Sign in to follow this  
Rebel Man

Oxygen 2

@ Aug. 23 2007,14:33)]V Programu nastala chyba

System Windows nyni sbira informace o chybe generuji potrebne soubory.

Prosim cekejte, tato operace muze trvat trochu dele...

an error appeared in the program

System Windows now gathers informations about the error and generates needed files

Please wait , this operation can last a bit longer...

JB i also get a problem with TGA texture it doesn't seem to map it to a plane i want it to and the plane is just white without the blueprint picture :S gonna keep fiddling see if i can find a way round but if any one else has found a way round please share.

@Baddo

Thanks man for your detailed attempt to help but I don't think the Admin. issue effects me although it did big time when I used Vista. The P drive was created on my first attempt and I have placed all the tools and samples there.

I can create models- just can't get that damn External Viewer to open crazy_o.gif

Right made a small bit of progress with my problem... i've managed to map to background on one plane but others arent showing up and i don't know why not.

yes1.JPG

Does anyone else have problem loading .paa textures? I can load TGA files without problem but for some reason, .paa ones won't load  huh.gif

Funny thing is, currently mapped (for a model created in old O2) textures show up fine on the viewer, but when I try to open those textures for remapping, or try to load a new .paa, it just won't show.

This sometimes happened with old O2, too, but changing .paa type (compression type?) would fix it. In new O2 tho, I tried all .paa types and none would load.

I even tried using a stock ArmA .paa, and it still would not load into the program for mapping.

Any suggestions?

crazy_o.gif

It's become a nightmare. For the moment I think there are no easy solution to fix it. We must wait a patch...

After that I sincerely doubt about the "beta testing phase" ! I dont know what happend in Bohemia Interactive Studio right now, but it seems to be a little bit chaotic ! whistle.gif

I can easily model i've been trying it with not pictures but you cant make accurate models you need iamges in background but it just keeps failing even if i follow Klinks tutorial when i get to top view you can't see the texture ever its really annoying as i would like to start modeling a real object and no one seems to want to help out around here.

i got it working now...

the problem was the mapdisk.bat...

pointing to p:\ drive...

that(i dont know why)...

doesnt show up...

after drag and drop the mapdisk to cmd.exe and clicking

return...

it says p:\ unknown parameter...

so i open mapdisk.bat with a editor...

*subst p: "C:\Dokumente und Einstellungen\Anonymous\Eigene Dateien\ArmAWork"*

and say

*subst q: "C:\Dokumente und Einstellungen\Anonymous\Eigene Dateien\ArmAWork"*

because q is not used by any drive of me

and then in Oxygen Options

Path for Textures : Q:\

and Voila...

tatatata...

it works...

i guess you have to put all textures and the *.p3d into the

ArmAWork(Q:\wink_o.gif Folder...

buldozer2xk3.jpg

here's a pic of a unfinished polish WWII Vickers E Tank...

now i'm happy again^^...

but i got a new problem...

how do i close or minimize the buldozer window...

when im in Buldozer my mouse arrow hiding...

and the only way to go back to Desktop or oxygen is pressing

ctrl+alt+del to open the task manager...

can someone help me plzzzzz!!!

to all have a nice one

bye

Hold ALT and press TAB. You can then cycle through the programs you have open. Works for me.

i got it working now...

the problem was the mapdisk.bat...

pointing to p:\ drive...

that(i dont know why)...

doesnt show up...

after drag and drop the mapdisk to cmd.exe and clicking

return...

it says p:\ unknown parameter...

so i open mapdisk.bat with a editor...

*subst p: "C:\Dokumente und Einstellungen\Anonymous\Eigene Dateien\ArmAWork"*

and say

*subst q: "C:\Dokumente und Einstellungen\Anonymous\Eigene Dateien\ArmAWork"*

because q is not used by any drive of me

and then in Oxygen Options

Path for Textures : Q:\

and Voila...

tatatata...

it works...

i guess you have to put all textures and the *.p3d into the

ArmAWork(Q:\wink_o.gif Folder...

[/img]http://img167.imageshack.us/img167/3007/buldozerif6.jpg[/img]

here's a pic of a unfinished polish WWII Vickers E Tank...

now i'm happy again^^...

to all have a nice one

bye

maybe press alt+tab and the right click on the buldozer tray on the bottom and the select minimize ..

thanx Baddo thanx SFC.ITZHAK...

thank you so much Buddys...

by the way *.paa files work for me

you have to put them in the ArmAWork(Q:\ for me)Folder

and the Background image problem:

in Oxygen Options doubleclick

1.View background LOD

2.View bgrnd LOD in 3D Pr...

3.Show background LOD i...

that maybe helps you(hopefully)

have a nice one

Cya

SFC.ITZHAK Please don't quote images.

One thing i would like to know is where it says in the manual to choose different weather, lighting conditions etc in bulldozer, the keys to press are RWIN+X...what on earth is that?

Otherwise yes the problems some of you are having might be solved by having the models and textures directly in your O2 virtual drive (default drive P:\ ). From there it all worked fine for me.

RWIN key is the key next ALT Gr with the windows logo on it.

Edit added piccy:

win-key-medium.jpg

Should have said that was my initial impression and already tried it. Doesn't work so it might be a bug or the such.

Finally got it running, buldozer that is. Not sure if it is me (if so me sorry) BUT someone needs a slap.

For me buldozer only runs when i add "...." to my external viewer in the O2 options. For me that is:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">"G:\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA\arma.exe" -window -x=1024 -y=768 -buldozer -noland

Again not sure if i'm the only person on planet Earth who needs to add the " ", but this wasn't the case with the old o2 NOR did it was mentioned in the readme... pistols.gif .

Not sure yet if my .bat with autolaunch now, but i have a feeling this has nothing to do with the viewer root etc...

I'm starting to wonder what is the need for the sub created drive anyway. Gonna start to hate it big time if i will need to use that drive and launch it every time manually when i need to browse and modify stuff in my projects crazy_o.gif . Anybody knows if we not simply can leave that and work in the artwork folder itself.

Last q. Afaik -window is window, but howcome it still launches full screen? I tried the old 02 parameters

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">-window -x=1024 -y=768

but somehow that doesn't have effect, but nor does -window here.

Indeed very very strange, but it works icon_rolleyes.gif .

Got the window working, but only if i added a cfg path. Although it has my 1280x1024 setting it shows me a 50% view now, but again..at least in a window....

@HulkingUnicorn: Glad it helped you aswell on the way.

Regarding that error, you might want to check if you do have the path for textures correct -> P:\ (make sure you have the : and \wink_o.gif. You can always double click on the 'path for textures' and it will bring you up 'explorer' where you simply mark P drive and hit ok.

@TankCommander: regarding the windowkey. It indeed doesn't work here either. Me looking, maybe you (and i) need to check in arma itself in the keysettings and there is a buldozer key settings there aswell, but dought it if it is linked (but atm i dought nothing).

Regarding the viewer.

I hope i will somehow be able to run it bigger then 50% of 1280x1024. But i also start to wonder why it drops your cursor once 'in' buldozer' and that way you loose the only way to get out buldozer is to alt-tab. Meaning, as the old one when updating your buldozer view it get spawned to BIS default possition and since i run dual monitor i always have to drag it to my other screen. In old viewer you at least always had access to the window (blue part top) to drag it, now you can only drag it while outside buldozer. I really hope this get changed somehow (give us our cursor back at all times) or have a window position saved (sorry, PLEASE smile_o.gif ).

Anyway, for one thing i give BIS a big thumb up....icon for 3d rotation, movement and scale!!! For those who used O2 a lot and especially for modelling know what i mean wink_o.gif.

It was set to P:\ and still is. Could the viewer problem be related to the fact that I have the Sprocket edition of ArmA (The softwrap protection prevents xfire from working with it - but a BIS prog? nah, too far fetched...)

@HulkingUnicorn: and is the P drive actually created? Maybe the Sprocket edition is a thing appart but this should be tested in the team etc...so i dought it.

One thing is sure..only with the " " i'm able to launch and get it full working. Well apart from the window mode, but i'm looking. Maybe BIS and beta testers know why this happens.

PS: (Info) I'm running my tools on an external raptor through ESATA. Other info is that i have a cardreader and that sometimes screws my drive letters. Already had to rename them, but renamed them X, Y and Z now. Never had real problems before and run the old one from raptor...

The P drive is there, no problem... After updating (changing and resetting) the setting for the dlls, I can set textures normally... but the viewer still won't attach.

Nice how you don't need a .paa plugin for PS CS2 and when saving textures they automatically update within bulldozer when open. This makes editing textures very quick and easy thanx BIS! First time I edited arma textures too coz I'm too noob to try getting models into arma but now that these great tools are out it's worth learning.

One question tho is why are the specular maps in shades of blue and green? Because of this I wouldn't know how to make my own unless black and white are compatible..?

Heres also hoping that some new tutorials can come out showing the implementation of normal maps and shadows in o2 smile_o.gif

screen1eg0.jpg