Sign in to follow this  
mandoble

Mando Gun ArmA

Dont look for any addon, this is a set of scripts used with any existing vehicle or thing and firing any existing ammo (or even vehicles)

Shilkas and Vulcans not being effective against jets? Reacting only when enemy is already over your forces? Not any more wink_o.gif

Here is the complement for Mando Missiles to achieve a complete air defense system biggrin_o.gif

Mando Gun is a set of scripts that allows you to attach to any AI unit and weapon a custom gun. This way you may have, for example, Vulcans able to engange and shotdown Flankers flying at 800 km/h and 5Km away.

You may configure, between others, available number of salvos, horizontal and vertical dispersion, arc ahead of the unit where enemies may be detected and enganged, minimun knowledge about the enemy unit to engange it, muzzle velocity, salvos per minute, time needed to aim the gun, number of rounds per salvo, minimum and maximun range, types of enemies that will be enganged, enemy sides.

Mando Gun is fully compatible with Mando Missile. Guns may target incoming missiles, guns locking on air units will trigger a lock on alarm if the player is in the air target. Active Guns will be seen by antiradar missiles as potential targets.

Mando Gun units will reload themselves automatically if they are close to ammo trucks.

Mando Gun is also fully MP compatible.

<span style='color:blue'>Mando Gun ArmA v1.2</span>

<span style='color:blue'>Mando Gun ArmA v1.2 at OFPEC</span>

Included demo missions for the editor in v1.2:

mando_gun1_v1_2.Intro: Comparison between ArmA Vulcan and ArmA Vulcan with Mando Gun.

mando_gun2_v1_2.Intro: Static defensive positions with Mando Guns against several advancing squads.

mando_gun3_v1_2.Intro: Mando Gun and Mando Missile working together against enemy air units.

mando_gun4_v1_2.Intro: Static defensive positions with Mando Guns against your forces.

mando_gun5_v1_2.Sara: CIWS Phalanx antimissile system. Mando Gun armed Vulcans intercepting incoming missiles.

mando_gun_igor_sound.sara: Very long range deadly snipers and MG fire against your forces, by Igor Drukov.

List of changes in 1.2

- Added muzzle velocity, number of rounds per salvo, time needed to aim and shot sound resource as arguments for the script.

- Fixed shot FX for MP.

- Added bullets smoke trails.

- Included four new demo missions, one of them showing the guns intercepting incoming missiles.

List of changes in 1.1

- Automatic guns may attack infantry now.

- Automatic guns weapons now align correctly with the rounds trajectory.

- Added smoke and tracer effects (MP compatible).

- Included two demo missions for the editor: Vulcans against eneny choppers and flankers and static machine gun defensive positions against enemy infantry assault.

- Added more parameters to mando_gunattacker.sqf.

SWEET! Thanks Mando, you kick ass! Ill try it now.

I always love your addons (Even though I never figured out how to add your missles to my missions cu im a bit of a noob and I couldnt find any simple tuts tounge2.gif )

Thanks Mandoble, i do like your work, good job smile_o.gif

I have a question if i may.

Can the same script system work for infantry units to create a larger and more aggressive firefight?

This could implement fixed positions and Heavy Mg's, giving the player the feeling of being pinned down by indirect fire, rather than opting for the very accurate and unrealistic AI accuracy rate.

Can the same script system work for infantry units to create a larger and more aggressive firefight?

Yes, with a slightly modified script. Current one is quite effective and infantry units would not survive even the first salvo at very long distances. Actually the rounds are explosive with similar power to a hand grenade.

With this AAGun the pilots are more afraid of flying to unknown/hostile area!! smile_o.gif

...seems that your script is too fast for turret movement - gun and firing line have different "sightings".

How do you "try" this stuff out. Do you have to make missions with the units in the mission?

v1.1 ready to download, check list of changes in first post.

Smiley_Nick, now that script works also against infantry, you may set the horizontal and vertical dispersion to create the desired fire type. Fixed defensive positions demo mission also included wink_o.gif

NoRailgunnerm, aligning problem solved in v1.1, thanks for the advice.

Mac8484, you may use any unit or vehicle as automatic gun and you may fire any ammo type. All these are configurable through script paramters. Note that this is a set of script suitable to be used with any addon, but it is not an addon itself.

v1.1 ready to download, check list of changes in first post.

Smiley_Nick, now that script works also against infantry, you may set the horizontal and vertical dispersion to create the desired fire type. Fixed defensive positions demo mission also included wink_o.gif

NoRailgunnerm, aligning problem solved in v1.1, thanks for the advice.

Mac8484, you may use any unit or vehicle as automatic gun and you may fire any ammo type. All these are configurable through script paramters. Note that this is a set of script suitable to be used with any addon, but it is not an addon itself.

Wow i wasn't expecting that Mandoble

Thanks, this will make missions a lot more realistic yay.gif

This aligning problem i get is when planes flyin at low level flight and then after targeting+shooting at those aircrafts turrets don't move anymore.

Nice mission with machineguns - now AI is waiting for smoke cover that makes the AI opponent "blind" smile_o.gif

i like how the aa is much more effective and that the ranges of mgs have been properly ranged but is it just me or is the effectiveness of the guns way to high? probably has to do with the grenade effect thing hmm i was wondering if somehow you could change the script so that ai accuracy increases after salvos since irl you generally fire straight on then watch where your bullets hit and adjust that would definitely add realism and decrease the effectiveness of the guns

manberries, what you can actually do to decrease the effectiveness is to control the horizontal and vertical dispersion of the gun. This is a parameter of the script in the form [hor. disperion, vert. dispersion] in degrees. You may also set to false the detonation parameter, so the bullets will not explode. And, of course, you may also select a different an less lethal kind of ammo.

This is the full list of available ammo classes in ArmA. You may use any of them for the gun.

Brilliant again, thank you very much Mandoble!

Just a suggestion though: make the number of bullets per salvo adjustable too. If I'm not mistaken, the value is currently 17 (line 457 of mando_gunattacker.sqf).

I changed it myself, and I can now have super snipers shooting from 2000m+... Thank you thank you mate!

manberries, what you can actually do to decrease the effectiveness is to control the horizontal and vertical dispersion of the gun. This is a parameter of the script in the form [hor. disperion, vert. dispersion] in degrees. You may also set to false the detonation parameter, so the bullets will not explode. And, of course, you may also select a different an less lethal kind of ammo.

This is the full list of available ammo classes in ArmA. You may use any of them for the gun.

ahh i see thx i was just going off your demo missions so didnt know

Hey Igor,

I did put salvos of 17 just because this number matches the sound duration I use for the gun tounge2.gif

Expect a new version with two new parameters, sound resource and number of shots per salvo.

I did also change the current sound this way:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">

class mando_gun

{

name = "mando_gun";

sound[] = {"mando_gun.ogg", db+50, 1.0};

titles[] = {0};

};

So it is clearly audible when the players are in the receiving side tounge2.gif

Mando Gun ArmA v1.2 available at first post. Check there the list of changes and demo missions added.

Great set of scripts, love them. notworthy.gif

However I've ran into a small problem, the knows about levels are kind of odd.

2,3 and 4 only have the guns to fire when your basically on top. Level 1 is okay but they only fire at you once you have opened fire on them or are close up. And 0 is ideal as they open up at long ranges.

However for the mission I am doing I could do with something in between 1 and 0 so they open up at long ranges but only open fire once they detect you as an eemy target.

Is it possible to do this some how?

You might try 0.01 which means the enemy will open fire on you as soon as they see you. Problem with knowsabout levels is that they usually will see you (and knowsabout will increase a bit) at close range, they simply dont scan at long ranges. The other way to force them to "see" you is, effectively, to fire at them. Of course, you may try to increase the skill level of the gunners.

Thanks, its still not 100% as I would like it but its much better. BIS really need to upgrade the knowsabout command. biggrin_o.gif

Anyway thanks alot.

Mando

Have you thought about doing a Mando Artillery addon. Something where you can tie in long range arty fire to the LRM119 with plotting, Smoke, affects, the works. Would be way cool.