Sign in to follow this  
opteryx

Visitor 3!

Visitor 3

I've been waiting so long for this, thank you thank you thank you BIS!

isnt asking a mod to change the topic and combine both topic into one be a better idea?

Hmm, a bit disappointed to see no OFP WRP import ability, I reckon it will be possible by importing into buldozer in V2, save as pew, open in V3?

I'm having frequent crashes, probably due to bad setup (placing object -> crash).

Amazing.. just.... amazing.

Now BIS, just sit back and watch your game grow.

What we need now is a complete documentation about all aspects of this wonderfull tool !

Hmm, a bit disappointed to see no OFP WRP import ability, I reckon it will be possible by importing into buldozer in V2, save as pew, open in V3?

We have though about it, however a significant part of world data (terrain textures) is so different that automated conversion is almost impossible.

We have though about it, however a significant part of world data (terrain textures) is so different that automated conversion is almost impossible.

that what i fear the most i think, and seems the same story goes with old OFP model aswell, anyway thx for clearing

Understood smile_o.gif any chance of a partial import e.g. import without terrain texture detail?

And find & replace (for veg)? wink_o.gif

But in any case, even without the import it's a great step forward. Thanks for the release.

yay.gif Finally biggrin_o.gif

I know V3 has just been released, but any chance they could have a little tutorial on how to get started?

Ive never used V3 before only wrpedit or wrptool cant remember sad_o.gif

Importing the terrain heightmap shouldn't be too hard. It's the objects that will be the unknown. I remember V2 could import objects from a wrp file, then save a pew, but only with default objects and a perfectly set up V2 config.

I see a replace object by type tool. The most interesting new feature appears to be the scripting... smile_o.gif

Are there any Photoshop plugins I can download to save as .pew ??

No, since a pew file is not just a heightmap - it is Visitor's terrain format (heightmap, objects + surface data).

No, since a pew file is not just a heightmap - it is Visitor's terrain format (heightmap, objects + surface data).

so how import a landscape ?

I used this trick to model some mars-like-enviroment for a school presentation, perhaps it works for ArmA, too.

In general, higher areas are lighter than depper areas. So I took some photos from Nasa World Wind, converted them into black-white pictures, put them together and I had a nr1 working height map.

Perhaps this could work with ArmA, too, via screenshots

Import Terrain from XYZ/picture sound likely, although I do not recognize pbl files (some kind of custom config, possibly from arcgis or landbuilder?). Opening a V2 pew seems to import it's heightmap quite nicely (V2 can import ASE). I would copy and paste this into a clean V3 terrain. Failing that XYZ is a common format, search for some conversion tools.

We dont even know if BIS want to release Landbuilder for the community... I hope so... The work would be so easy with that kind of tool.

Any info on the link with GIS tools like ArcGis huh.gif

Only thing thats missing is the Linux server files, hope they release those too really soon

Import Terrain from XYZ/picture sound likely, although I do not recognize pbl files (some kind of custom config, possibly from arcgis or landbuilder?). Opening a V2 pew seems to import it's heightmap quite nicely (V2 can import ASE). I would copy and paste this into a clean V3 terrain. Failing that XYZ is a common format, search for some conversion tools.

Can you point me to what I need for importing a height map from Wilbur or Photoshop?

i just found that microdem can convert DTED to XYZ.