Sign in to follow this  
Somerville

Sahraniville Thread: UPDATED 04/09/07

sahranivillepromo.jpg

Update - 12/09/07

New version uploaded. Download the mission file from here or scroll down to get the updated mission file and all required addons.

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">Fixed: Delivery bugs. Deliveries can now be taken to all delivery points in order to make money.

Fixed: License bug. You can now buy your car license. This should mean cops' license check facility is more useful.

Those are the key fixes. Enjoy! Remember, visit the Sahraniville Bug Tracker (Link below a few posts down) to post any bugs you find.

Good morning,

I've been working for a while on this map. I've basically copied across the scripts from CrimeCity and modified them slightly (I have tried desperately to get in touch with Sean_12Gauge but alas, no joy - as far as I know he's gone AWOL and nobody has spoken to him for many years). I have spoken to other people involved in the build-up to CrimeCity, and they were happy for me to do this.

The Features

1) A variety of roles to play.

2) Addons by the community [Note: There is a readme.txt in the addon pack that I put together - I'm not claiming that these addons are my own, I'm not trying to get popularity from them, I am just putting them all in one easy place to find so that people can easily get them..)

3) Custom-skinned models by our members JasonO and Mattius.

4) A new prison.

5) Tweaked earnings' systems.

6) Join in progress!.

7) If you destroy the radio tower, the civilian markers will turn off for about 10 minutes, to simulate tracking downtime.

Any many more..

I haven't yet completely put across all the features of CrimeCity. I am looking to do this for the next update.

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">Thanks for Downloading Sahraniville!

I hope you enjoy the map. I want to point out, I only hold credit for the things I

created myself. These include:

1) The licence checking facility.

2) The roadblock facility.

3) The Join-in-Progress functionality.

The rest is credited to anybody who was involved with the creation of Sahraniville.

Credit is also duely noted to:

1) Mattius

2) JasonO

3) ACK

Mattius and JasonO are thanked for their incredibly hard work on retexturing vehicles for use

with the map. ACK is credited for being an inspiration to me in making this map, as his

Dallas SWAT units encouraged me to put this map together.

Features not yet in the map from the original Crime City include, but are not limited to:

1) The ho's features [Currently adding as of 05/09/07]

2) The armour store [Currently adding as of 05/09/07]

3) A large selection of weapons [Increasing as of 05/09/07]

Known bugs include:

1) The Donations system might still not working [This is being investigated as of 05/09/07]

2) The weapons purchasing has a problem. During early Alpha testing, users reported that

the weapons were put in the crate, but they couldn't take them out [Currently investigating]

3) The custom vehicles have gunner positions but shouldn't [Currently investigating]

Please feel free to investigate the bugs yourself, but I would very much appreciate that, if

you fix it, you email me the fixed scripts/the mission.pbo so I can see how it has been fixed.

I'm not saying this is a great map, and it's only a BETA. I hope you enjoy it.

-{GOL}-Somerville-SGT-Army

joseph.somerville@gmail.com

www.gol-clan.net

Thanks, and again, I hope you enjoy. We have a bug tracker running at this link.

You can download the pack from this link.

Edit: In my inifinite wisdom, I forgot to personally thank the Bushwars Mod for their Alouette II and allowing us to retexture it for the police. Your work is simply amazing, and we look forward to further releases from you.

And of course, the map wouldn't be complete without Sigma 6's Baracuda's. Again, we hope you do not mind us linking to the addon/hosting it as part of a 'pack' - we just wanted all addons in 1 place for people to find. If you object to this, please contact me via PM/Email, and I will remove it and put in seperate links to the addons.

Kind regards,

Somerville

great now the Crime City players from ofp can enjoy their experience's once again on arma smile_o.gif

This may be a mod, but Somerville has done all the scripting/mission editing work all by himself, and only the odd help given by myself and Mattius (Matt Rochelle).

Just to remind people playing this map. If you do spot a bug then please post it on the SahraniVille Bug Tracker. Any problems then Post on the GOL forums or PM me.

GOL Forums : http://www.gol-clan.net/forums/index.php?showforum=32

Thanks and enjoy smile_o.gif

Is this only MP? Maybe I'm missing something but I don't see anything regarding SP/MP. I don't really play MP much any more since I can only play ArmA for a few minutes at a time through out the day. Either way, I figured I'd check it out in MP for a few but nobody is ever on when got time. Oh Well

Yes, it's intended to be a multiplayer mission. I apologise for not making this clear.

You can play it SP, but it's not as fun.

Our server was running it earlier - it's a good game.

If I am not meant to post this here, please let me know and I will delete it ASAP - just in response to the previous post we are running it on The Rifles server. GOL I assume also have it on their server smile_o.gif

Very good mission, spoke to Somerville on our server earlier and he's putting a lot of work into it, I can't wait for later releases.

I don't think huge amounts of people/server owners know about this map yet, so hopefully as people realize it's now out they'll start hosting it on servers.

I'm hoping also to learn how to use the Data Transaction System to enable you to save your money every time you leave the server, but have to pay for it to be done with the money you earn in game. I dunno, just got loadsa thoughts running around my head.

@Dr_Chris

The new version has been uploaded. If you check the post, I've also put a link in for you just for the mission smile_o.gif It now has cop markers (Not sure if they're visible by all sides, but I'll check it when I get back later), and also I've tweaked the delivery's system. I'll try that later, too.

I'll set up GOL's server running it later on too if we're not doing a co-op tonight.

I don't think huge amounts of people/server owners know about this map yet, so hopefully as people realize it's now out they'll start hosting it on servers.

I'm hoping also to learn how to use the Data Transaction System to enable you to save your money every time you leave the server, but have to pay for it to be done with the money you earn in game. I dunno, just got loadsa thoughts running around my head.

Once they see its the same idea as Crime city, nogville, civil rpg etc etc. Im sure it will kick off big time, especially with the evo players rofl.gif

Speaking of delivery missions; I took the delivery job to delivery point 1, got there, and nothing happened. No monies confused_o.gif

Speaking of delivery missions; I took the delivery job to delivery point 1, got there, and nothing happened. No monies confused_o.gif

Make a note of it and any other bugs in the Bug Tracker, listed in the Original Post

I love to see CC done in ArmA. There is still some play in OFP that even nogville migth be more popular. And JIP u jsut cant overestimate how important it rly would be in this class of mission. RPG mission where the game will restarted every 20 min isnt fun so rly thx guy. notworthy.gif

Indeed. I remember the server admin would log in to some servers and claim because he was admin, the current 1:30 hour game has to be restarted.

A small booster pack, containing 1 new addon - the Sahraniville Police Department Bus/SWAT bus - has been released for the mission. You will require this to play the latest version (5.35B) of the mission. Check the first post for a link to the download.

Quote[/b] ]Just as alittle bit of a trailer -{GOL}- is making based on sahraniville of the "cops" program

207mb?! for episode 1 crazy_o.gif

Is it saved without compression? Cause it would be a good idea to do so.