Sign in to follow this  
Nutty_101

What stats would you want to see?

I am trying to complete the stats portion of my mp this weekend. I am curious what other stats people would want to be able to see on each user? So far this is what i have either working or somewhat working.

Per user stats that I am tracking:

1. last 10 visits to the server (Date, Time, length of play)

2. Kills

Wheeled

Tracked

Helio

Enemy

Friendly

Civilian - Unarmed other wise they are enemy

Plane

3. Time spent

Wheeled, Tracked, Plane, Helio, foot

4. Side played

Time, kills, number

5. Role Stats

Units healed,

Units transported,

Vehicles delivered to towns (Re-stock battle front towns)

spotter (Have to have a sniper in the group and stay within 100meter's dist)

Engineer (Buildings repaired, mines dropped, vehicles repaired)

Pilot (Bombs dropped, working on accuracy %'s,planes shot down, helios killed)

AA (chop's dropped, planes knocked out-riiight),

AT (Tanks, wheeled cars),

Sniper (kills, shots)

armor (infilt kills [All units in vehicle gain a kill per kill],armor,wheeled)

Other things i am trying to work on.

General

Attacks initiated,

Attacks defended,

Population lost, (maps produce limited amount of units per hour)

Anyone who takes the time to certify as a commander/general has access to a system where they can deploy information to group leaders via radio. Radio towers are key as if they are down you might not receive information.

Just curious what else people might want to see on a players stats screen. Its avail both in-game and on the website.

Be extra cool if this info was mage in to a log file for the server .

would be cool to have how many bullets wasted tounge2.gif just to see how much you love your weapon sounds tounge2.gif or maybe how many enemie you missed, hit smile_o.gif

Laugh, I guess you could dump it to a file. I just use it for server stats. Once it's working right ill release it but it will only work with an additional program on a dedicated server.

I'm a fan of ratio style stats, such as "kill/death ratio", "shots/hits ratio" - and averages such as "kills per minute".

I have been trying to track shots for everyone but if they use a machine gun such as a saw it can cause lag on the client due to so many shots being fired off.

I would really like to see stats implemented in a team vs team environment.

Some people have voiced concern that stats are not something meant for ArmA.  I beg to differ, but that is my opinion.  Many players like to see how they do from day to day.  Plus player stats are a nice tool to see who has been on the server and for how long.  Nice to then see them and ask to join the group if they want to.  Just my observation.

Categories I have in mind are:

Length of time spent on server

Games won

Games lost

Enemy Kills

Friendly Kills

Deaths

Suicides

Kill/Death Ratio

Head Shots (if possible)

Quote[/b] ]I would really like to see stats implemented in a team vs team environment.

Some people have voiced concern that stats are not something meant for ArmA. I beg to differ, but that is my opinion. Many players like to see how they do from day to day. Plus player stats are a nice tool to see who has been on the server and for how long. Nice to then see them and ask to join the group if they want to. Just my observation.

I agree. I think it is the only way to see what role a player plays. In my case I am working on a server that never resets so you can see your lifetime score and get a feel for who is going to do what. Plus this interface will be very handy for the people who are going to work in teams as there is an interface that allows information to be sent down to team leaders. So placement of a person into a team who is good at something would be key.

Quote[/b] ]

Games won-Not really tracking this one

Games lost-Above

Enemy Kills

Friendly Kills

Deaths

Suicides

Kill/Death Ratio

Head Shots (if possible) - I guess it could be added but not something in the immediate future.

Once I get the stats working correctly ill try and release some scripts to the community. The only down side is that it requires a third party application to store it.

Please look me up for beta testing it when you have something. Would appreciate it.

I would really like to see stats implemented in a team vs team environment.

Some people have voiced concern that stats are not something meant for ArmA.  I beg to differ, but that is my opinion.  Many players like to see how they do from day to day.  Plus player stats are a nice tool to see who has been on the server and for how long.  Nice to then see them and ask to join the group if they want to.  Just my observation.

Games won

Games lost

Enemy Kills

Friendly Kills

Deaths

Suicides

Kill/Death Ratio

Head Shots (if possible)

next they will be wanting HEALTH BARS and a JUMP BUTTON :P

Dont like stats myself its not part of the game and makes people RAMBO to get to the top.

ArmA is a team game

Dont like stats myself its not part of the game and makes people RAMBO to get to the top.

ArmA is a team game

Yup, this should help that as it will show who is helping the teams in the end. Yeah, it might also get someone to rambo to the top but then again they will be helping clear towns for your side. Since the whole thing is not just a single coop mission it would not matter. Plus running alone will be more of a chance you get killed and unless there are medics around your gonna have to spawn somewhere far from where you are. So it all works out, plus if someone wanted to be a complete rambo they could just go to the civ side and play free for all since they are not bound by any rules.

Least in my setup.

what would be interesting is the percentage of what units / weapons and vehicles u have used.

Maybe who killed who i pvp games?

That shouldn't be hard.

Nutty;

Your approach works if you're looking for an answer that's only available in-game. Honestly? I'd far rather look at my stats when I'm not playing.

It's also more flexible if you offload the logging effort. Take the log information and work from that. Maybe use a sql-lite, mysql, or postgresql back end. Once you have something like that done, you can query it from anywhere. Heck, you might be able to adapt something like qstats pretty quickly to get the job done.

Nutty;

Your approach works if you're looking for an answer that's only available in-game. Honestly? I'd far rather look at my stats when I'm not playing.

It's also more flexible if you offload the logging effort. Take the log information and work from that. Maybe use a sql-lite, mysql, or postgresql back end. Once you have something like that done, you can query it from anywhere. Heck, you might be able to adapt something like qstats pretty quickly to get the job done.

It's using mysql with about a 30 second delay from updating the database. smile_o.gif

Have you looked into SQLite? It is a lot easier for gamers to setup and should do everything you would need a full MYSQL setup for with much less learning curve and installation headaches for the end users? As far as I know all the queries etc should just drop right in.

Nah, i leave it to what ever they want to use really. I use sql2005 on my test machine at home and mysql on my dedicated. App supports anything oledb or odbc.

It's using mysql with about a 30 second delay from updating the database. smile_o.gif

Ah. When you referred to a server that didn't reset I thought you were talking about a gameserver, not a stats server.

Just out of curiosity, what engine are you using to gather and parse the stats?

Cool. Is available anywhere for DL? I've been thinking about doing something similar for my server once the Linux binary becomes available, but I don't have much interest in writing something from scratch if I don't have to! biggrin_o.gif

Look on Armedassault.eu, there are links there. I don't think i will ever support the linux version though. Sorry.

No problem. I'll probably look into something like qstats then.

In any event, good on you for writing it in the first place!

I personally don't like stats at all - especially some sort of central database.

Whenever you get stats, there are people that will do all (and

anything) they can to improve their own stats.. ie Cheat.

Yes there are cheaters currently, but it will encourage more. sad_o.gif

#C

As this particular stats initiative is going to be available only for a single server, I wouldn't worry about it too much. Just don't play on whatever servers end up running the software! smile_o.gif