Sign in to follow this  
snake22000

XAM 1.3 Released

It does not seem to be showing up? All I get is the usual engine on, Eject, get out ....ect?

ok i tried to install it but it didnt work its says something that t cant install the "unistall" im running it on vista and i tried the solution that the guy said on the armaholic forums and it didnt work plz help

I red somewhere that you could carry vehicles with uh60, is that still possible?

Yes- with the "transport chopper' found in the editor.

I red somewhere that you could carry vehicles with uh60, is that still possible?

Yes- with the "transport chopper' found in the editor.

ok, how do I pick up the vehicle?

ok i tried to install it but it didnt work its says something that t cant install the "unistall" im running it on vista and i tried the solution that the guy said on the armaholic forums and it didnt work plz help

Looks like we don't get to use XAm mate. sad_o.gif

Maybe dumb question, but what does XAM stand for? whistle.gif

Best regards, Claymore.

its stands for xtreme arma or something like that and banghead.gif i dont get to play xam mad_o.gifhuh.gif

if anyone knows how to fix plz reply help.gif

Is it possible to split this download into, let's say 4 or 5 files, would be better for downloading, is way to big to download for some people in one time!

Best regards, Claymore.

eXtreme Arma Mod. wink_o.gif

hahah actually when you start the game and you have the menu presented to you it says:

eXtrem Arma Mod

Hahahahaaa they forgot the E in extreme biggrin_o.gif

EDIT- I re-read some of the posts, and before, I assumed some of you had the same problem as I had. When I tried installing XAM, the installer wouldn't show. Sorry if this doesn't solve your problem.

For those having problems with Vista, either be really patient, or turn off User Account Control.

It should be located somewhere in the accounts, or priledges section of the control panel.

Is it possible to split this download into, let's say 4 or 5 files, would be better for downloading, is way to big to download for some people in one time!

Best regards, Claymore.

I would actually like to see the Addon split into several small addons, which the player can pick which ones to activate.

Such as, A XAM Artillery Addon, a XAM uniform Addon, XAM sound addon, XAM mines addon, etc. It could all go in one mod folder, but then players could pick and choose what parts they wanted to activate.

i really want xam to install in my computer cuz if not im wasting 1.5 gb of hhd (hard drive)

since trying to install i've noticed a change in the NV goggles.

It's way too dark. I put them on and get the bright flash, then it dies down to the normal brightness, but then gradually getts dimmer!

It may have nothing to do with XAM, but it's a hell of a cooincident. wow_o.gif

hey for all you guys having problems with vista i think i have a solution.

i installed the mod to a random empty folder, and for some reason the installation worked. i then just copied the xam folder to my arma directory and so far everything is working fine. Could someoone running vista with the installer problem please try this as well and post the result in here

hi we recently installed the XAM MOD on our server and it caused alot of problems,

after testing it out of multiplayer, we have had some almighty problems with it,

here is a link to our site which will tell you the problems we got

http://www.kellys-heroes.eu/forum/viewtopic.php?t=649

well ur post doesnt say anything, sorry, post the server log file pls, i dont believe that its a XAM problem, be careful with such statements wihtout proving them.

hey for all you guys having problems with vista i think i have a solution.

i installed the mod to a random empty folder, and for some reason the installation worked. i then just copied the xam folder to my arma directory and so far everything is working fine. Could someoone running vista with the installer problem please try this as well and post the result in here

ok, i'll give it a try

I'll let you know.

=- @ Aug. 03 2007,17:08)]
hi we recently installed the XAM MOD on our server and it caused alot of problems,

after testing it out of multiplayer, we have had some almighty problems with it,

here is a link to our site which will tell you the problems we got

http://www.kellys-heroes.eu/forum/viewtopic.php?t=649

well ur post doesnt say anything, sorry, post the server log file pls, i dont believe that its a XAM problem, be careful with such statements wihtout proving them.

There are a number of problems with XAM. I'll go through a few of them we found whilst playing on the dedicated. Playing on a user made map with the server running 1.08 with the mod enabled server side. No XAM addons/non BI weapons/vehicles etc anywhere in the mission files.

You can no longer put stock BI weapons and ammo (they end up on the floor around the crate) back into stock BI ammo crates while the server uses the XAM mod server side. Hence messing up every single user created mission ammo crates played on the server.

Clients that have the mod can place a claymore with stock BI infantry, whereas clients without the mod of course cant even see the placed claymore (since they dont have the textures etc, anything regarding the new weapons).

No name tags for players in mutiplayer, so you cant tell who the bloke is thats standing next to you. Nor can you tell who's flying/driving a vehicle by looking. Very, very inconvenient for admins amongst other things. Probably by design, but it subtracts from the gameplay greatly. Even if its in the name of realism.

Error msg's for "claymore's"/"bondmines"/"Telemeter" not found appear for people that don't have the mod running/installed when playing on any map on the server. (Ie even a stock BI map). I'm assuming you've done something to ammo crates to include these new weapons in them by default.

Two people (one running the mod and one not) will have different rates of fire with the M2 mounted on a HMV. Theres probably other examples but thats one i specifically found and tested by me (without the mod) and someone else (with the mod enabled) shooting at the same time, i finished first.

So consistency is an issue right the way though the mod. From sounds and textures right through to game mechanics. Almost certainly effecting any pvp maps (mod on vs's mod off players) adversely. The only way around this is for everyone be required to use XAM, and quite frankly if were not going to put addons on the server were not going to require people to download 1.7gb's in order to join any multiplayer game on the server.

Huge lag spikes throughout testing (24hr period), no idea whats causing this but if a 100mbit dedicated cant handle it with 10 people on, god knows what you've done. If you're mod is eating up more cpu time server side i'd suggest you look into that.

One last thing (probably done by design) is that UH60's have a lot less health, one or two shots from a shilka will instantly destroy it. Not great for large coops on multiplayer especially since many maps the blackhawk is the only form of transportation/quick means of crossing vast distances. We have enough problems with inexperienced pilots flying on the pubic server, so as to reduce its health/increase damage done by shilka's/ other AA is not only impractical its a game stopper in some cases.

There are also qualms about the stability of the game server with the mod enabled. It having crashed a number of times in a 24hr period when the mod was enabled. With it having been stable beforehand. I'm not in a position to provide any more detailed server side info about this unfortunately.

If we had more time chances are we would've picked up on more things that need attention. Bit of attitude in the post, sorry but it was quite a frustrating experience for a number of people. I'm sure a lot of work has been put into this but personally, in its current state, the mod is best limited solely to singleplayer.

Kelly's Heroes.

NEW XAM v1.3 Server up In USA

XAM V1.3 Server lots of great maps no evo! sorey i hate evo

Name=@-=XAM v1.3 USA 100MBit=-@

Ip=72.55.153.123port=2302

Vote Threshold = 15%

welcome.gif

If you would like to be a admin on the server join server & you will get a Ts and fourms info or to add maps ty

Quote[/b] ]Status: Connected with xam.armedassault.fr. Waiting for welcome message...

Response: 220---------- Welcome to Pure-FTPd [TLS] ----------

Response: 220-You are user number 1 of 50 allowed.

Response: 220-Local time is now 00:06. Server port: 21.

Response: 220-This is a private system - No anonymous login

Response: 220-IPv6 connections are also welcome on this server.

Response: 220 You will be disconnected after 15 minutes of inactivity.

Command: USER XAM

Response: 331 User XAM OK. Password required

Command: PASS

Response: 530 Login authentication failed

we can't download file...