Sign in to follow this  
CzingerX

Delivery Boy

All my single player missions are done, except one. Delivery Boy. The mission starts, I run to the truck and head towards the troops I need to pick up. They NEVER jump into the truck. I tried all different routes going in, and parking all over the base with no luck. Does this mission work for anyone else? Thanks.

Guest Ti0n3r

I get the same error as you crazy_o.gif

I've only attempted this mission once... it's pretty lame. However, the squad did board my truck. I failed it because I took too long getting back. I was busy watching the Humvees ahead of me trying to navigate the road. It gave me a jolly laugh.

Back in 1.02, it worked fine for me, i recently went to play it again on 1.08 and they just refused to get in the truck no matter what... so i got out and shot them all in the face.

I've only attempted this mission once... it's pretty lame. However, the squad did board my truck. I failed it because I took too long getting back. I was busy watching the Humvees ahead of me trying to navigate the road. It gave me a jolly laugh.

Hmm. Where exactly did you park at? I'm willing to try anything.

I parked right next to Bravo squad. I just replayed the mission and finished it to test it out. Worked fine.

But I think I've worked out your problem. Don't run to the truck straight away. If you are already in the truck and on your way, the first objective comes up as completed but the waypoint does not change. Hang around the base, defending it if you have to, until the first objective is completed. If you have waypoints visible it will change from the MGs at the front line to the truck. You can now hop in the truck and drive to Bravo and they should get in.

I've played this, if you stick to the road all the time it's faster than cutting across the fields. I just rolled up next to the guys and they hopped in so I don't know why yours won't do it?

Okay. I'll try it soon. I was thinking about that. At first it say's wait, but I always jump straight into the truck. I'll reply within the next day or two with results. Thanks.

I just tried again... the troops got into the truck, then i backed up, and somehow got stuck on a flagpole i wasn't even touching, then i turn my wheels left, and this pole appears in the middle of nowhere, COOL.

Check it.

http://img201.imageshack.us/img201/9587/wtfarmaog5.jpg

Oh, and this was after their officer got stuck on the front of my truck, then i reversed and he was stuck trying to walk on the spot, so i had to get out and shoot him in the face. sad_o.gif

Yeah I know smile_o.gif

This has to be the worst mission I have played of the official ArmA missions.

I played it many times and everytime it failed. The mission failed, not me. At first the objectives of course went wrong, so did the waypoints. And I certainly don't take the blame for that. After some more tries I got the squad into my truck but really, it was impossible to make it back in time. And there really wasn't any way to drive the truck on the road any faster than I did. I was looking for shortcuts too but there really wasn't good spots to win time by going shortcuts. With a clean, fast drive to the squad, and right away fast as possible back, I was no where near finishing the mission when the time ran out.

I came to a conclusion that I will never play this mission again.

One thing is clear after playing this mission. Putting waypoints for a player unit must be done extremely carefully by the mission designer, or the result is missions like this. I'd rather not put waypoints for player units at all.

Yeah I know smile_o.gif

This has to be the worst mission I have played of the official ArmA missions.

I played it many times and everytime it failed. The mission failed, not me. At first the objectives of course went wrong, so did the waypoints. And I certainly don't take the blame for that. After some more tries I got the squad into my truck but really, it was impossible to make it back in time. And there really wasn't any way to drive the truck on the road any faster than I did. I was looking for shortcuts too but there really wasn't good spots to win time by going shortcuts. With a clean, fast drive to the squad, and right away fast as possible back, I was no where near finishing the mission when the time ran out.

I came to a conclusion that I will never play this mission again.

One thing is clear after playing this mission. Putting waypoints for a player unit must be done extremely carefully by the mission designer, or the result is missions like this. I'd rather not put waypoints for player units at all.

I have the 505 version and find if you get in the truck as soon as told, drive straight to the base using the roads and your map wink_o.gif you have plenty of time to return ... perhaps you should give it another go smile_o.gif

I have the 505 version and find if you get in the truck as soon as told, drive straight to the base using the roads and your map  wink_o.gif you have plenty of time to return ... perhaps you should give it another go  smile_o.gif

Well that is exactly what I did many times (after the first attempt in which the waypoints and objectives ticked off in wrong order, making sure the mission was impossible to complete, and I say again I don't take the blame for it), but no success and it annoyed the hell out of me as I saw no way I could have done it any faster. This was with the initial 505 release.

I'm not sure if my nerves are ready for one more try yet...

Maybe some medication is needed in order to ensure I don't break anything valuable if the mission yet again fails.

biggrin_o.gif

I parked right next to Bravo squad. I just replayed the mission and finished it to test it out. Worked fine.

But I think I've worked out your problem. Don't run to the truck straight away. If you are already in the truck and on your way, the first objective comes up as completed but the waypoint does not change. Hang around the base, defending it if you have to, until the first objective is completed. If you have waypoints visible it will change from the MGs at the front line to the truck. You can now hop in the truck and drive to Bravo and they should get in.

Thank you Longjocks.  I had to wait and defend the position from the enemy, then I had to go to the truck.  I just ran straight to the truck before.  Mission complete.   smile_o.gif  pistols.gif

This has to be the poorest lamest ArmA mission ever. If any of the community put out a piece of crap like this they would get a drubbing, and deservedly so. That it's an "official" BIS mission just makes me shake my head.

I knew there was a reason I stayed away from default missions smile_o.gif

This has to be the poorest lamest ArmA mission ever. If any of the community put out a piece of crap like this they would get a drubbing, and deservedly so. That it's an "official" BIS mission just makes me shake my head.

lol... i didn't think it was THAT horrible.

yea it did kind of sucked... but it's good practice for people that kind of suck at driving 5tons.

rather have the mission then not have it at all biggrin_o.gif

Very odd. Works for me. What version of the game you running? I'm patched to 1.08 and it all works fine.

Yeah dude, it isn't THAT bad. wink_o.gif

Maybe it's easier for those of us that drive on the "right" side of the road. biggrin_o.gif

Anyway, to get all the guys in the 5 ton, notice the "Horn" signal in the top left. I've found that honking the horn will get guys - especially the last guy - to get into the truck.

Edit: BTW, this is just friendly joking with Monsieur Markwick. smile_o.gif