Sign in to follow this  
Törni

RACS M60A3

Functional, ingame with all goodies. Got some work to do with textures and to clean up the file mess which was created during the process plus final testing that everything is ok.

If anything she has a large ammo load 20 SABOT, 20 HEAT, 20 HE.

RACS_M60A3_139223.jpg

RACS_M60A3_139223.jpg

RACS_M60A3_b_139229.jpg

RACS_M60A3_b_139229.jpg

EDIT: Remodel/adaptation for ArmA based on Inquisitor's venerable M60.

That M-60 looks fantastic. RACS needed a tank badly and this one fits in perfectly. Thanks for the hard work Torni and Inquisitor. Looking forward to the release.

Looks killer - thanks so much mate! yay.gif

Sweeeet!

Thank you!

and nice work.

finally the RACS have somthing to shoot back in! pistols.gifnener.gif

I like very much! I agree this is a great fit for RACs OOB!

Now all we need is a T-55 and, or a T-62 for the SLA. thumbs-up.gif

a300mech

I like very much! I agree this is a great fit for RACs OOB!

Now all we need is a T-55 and, or a T-62 for the SLA.    thumbs-up.gif

a300mech

and F-15E biggrin_o.gif

This good ol' M-60 looks awesome to me. Although I agree with Sakura-chan: the RACS camo scheme would be better (or may be you can choose a Cold War era US paint scheme).

And may be it's the screenshot, but the gun's barrel looks a bit too short.

Ass-kickery! I would like to see it in the RACS camo, however, to add to the above comments, so it doesn't look out of place with the '113, '163 and 4x4s.

looks nice dude, and agreed RACS camo would be perfect, but this will do more than fine inlove.gifinlove.gif

Good looking M60 biggrin_o.gif Are you still interested in my request?

Hi !

I have to say that this M60 really looks nice ! I hope to see it soon, and more of your work too...

Malick

Looks Awesome..... The Camo's great too cant wait for release

You should better name it "retexture" of Inq's work. I hope you asked for his permission? whistle.gif

Nice! biggrin_o.gif

Can you also add the M60A3 for the BLUFOR forces, btw? Not just for the RACS...

You should better name it "retexture" of Inq's work. I hope you asked for his permission? whistle.gif

I'm sure work has required more than just a retex (scaling, remodelling); or is it a 100% one to one port?

Imho the camo scheme could use more beige to fit the desert; the colors match Skavens Mercs more than standard RACS wink_o.gif nevertheless; waiting to try it ingame; good work

It's probably important to also note that Inq's M60 is a modification of mine, though he was very diligent about permission. wink_o.gif

As for whether it's a 1 to 1 port, I can still recognize most of the details of my original M60A1 model (texture detail, modelled components,) so it's definitely in there. That's Inquisitor's illuminator and his other parts too; great to see this imported to ArmA!

I'm sure everything's on the level here, he has permission from me, and certainly from Inq. This is a good ArmA addon!

Quote[/b] ]I'm sure work has required more than just a retex (scaling, remodelling); or is it a 100% one to one port?

It is not 1:1 port since the original just lacks detail, there are not enough lods etc. OFP version just won't work "straight out of box". Some parts are from the old OFP model, but if it is a major problem I can also replace all  of them with new meshes. Textures are just first fast version without normal or specular maps. And ofcourse it looks similar it is a M60 tank;)

I used Inquisitor's original as a scale reference for re-model and assembly. Plus I'm not going to claim at any point that the work was not based on his work. So all credits for the original go to him/her?

Configs are all custom stuff for ArmA.

But I guess it is best to show some meshes too so you can really notice the difference to the original one.

I'm sure everything's on the level here, he has permission from me, and certainly from Inq. This is a good ArmA addon!

Roger, all okay then. Just wanted to prevent from a mod tragedy... wink_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]Roger, all okay then. Just wanted to prevent from a mod tragedy...

No need for tragedies just for working addons. Any suggestions are ofcourse welcome.

@LoFFeN - surely takes just editing few lines of text in the config to make it available for Blues too. Not a big deal compared to anything else.

EDIT: Since I have no idea about all the people behind the original M60 tank versions/updates/mods for OFP (which project was influenced by whom etc.) it would be nice to get all their names so that they get the all the credit they truly deserve.

EDIT II: Plus I do not take an offence if someone wants to make a high quality re-texture or for example a M60A1 conversion in the future. Only nice to see that all the work has not been for nothing.

@VXR Surely, if you plan on doing a larger vehicle addon pack for RACS you can use the M60A3. Just wait that I get it ready for release smile_o.gif

Nice1 that M-60 looks great!! ye you get those textures right an it will look very realistic, are you supplying realistic engine sounds?

Quote[/b] ]are you supplying realistic engine sounds?

Lets see what I can do about it. Don't happen to have one M60A3 at back yard to record the sounds from  wink_o.gif

In my opinion, OpF models in ArmA still don`t look good as they should (read: lack of other maps then basic, color, map).

It`s better to keep energy and motivation when real tools come.

But if you feel happy and fullfilled while working and doing OpF to ArmA...just keep it up!. xmas_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]In my opinion, OpF models in ArmA still don`t look good as they should

And that's why re-modeling, re-texturing etc. additional work is absolutely needed. OFP stuff looks just too crude when put side-by-side with ArmA stuff.