biggrin_o.gif

i have a update the navy pack

download in the first post

Thanks for your great update.

Very good work!  wink_o.gif

I am downloading  smile_o.gif

@eddyD

I think for the Navy MH60 Seahawk Beta Replacement Pack by

Kenbow is only going with the first Pack ?

replace the old one with the new pbo

I just completed a replacement pack addon for the "black" Army Blackhawks.  You can download here... http://files.filefront.com/EDDIE+B....fo.html

Are you talking about EMSI's blackhawks?

huh.gif

If so it would be better/clearer to post it in the correct topic IMHO.

I just completed a replacement pack addon for the "black" Army Blackhawks.  You can download here... http://files.filefront.com/EDDIE+B....fo.html

Are you talking about EMSI's blackhawks?

huh.gif

If so it would be better/clearer to post it in the correct topic IMHO.

I am refering to the new Blackhawk available with EddieD's new Airpack Addon v1.2 (4 helicopters total:  see edited first post) .  Sorry for any confusion.  This replacement pack is for EddyD's blackhawk from his Airpack 1.2 from the first post (which has been edited) in this thread. This replacement pack has nothing to do with EMSI's Addon. Again, sorry for the confusion. I realize my first post was alittle vague.

EddyD - these are incredible mate - I do all my insertions with these choppers now!

Are you considering any more versions? I know painters with talent hate requests, but are you considering an RACS version? (either Navy OR Army?)

Thanks mate - I love them! biggrin_o.gif

Stew

thx guys

im working a united nation UH-60 blackhawk

UN_uh60.jpg

UN_uh60_1.jpg

UN_uh60_2.jpg

or remove the UN and make a snow UH-60 skin ?

What you think guys ?

Both?

Should be a simple task to just take away the UN and make a seperate texture.

Looking good anyway you do it! smile_o.gif

My vote would be for a UN version - only becuase I don't have a snow map or soldiers! (yet!wink_o.gif And would be good for peacekeeping/making missions...

Again, I'm blown away mate - please keep 'em coming wink_o.gif  

Sheer brilliance!

Stew

Hi, that UN UH-60 looks great Eddy, but the UH1-N's that i seen with

UN markings, had the UN in big in the side doors, and the complete

"united nations" text in the tail, instead prey Marines. Let's C ya

Again, I'm blown away mate - please keep 'em coming wink_o.gif  

Definatly, really very nice work notworthy.gif

Nice chopper! Really great! notworthy.gif

But before releasing someone should make some really good UN-troops... i know there are already some but they are just too blue and too "tidy"... a UN-Pack would be really cool...with some M113s and Strykers all painted in UN-colour..

We have a lot of UH-60 reskins in the last time smile_o.gif

Ok...one thing I'm wondering.... I've seen a few custom made models imported from OFP that addon makers were able to get working in ArmA without the new tools (like the RHS Hind).

Wouldn't it be possible to get permission from the addon maker who made the OFP SH-60 or the MH-53 to import it into ArmA?

One thing that is seriously pissing me off is how addon makers in ArmA who have successfully converted stuff into ArmA, are keeping it all hush-hush on how they did it.  There are very few tutorials out there for converting stuff into ArmA and the addon maker community seems not to want to share with each other their tricks and stuff.   I find that is a bit sad.

I miss the ol' days of OFP addon making where people like Footmunch, Trenchfeet, Remo, Col. Klink, etc...  were all super about sharing their knowledge with budding addon makers.  

At any rate, I hope you guys figure out how to import more heli models.  I'm not complaining about this retexture.  Its absolutely superb.  However I would kill for a nice MH-60 with refueling probe on it (just makes it look meaner looking) or a big MH-53 Super Sea Stallion like the last one that was released in OFP.  I just saw a squadron of these last week flying low over my house and it just gave chills seeing those huge war machines thundering over head.   I could only imagine how they would look like in ArmA with the more realistic flight dynamics of the helicopters and with some good bass frequency-heavy engine-rotor sounds.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

However I would kill for a nice MH-60 with refueling probe on it (just makes it look meaner looking)

smile_o.gif

wipman look here

they have blackhawk too smile_o.gif

DF-ST-96-00452.jpg

DF-ST-96-00448.jpg

One thing that is seriously pissing me off is how addon makers in ArmA who have successfully converted stuff into ArmA, are keeping it all hush-hush on how they did it.  There are very few tutorials out there for converting stuff into ArmA and the addon maker community seems not to want to share with each other their tricks and stuff.   I find that is a bit sad.

the secret is there is no secret. All that needs to be done is a renaming of the selections, and you can find the correct names from any released chopper addon (Arma can only use the editable MLOD format). The config work is the same if not easier than ofp and converting the textures to Arma's format is easy. Stuff like shadows and specular\normal maps are well documented elsewhere, so there shouldn't be anything holding anyone back really. Theres only one thing holding back conversions, and thats the fact that most ofp models aren't up to the standard of Arma's stock models. Even BAS refuses to release any of thier ofp stuff for Arma because it isn't up to the new level of detail. Nothing against any modders, its just that BIS really kicked up the quality on their visuals. Also, most old addons use multiple textures, in some cases 50 or more, and Arma/ new hardware runs better with large single textures. Ofp runs slower than Arma on my comp because of the difference. Well just something to think about.

Ah, I see. Thanks for clearing that up.

Well... aside from the texture issue, I think there are plenty of great OFP addons that I think would look great in ArmA such as the massive Mi-26 cargo helicopter addon and DKM's Havoc Mi-28 Havoc gunship. There's also a desperate need for a C130 conversion (from one of the better C130 models) and maybe footmunch's great An-72 Coaler cargo plane. While not super high-res high poly addons, I personally would settle for something that looks decent and works rather then nothing at all as long as people get permisson from the original addon makers to transfer the addons.

If its pretty easy to do I'm surprised there aren't more conversions. I guess everyone's just waiting for the ArmA tools? I hope that's the reason.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

ahh guys has anyone else hosted this mod as i cant seem to download it from the provided link. sad_o.gif