do interesting misisons? Let me know, be nice to try out..

James. (ExP)

Just add the replacement file of the type of camo you want to use to the UK forces mod folder. In other words, put only one of the rep. files with the pbo's of this addon but make sure you only use one of the rep. files. That will replace the default BIS unit with the UK units in game.

UK troops often go into warzones with no Helmets it depends on if their expecting artillary or if their in the jungle. In Kosovo the Parachute Regiment wore their berets instead of helmets to scare the shit out of the enemy.

UK troops often go into warzones with no Helmets it depends on if their expecting artillary or if their in the jungle. In Kosovo the Parachute Regiment wore their berets instead of helmets to scare the shit out of the enemy.

tell me you're joking?

Assault order for British infantry is:

95 trousers

1x Smock (Field jacket)

Boots

Webbing

Helmet

Weapon

Daysack (or patrol pack)

We don't go out without helmets. Any idea how easy it is to crack your head on a door frame or similar? It's not about bullets, a 7.62 will go through one. It's about general protection and keeping you effective to fight.

When you see people in berets, that is more the hearts and minds approach. Not looking hostile to friendly civilians and such, we don't go into danger areas without helmets, though.

LMFAO all my good lord what ever next hehe.

And WELL said,shit if i was in a war zone danm i would not forget my kevlar,but boonies & jungle well thats differant lol

Psychological warfare eh? why dont we stick stuka sirens to soliders heads? nener.gif

Psychological warfare eh? why dont we stick stuka sirens to soliders heads? nener.gif

They give you an awful headache biggrin_o.gif

Brilliant stuff with the replacement files thanks!

Do you think i'd get booted off servers with this mod on..is there any advantage using it?

Ok when the Paras  did Kosovo they must of removed the helmets just for the cameras but dont insult me I'm only going off what was seen on the news I've seen Uk troops plenty of times on the news patroling in warzones with no helmets. I never said Uk troops don't wear helmets, most of the time they do wear them. Was really a polite way of letting the mod maker  know not to worry too much about the helmets for now.

Brilliant stuff with the replacement files thanks!

Do you think i'd get booted off servers with this mod on..is there any advantage using it?

I just went to test this on my gaming clan server. When I started the game a a message popped up saying "DPM_replacement_pack" is downloaded content and could not be found" or something like that.

However the addon does work in actually replacing the units, its just im wondering if everyone see's this message?

Love the pack. Why is the harrier canopy open?

Well thats a first lol can you explain in more detail plz.

As when your about to take off doesn't it close?

Update: Well i have tried it out in game & yes its open,but as far as i know its all ways been like that,& also for me when taking off it closes ,so it seems ok with me.

here my first attempt of a british helmet lol.

us_soldier_equip_nohq222.jpg

But its still far from finished,as i need the soldier model to test how it fits & also have not done the textures yet.

OK people , here you have the replacements for these beautiful UK troops , you can choose between the Desert replacement and the DPM camo replacement (at the moment only soldiers replacements, not vehicles ), enjoy !

http://rapidshare.com/files....ar.html

Hi, would you be able to contact me on my website totaldamage.org?

I would like to consider using your work in future releases if that is ok, please let me know.

Thanks wink_o.gif

Good job on these.  thumbs-up.gif

Quote[/b] ]UK troops often go into warzones with no Helmets it depends on if their expecting artillary or if their in the jungle. In Kosovo the Parachute Regiment wore their berets instead of helmets to scare the shit out of the enemy.

Wow. crazy_o.gif

OK people , here you have the replacements for these beautiful UK troops , you can choose between the Desert replacement and the DPM camo replacement (at the moment only soldiers replacements, not vehicles ), enjoy !

http://rapidshare.com/files....ar.html

Hi, would you be able to contact me on my website totaldamage.org?

I would like to consider using your work in future releases if that is ok, please let me know.

Thanks wink_o.gif

Hi buddy glad to see you ,& yes its ok just use them.

And william1 big thanks for the replacement skins nice 1,& you got another tdmg team mate on here sweet.

I Felt all alone lol

Cool smile_o.gif

Good job on wrapping up the loose ends on the pack steve. I like what you have done. Big thanks to Soul Catcher, UKF and the rest of TDMG thumbs-up.gif