Sign in to follow this  
sickboy

6thSense.eu Presents: WeaponPack

I did a test of the pack and really like it, but I think you should use...

reloadTime = 0.11;   <--maybe even set to 0.10

recoil = "PKMRecoil";

recoilProne = "PKMRecoil";

It is a 7.62 round so it should have more kick. I did a test with the PKMrecoil, and I could get back on target to do about one hit per second.

It also has 700-750 rounds per minute (approx) in RL.

I had to set it at 0.11 just to bring it in line with the BIS weapons. Seems like they made them fire a bit slow.

I also could see a bit of white texture around the M32 at range.

The M32 does not have a explosion sound for me? Even took my sound mod I have out to see.

reloadTime = 0.11; <--maybe even set to 0.10

But you know that this value would turn any gun into a freakin rapid fire laser? crazy_o.gif

Gonna have a look at the weapons soon. Especially the CQB scopes got my interest since i´m trying to do something similar for Bionic.

reloadTime = 0.11;   <--maybe even set to 0.10

But you know that this value would turn any gun into a freakin rapid fire laser?  crazy_o.gif

Gonna have a look at the weapons soon. Especially the CQB scopes got my interest since i´m trying to do something similar for Bionic.

Do the math for that number, its under 750 rpm. I set it at 0.11 (made it slower) to fit in with the BIS weapons. If you were to match the real life M14 speed it would be set to about 0.08. The M14 fires 700-750 rpm in RL. (12.5 shots per second at 750rpm)

M14 full auto video wink_o.gif

sickboy,

Great job on the weapons but one question.

When I equip the M32 to an AI soldier, it appears unable to engage an enemy soldier at any distance tried between 50-200m.

Any idea why that might be?

any ETA on the new version of the pack?

As Sickboy said... I can only say: when it's ready.

Some wip of what I have been dooing past few days. I rendered dozens of occlusion maps, which takes much too much time. But the effects are very nice once you use it to add shading to the texture.

The problem is time and finding good settings.

wipzs7.th.jpg

The pack is waiting for me to finish updating the HK416 to final version, the one we have now has been remapped and retextured using a hi-polygon version I also had to make.

It needs writtings added and new specular map made, and new resolution lods using the new texture since the mapping changed.

Finally i must really consider if i still want to stick to Jackal's sights, they look kind of out of place with this particular model.

Quote[/b] ]R71
I can agree, but how can you tell the PKM recoil is modelled right in ArmA? From what I've heard the PKM has virtually no dispersion when fired prone. And the standing recoil Bis made for 7.62 machineguns is a joke.

As for ROF: 60/750=0.08, which should be the value. But I wasn't the one writting the config (not to mention I didn't realise the difference is important).

Thankyou for the marvelous work panda/sickboy.

The CQB sights are ingenious, would love to see them implemented on more weapons.

VERY usefull when carrying scoped weapons as i always play with no crosshairs.

Again, many thanks smile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]R71 I can agree, but how can you tell the PKM recoil is modelled right in ArmA? From what I've heard the PKM has virtually no dispersion when fired prone. And the standing recoil Bis made for 7.62 machineguns is a joke.

As for ROF: 60/750=0.08, which should be the value. But I wasn't the one writting the config (not to mention I didn't realise the difference is important).

Who ever did the config had the recoil set as a 5.56, thats why I put it as 7.62.

"It also has 700-750 rounds per minute (approx) in RL.

I had to set it at 0.11 just to bring it in line with the BIS weapons. Seems like they made them fire a bit slow."

wippi5.th.jpg

Ok, I took it one step further tooday. Because from extracted BIS addons we know that some models have over 10k shadow LOD instead of normal few hundret faces i modelled an 2k triangles shadow lod that gives the weapon a very detailed self-shadow.

BIS weapon rof etc: well, the problem with many BIS recoils is that they are ROF-dependent. For example M4 recoil is delayed because they wanted bursts to be accurate, hence if you use M4 recoil on a fullauto weapon and add real life ROF (which I tried first for HK416) the weapon has no recoil at all untill the last shot.

Generally I have many crits for BIS team on recoil/ROF issues. Would be best to make custom recoils but

1) I can't do that

2) learning how and experimenting will take more time than just finishing the pack.

wipwa9.th.jpg

This is how ambient occlusion I have rendered looks like on models. Note this is a screenshot from ArmA's buldozer, not 3D software render. smile_o.gif

I got them all into game allready. You won't wait much longer, just untill Sickboy finds time to write a config, organise the files etc. But I think I can give you a list of what you can expect.

changed:

- changed Leupold textures, updated woodland M21 to use the new Leupold

added:

- HK416 rifle

- HK416 carabine SD

- HK416 rifle + ACOG4x scope

- HK416 carabine SD + ACOG4x scope

- HK416 rifle + Leupold scope

- M14 + ACOG 4x

You can see the scopes above.

Thanks Panda.

Any plans for an M320 for that 416 in the future?

Not yet, but if you've got nice pictures please PM them to me.

I didn't make M203 because of the carappy way grenade launchers are pierced by left hand in ArmA, but with this particular one it could work.

^ damn, if I would have known...I had an M302 in my hands last weekend that I could have taken pictures of!!!

I was at an Army Recruiting event where you could handle all the modern US Army equiptment.

This is a very sexy addon. Love the CQB sights on the ACOGs.

Any chance of including the ACOG with the Docter sight on? biggrin_o.gif

Panda is there any chance of you doing a HK416 similar to the following one in the future?

ecfee87f.jpg

Roughly the same as the D10RS varient you already have (the 10 inch "Carbine") with the M68 CCO optics, but also including a Surefire M900 Forward Grip/Tac Light.

Would also be nice to see a Eotech/M900 combo.

Sure Tac Lights aren't technically working in ArmA, nor do we have the option of having anims to show the user of the weapon actually gripping the forward grip anyway.

But regardless I reckon it would make a nice addition, if not now definitely in the future when tools are released which allow custom "weapon holding" anims.

Thanks in advance for taking this into consideration.

Work has kept me extremely busy but im starting to get back into play...

Updates to the pack should happen in the next days... Expect a release soon, should be matter of days smile_o.gif

The silencers on all m14EBRs... which reference pics did u use to make them? They look too thin... like some muzzle compensator of an air gun.

heya guys...just wondering,or if you know...the 6th Sense ArmA addons and such are not showing up...dunno if you took them down or what,but was looking to download the ArmA mod 0.85...anyways,Thanks!

yeah,i know..just since its 6th sense related i posted that;P..anyways...thanks for the quick response...and to stay on topic...

Great work...lovin the models and such!biggrin_o.gif

Just a little update, we are still progressing:

[*] HK416 Carbine SD

[*] HK417 and ACOG variant

[*] SCAR models L and H, different variants... in the process

[*] More, suprise suprise wink_o.gif

Scubaman3D is joining the team and kicks off with the SCAR...

Release will hopefully happen in the next weeks (where did we hear that before...:P). Stay tuned!

(In the meantime, 6thSenseMod will feature the beta tests of all the weapons so if you need a sneak peak... go ahead :P)

Listen up.... what a surprise hopefully next weeks! tounge2.gif

So we have truely wait till Xmas because of "surprises"?? biggrin_o.gif

6thSenseMod is more of a beta product that endures a lot of (easy) updates etc. etc.

The Weaponpack should be a more stable pack that does not get updated every week or month, as it's more widely usable smile_o.gif

THAT, including the fact that my job has been very hard on me the past weeks has the effect of having to postpone a lil here and there wink_o.gif

Not to forget to mention the new win to the team: Scubaman and the upcoming SCARs.. mehhh, X-mas is still far away ;P

No worries, in the end it'll only be good for yeh ;P Besides, the beta's are in 6thSenseMod biggrin_o.gif