Sign in to follow this  
Maddmatt

ArmA Effects

Yes we really need those sparks effects... for example when A10 rounds hit a tank, you can be sure to see big sparks rather than fire-explosions.

So i can only suggest this - give us sparks baby....

Regards, Christian

Yes, we DO need sparks xmas_o.gif

Also, sparks are usually discharged when larger caliber weapons fire (cannon on attack helicopters or heavy machine guns etc).

@Maddmatt

Can you please update ArmAEffects to work with the latest XEH from Solus and Killswitch?

I know XEH is meant to be backward compatible, but still some features simply don't work with XEH.

Besides this how can I use just the rain addon from ArmAEffects? What files do I need?

Besides this how can I use just the rain addon from ArmAEffects? What files do I need?

It is all in one file, you would have to seperate it yourself if you want the rain on it's own.

In the next release I'll keep the rain effects in a seperate pbo file so ArmA Effects and the rain are 2 seperate addons that can be used on their own.

The rest is answered in the PM.

The next release isn't ready yet, and I don't know when it will be. I haven't had much time to work on it sad_o.gif

It will be ready eventually. It might be soon, it might not, I don't know right now confused_o.gif

Well im looking forward to it becuase you have one amazing mod, and i dont think i could last with default arma effects.

I haven't had much time to work on it sad_o.gif

As always, (when you're done) I am very eager to see the new version! smile_o.gif

If sparks were possible - without giving you an aneurysm while trying to create them - they would a great addition to your effects package!

I've decided to release a new version now. I was hoping to get more done before I release it, but I haven't had much time. It works fine, and addresses a few complaints people had. So there is no reason to hold it back.

The rain effects are now in a seperate pbo, and do not rely on ArmA Effects to work. And vice-versa.

New weapon firing effects (try out the .50 cal sniper rifles wink_o.gif ).

Fire hopefully wont mess with the game's HDR as much, so it shouldn't be annoying anymore.

Check the first post for info and download link smile_o.gif

Thanks guys. Mirrors added to first post.

@sparks50: Thanks, nice pic.

@Maddmatt

Thanks for splitting it in to 2 pbo.

There is an error though:

The invisible.paa texture in in MatH_ArmAEffects.pbo. And the rain config is pointing to that path. So the MatH_Rain.pbo relies on MatH_ArmAEffects.pbo and doesn't work on itself. I fixed it for me already, but maybe you will released a fixed version for people that want only the rain addon.

Cosmetic: Maybe you want also to change the line in the config for the rain from

class Extended_Init_EventHandlers

to

class Extended_Eventhandlers

also in this file there is the error

File math_rain\config.cpp, line 24: '/Extended_Init_EventHandlers/All.logic': "" encountered instead of '='

or is it because I didn't rebin it again?

@Maddmatt

Thanks for splitting it in to 2 pbo.

There is an error though:

The invisible.paa texture in in MatH_ArmAEffects.pbo. And the rain config is pointing to that path. So the MatH_Rain.pbo relies on MatH_ArmAEffects.pbo and doesn't work on itself. I fixed it for me already, but maybe you will released a fixed version for people that want only the rain addon.

Oh, thanks for telling me that. Never tested the rain on its own myself so I never noticed it. I'll fix it for the next release. Don't think it's major though.

Quote[/b] ]

Cosmetic: Maybe you want also to change the line in the config for the rain from

to

That's not how it's done in the xeh examples. And I don't think it would work then.

Quote[/b] ]

also in this file there is the error

File math_rain\config.cpp, line 24: '/Extended_Init_EventHandlers/All.logic': "" encountered instead of '='

or is it because I didn't rebin it again?

That isn't in my RPT file. I think that's because you made a mistake when you modified it.

The error is not in the .rpt file, it's preventing the game from starting

Going a little bit crazy here cause I really don't know I make wrong. All I did is unpacked MatH_Rain.pbo with View Pbo 0.8, then unbinarized config.bin from MatH_Rain.pbo

then edited the config.cpp line:

texture MatH_ArmAEffects\invisible.paa

to

texture MatH_Rain\invisible.paa

and copied the invisible.paa from MatH_ArmAEffects.pbo to MatH_Rain

Then packed MatH_Rain with Pbo View and added to my modfolder. The error message keeps coming.

When I try to binarize the MatH_Rain folder with BinPBO Personal Edition (from BIS) the same error message is coming.

Any idea Maddmatt?

EDIT: Ok got rid of the error message by using Mikero's Eliteness.  Edited the config.bin directly in Eliteness (without unbinarizing it) Packed the folder to .pbo again and started the game. No error message.

BUT: The ArmAEffects rain simply doesn't work!

(It only works when both .pbo are in an addon folder)

Please recheck it Madmatt

Congrats with the new release mate smile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]
Quote[/b] ]Cosmetic: Maybe you want also to change the line in the config for the rain from

to

That's not how it's done in the xeh examples. And I don't think it would work then.
Indeed.

Don't touch the Extended_Eventhandlers class!! They are only for initializing the Extended EventHandlers addon, and for no other purpose.

Extended_****_EventHandlers are the classes you need to use for the different eventhandler types, **** = e.g Init, Fired, GetIn etc

However, CfgPatches has been renamed from Extended_Init_EventHandlers to just Extended_Eventhandlers

so ppl can change their requiredAddons array to match smile_o.gif

@sickboy

Yes I understand the thing about XEH now. I left it like if was in the config.bin. But still no ArmAEffects rain. Only BIS rain sad_o.gif

MatH_Rain.pbo is causing CTD sometimes on MP games

(happens on Rahmadi - VODKA! map for me)

Thank you for releasing this update and an EXTRA thanks for seperate it into 2 addons!

Very good work!

MfG Lee smile_o.gif

MatH_Rain.pbo is causing CTD sometimes on MP games

(happens on Rahmadi - VODKA! map for me)

I don't see how it can cause a CTD. I've tested it in MP before (dedicated server) and never had any problems. If someone can confirm this and figure out why it crashes then maybe I can fix it.

I've released a fixed version of the rain addon. Now it works without ArmA Effects. If you want to run the rain without ArmA Effects then go to the first post to get the fix.

If you don't plan to use the rain addon on it's own then you don't need it. There are no other changes to the rain.

The rain included with the ArmA Effects download is still the 'unfixed version', so it wont work without ArmA Effects.

ArmA Effects on the other hand can still run fine with or without the rain addon.