Sign in to follow this  
Shadow NX

Russian Federation Units V.1

Oh yeah... will you make one where the sounds work with chammy's sound mod?

Quote[/b] ]- The 'tracers' your weapons use supress the very cool looking 6th Sense tracers sad_o.gif

I think 6th sense made the best tracers around, they are better than mine in my opinion.

An that´s exactly the reason why i want´em back biggrin_o.gif

i think it's possible to implement SIX tracers without making it necessary to use that addon. i think it's mentioned in the readme. it'd be only a few lines in the config.

i modified my ska jam for the mercs accordingly, however i haven't tried yet what happens if i don't load SIX tracers.

you're working with pandaPL anyway, i thin he should know more about it.

that's by the way my biggest suggestion for improvement, adding six tracers for your russians and the mercs.

also to the people releasing the replacements, consider replacing BLUEFOR side with the russians. US fighting Russia is pretty unrealistic, and there are hardly any missions out there where we can play OPFOR side.

ps.: didn't have a chance to actually try it (where's my bloody memory stick...) but it looks excellent. and from what i expect after the extraordinary RACS i'm pretty sure it's not just eye candy but solid work.

Dude I cant get over these!

They're are no doubt, the best weapon pack ive used so far!

Its so AWESOME how the action opens then the bullet ejects(realism).

it rocks my sox!

....=P

Great work

pistols.gifnener.gif

Is anyone having problems with the replacement pack in multi-player?  I noticed the config of the replacement pack gives the SLA units the RHS weapons in addition to changing their appearance.  Will this cause problems in MP on a server that does not have the addon?

@williams1:

Can you do a replacement pack for the especas soldiers (Marine and VDV) also? They are left out and if you play a mission that uses them, you see the SLA especas and then the VDV/Marine infantry.

for the spec ops, better to wait until version 2 that will include them ,i think

smile_o.gif

for the spec ops, better to wait until version 2 that will include them ,i think  

smile_o.gif

What about my multi-player question? Has the replacment pack been tested for online games with those RHS weapons built into the config?

smile_o.gif

What about my multi-player question? Has the replacment pack been tested for online games with those RHS weapons built into the config?

I tried them out and I got kicked from a server that you get started out with the weapons, but i joined a berzerk and it was fine cause your get to pick your weapon before you start.

Regards

Yeah well i guess before the MP game better deactivate the replacement as it will cause probs, best is using a extra modfolder for it.

Quote[/b] ]Yeah well i guess before the MP game better deactivate the replacement as it will cause probs, best is using a extra modfolder for it.

Or, find a server that hosts our work biggrin_o.gif

btw, some mission makers offered to make some nice missions for us, we'll post them here for we all to play with them wink_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]Yeah well i guess before the MP game better deactivate the replacement as it will cause probs, best is using a extra modfolder for it.

Or, find a server that hosts our work  biggrin_o.gif

btw, some mission makers offered to make some nice missions for us, we'll post them here for we all to play with them  wink_o.gif

Skaven,

Do you mind if I make a Replacement Pack that is compatiable with MP? It may mean that you (or I) would have to alter your Addon file to a "RHS_Marines_BISweapons" Addon, and then have the replacement pack take from that.

So, before I begin, what do you think about that? I will still show you final product to ensure it has your approval, before anything is public.

much easier than that , open the replacement configs i made and delete de entries for weapons and magazines for each unit, and the required addons rhs_mag and rhs_wep ,and that's it smile_o.gif

What ever happened to the Russian Federation Vehicles mod? I remember seeing a post about it a while ago and about someone taking over it and nothing since then. Has the Russian Federation Units mod team taken over that project?

Ok, here it is... MP friendly replacement pack:

http://hosted.filefront.com/Kenbow2000/

RHS_Russian_Unit_Replace.rar will give you 4 replacement files (will work in multiplayer: soliders replacements will have default BIS weapons)

1) RHS_VDV_INF_REPLACE: changes OPFOR SLA infantry to RHS VDV soldiers.

2) RHS_MARINE_INF_REPLACE: changes OPFOR SLA infantry to RHS Marine soldiers.

3) RHS_VDV_ESPECAS_REPLACE: changes SLA especas units to RHS VDV soldiers.

4) RHS_MARINE_ESPECAS REPLACE: changes SLA espacas units to RHS Marine soldiers.

NOTE: You should only use one INF replacement (either VDV or Marine) and one ESPECAS replacment (either VDV or Marine) at a time, but one of each (INF and ESPECAS) can be used together.

These replacement packs changed the default SLA soldiers to the RHS Russian soldiers while keeping the BIS weapons. Therefore, it is compatible in multiplayer servers.

Model changes arent possible ( well thats wrong but it would be very hard to hack a bis model and reconfigure ) so all we could do is reskin the boots, dunno though if thats too important.

Anyway, must talk to Skaven but i guess we can release the KLMK guys as some project between V.1 and V.2

And the vehicles, well most probably V.2

Thank u @Shadow!!!!!!! xmas_o.gif

And of course i mean to reskin the boots and post it here with the V.1 or V.2 that would be awesome.

-And again for me are this reskins and the weapons the best

reskins 100000000/10!! crazy_o.gif

Your: welcome.gif guys

Quote[/b] ]Anyway, must talk to Skaven but i guess we can release the KLMK guys as some project between V.1 and V.2

Is it just me or that cammo isn't used anymore? The new version is different in tone I think.

Making earlier and late Marines may not be a good idea  confused_o.gif

On the other hand we already have the weapons released for early Marines  biggrin_o.gif So we just need to release the soldiers alone (7Mbytes zipped).

You tell me, if you want to release them send me the textures and I'll take care of it  wink_o.gif

These guys i made are coldwar era ( mid 80s ) soviet marines in KLMK coverall, they are more or less a lil bonbon for the people that loved the OFP units look.

What skaven means could be KZS ( came out bit after KLMK and was usually rough pattern and in two pieces ) and the newer suits that use a similar design that are called Sumrak made by SPOSN atm afaik.

Sumrak selling shop

Yes that's exactely what i ment smile_o.gif

About the GRU, besides the cammo you made already, maybe we can make a second team using M21 Les cammo? A team equiped with silenced weapons or something, what do you think?