Sign in to follow this  
Shadow NX

Russian Federation Units V.1

Quote[/b] ]oh, i totaly forgott...will the PSO range finder be fixed and set to 1.7m as "measurement unit"(or better said IS it fixed since v1.0 is out allready!?).

BIS ones is totaly rubish set to 1.5m and 0.5m !?

unbelivable....

Some of this weapons like the PSO-1 are made to replace BIS weapons so I used exactely the same zoom scale to avoid any uneccesary changes (or advantages), however that is something that can easily be introduced... I'll think about it, again ty smile_o.gif

If i may add my mustard:

M in AK-74M only stands for Modernized like long ago the AKM was a modernized AK-47.

The AK-74M ( Along with he AKSU-74 ) uses 5.45 while AKM uses 7.62 ammo so the Supressors need to be different.

In theory you can mount the PBS-5 on a AK-74 ( so also AKS-74 and AK-74M ) but i think i never seen it on any real army pic, not sure why but if they design it specific for the AKSU-74 then it must have a reason.

Someone enlighten me if he knows it better.

About the more things on a weapon, in V.2 of our pack you will see some GP + Scope variants again.

I hope that we see some new units in V.2 too smile_o.gif

like the KLMK camo xmas_o.gif

BTW: Can't wait for it!

and guys.....we need some more missions with this Great A ddon!!!!! inlove.gifsmile_o.gif

I hope that we see some new units in V.2 too smile_o.gif

like the KLMK camo  xmas_o.gif

BTW: Can't wait for it!

and guys.....we need some more missions with this Great A ddon!!!!!  inlove.gif   smile_o.gif

Im working on the missions right now, if you haven't already tried the first 4, there is going to be a total of 7.

You can find the beta versions of the first 4 missions on pages 8-9 of this thread

They are awesome...... GJ

After u finish your last one then can u make a pack, u know waht i mean all in one pack xmas_o.gif

Ya, I will put the final versions all in one download. And they will also not be just the PBO's they will be the entire mission folder, that way when you download them you can edit them to your liking easily.

I'm still trying to find a good POW scripts for mission 5. The sort of script like Evolution has, when you go to a capped soldier, how you can capture him and he becomes part of your squad, anybody know where I can find one like this?

A bit delayed but don't care wink_o.gif

Great pack guys,it's beautyful!!

Hey Steve,your texture work is always incredible!!..I like the weapons too.

@FlyinBullets

Im sorry i Can't help u  huh.gif

@Dr.Rebus

I hope!!!  crazy_o.gif

Don't worry m8t, already found a solution to the problem, Mission 5 is almost done, will be another late night mission release.

Alright here is Mission 5, Operation Dejected Theory. The first half of the mission is more long range, perfect for those of you who love to snipe or like to use the AK's with PSO scopes. The 2nd half of the mission turns more into urban combat.

Mission 5

Hope you enjoy it!  pistols.gif There are probably only going to be 2-3 more missions in this campaign, so if you have any ideas for a particular mission type you would like me to make, let me no, and I will implement it into the story line.

FlyinBullets

Quote[/b] ]hehe, well lets say it like that. i dont like the fact that BIS used much possibilitys in US "weapons addons" arsenal but stopt on the side of the russian weapons at the point where there is just 1 addon at a time.

That's exactely why we are doing Russian addons (at least me) and not US.

Quote[/b] ]why dont do a PSO1 GP25/30 combination!?

Version 2 will have plenty of combos like the one you sugested.

Quote[/b] ]other thing, isnt there a AKM74!? would it take PBS-1 than!?

I supose you are refering to AK-74M? If so than that weapon does not have silencers. If it's the AKM you are refering than yes it does have a silencer it's called PBS-1 and it's in the picture above.

hmm well since the end of the rifle for an aks-74 and that for a 74m are practically identicle there should be no reason that it could not be used for it and if not a little machining could easily fix that i just think its much more common to use the aks-74u silenced since its silencer is much quieter and more effective than the pbs or really than most silencers

BTW i also love the old ak's not only do they woop some ass in cqb but hey its nostalgic i swear i hear that distinctive bang in my sleep lol ah nothing like good old wood parts i personally hate the wood colored plastic of the 74's (not your mapping of them, them in real life your mapping is very good) so when the tools get released in 2025 do you have plans of making proper uniforms helmets tanks choppers blah blah basically any plans for a total russian replacement or are you just gonna stick with infantry modding?

@FlyinBullets

Great work again on that one  wink_o.gif

Did you already try it out? If so, how did the mission unfold for you? (Just tryin to get some feedback, im testing the missions right now with a friend on server) yay.gif

Quote[/b] ]hehe, well lets say it like that. i dont like the fact that BIS used much possibilitys in US "weapons addons" arsenal but stopt on the side of the russian weapons at the point where there is just 1 addon at a time.

That's exactely why we are doing Russian addons (at least me) and not US.

Quote[/b] ]why dont do a PSO1 GP25/30 combination!?

Version 2 will have plenty of combos like the one you sugested.

Quote[/b] ]other thing, isnt there a AKM74!? would it take PBS-1 than!?

I supose you are refering to AK-74M? If so than that weapon does not have silencers. If it's the AKM you are refering than yes it does have a silencer it's called PBS-1 and it's in the picture above.

hmm well since the end of the rifle for an aks-74 and that for a 74m are practically identicle there should be no reason that it could not be used for it and if not a little machining could easily fix that i just think its much more common to use the aks-74u silenced since its silencer is much quieter and more effective than the pbs or really than most silencers

BTW i also love the old ak's not only do they woop some ass in cqb but hey its nostalgic i swear i hear that distinctive bang in my sleep lol ah nothing like good old wood parts i personally hate the wood colored plastic of the 74's (not your mapping of them, them in real life your mapping is very good) so when the tools get released in 2025 do you have plans of making proper uniforms helmets tanks choppers blah blah basically any plans for a total russian replacement or are you just gonna stick with infantry modding?

Offcourse we will try to make some completely new troops when tools are out, however id rather have good old Laser do that but seems hes one of those that we lost since the ArmA era

He has it but he has like 0 time since a good while which is sad cause i loved to work with him.

Btw, anyone ever tried if its somehow possible to make something like being able to put different magazines into a weapon without using lots of extra models?

In the OFP era this was done by swappin models but its not really a good solution mainly cause it adds lots of MB to the pack for extra models.

Maybe anything with weapon proxies?

Hi Shadow,

I would love to see this partizan camo on the marines

RHS2.jpgRHS1.jpg

I may be in V.2 but not on VDV that would be bit over the edge.

As some might ask why is there a airborne patch on him, well that was cause i puzzled this unit together just for NSX on his personal preference, its not to be released like that.

I saw a screenie of that camo in the photography thread a few days ago, looks great. I really hope it's in V2 even if not on VDV, perhaps spetznatz? thumbs-up.gif

Yep thats quite possible smile_o.gif

Btw, greetings to flashpoint.ru community and especially their newsposters.

Also i head rumors from over there that our uniform pockets look likemade from coal?

Would love if anyone could enlighen me on that wink_o.gif

My guess is they mean the rather dark outlined upper pockets on the sleeves if yes then thats caused by the normalmap there.

Could it be that its just the sun reflecting on the normals that makes it look like closed?

Im at work so i cant check atm.

Btw, anyone ever tried if its somehow possible to make something like being able to put different magazines into a weapon without using lots of extra models?

In the OFP era this was done by swappin models but its not really a good solution mainly cause it adds lots of MB to the pack for extra models.

Maybe anything with weapon proxies?

in 6thsense's weapon pack there are som m-14s that use supersonic and subsonic mags. Don't if it's what you are looking for but you might want to check that out.

Yeah but i was more aiming at being able to pick up a rpk mag and load it in my Ak and by doing that i really wanna see a RPK mag on my Ak afterwards without having to use model special or switch out models.

Many people hoped for such feature in ArmA, you define a weapon and parts for it for example with proxies and then you could easiely swap out parts ingame just like on a real weapon... but i guess this will never happen, not even in game 2

@FlyinBullets

Well I have try that mission myself out and i dont have finish it yet,

But when i have more time i will do that,

For now i can only say that idea with that sniper ambush is not bad  wink_o.gif

@Shadow NX,

Sorry for using your tread for this  smile_o.gif

and i hope we will se some new units in V.2 with that KLMK camo,

And pleas fix this vanilla opfor boots with somme original black leather boots for that VDV and Marine Guys ..etc

http://img85.imageshack.us/my.php?image=lwpbutyzf5.jpg

Quote[/b] ]Sorry for using your tread for this

No problem mate, this is a RHS&Skaven&Friends thread, everybody is welcome to talk about our work or about missions made for it biggrin_o.gif