Sign in to follow this  
JeRK

Resting your weapon

Because your weapon already collides with the environment to some extent, I think you should be able to rest your weapon on stuff to reduce the sway and recoil in ArmA 2. I want to fire my M240 from a ducking position without incredible recoil!

Yes, it would be lovely. Considering that Red Orchestra has it, why not ArmA 2?

Yes, it would be lovely. Considering that Red Orchestra has it, why not ArmA 2?

Exactly. It's a great feature in RO and I'm surprised that none of the OPF/ArmA games have it up to now.

AFAIK, Day Of Defeat has such feature for the MGs, when you get to a low wall or a window, you get the option to mount it, meaning the recoil is less to none.

Would be a cool feature for ArmA 2 smile_o.gif

AFAIK, Day Of Defeat has such feature for the MGs, when you get to a low wall or a window, you get the option to mount it, meaning the recoil is less to none.

In RO you can rest pretty much any weapon on anything. You can even push your weapon against walls to make it steadier.

All you have to do there is place it on a surface.

I think BIS could make the weapon resting feature by making the weapon collision detection a bit more detailed (It's a good idea no matter what) and simply adding a "resting spot" to the guns. If this touches a surface your gun is rested/mounted and you get all those benefits.

Yeah, that would be even better, so you like lean a weapons bipod on the ground when sniping and so, and the unsteady-ness from breathing is none!

Great idea, also some games like Vietcong and RS Vegas used a crouch behind cover and pop up to shoot feature which would be nice. BIS needs to seriously start adding a lot of these features if they want to be the most realistic FPS sim out there, otherwise ArmA 2 will be just another missed chance.

Great idea, also some games like Vietcong and RS Vegas used a crouch behind cover and pop up to shoot feature which would be nice. BIS needs to seriously start adding a lot of these features if they want to be the most realistic FPS sim out there, otherwise ArmA 2 will be just another missed chance.

Well, the game doing lots of the movement for you like in Rainbow Six Vegas isn't realistic either. Believe it or not, that game is actually far from realistic.

Great!!! I hope BIS will implement this, because its more realistic and a "simulation" like ARMA is called, needs realistic thing like that.

Also i think its very easy to implement by the engine-writers.

So please Marek Spanel, consider such an option!

Regards, Christian

this is mentioned multiple times as suggestion ... yet i sign to this request ...

viva weapon resting LA RedOrchestra OstFront 41-45

btw search next time smile_o.gif

Bippity bump.

You know what this would be awesome with? Fluid posture, Raven Shield style.

especially if bis implemented full usage of track-ir (6dof)

especially if bis implemented full usage of track-ir (6dof)

Also, the ability to press down a key and then change your posture around with keys and scroll rather than the mouse would be great. That way you can still aim and keep your weapon rested.

Bump again!

After playing lots of RO, I fell in love with weapon resting once again. It's so damn important in real life combat, it needs to be in ArmA II.

when you get to a low wall or a window, you get the option to mount it, meaning the recoil is less to none.

If only the dream became a reality!  icon_rolleyes.gif

I for one would enjoy shooting out of windows a lot more instead of shooting them up!