Sign in to follow this  
zootia

hack in evolution

arma2007-06-1920-48-58-75.jpg

I was playing and having fun in Evo 3.0 on the badonline.net server. Then suddenly some a$$hole joins the server and decides to drop a hack bomb.

Infinite numbers of civilians started spawning at the base armed with RPGs and strelas and start blowing everybody up. We had 40 or so people in there having fun, with only 3 more cities to go and this when the hack bomb was dropped. The sheer number of civilians at the base started bogging down the server and everybody got horrible lag. After about 15 minutes of the base raping madness, the screen blacked out for everyone and it said presented to you by TKC Inc. Then Huge explosions started going off in the base blowing everything up.

This is the point where I left, and so did most other people.

We are not sure but we think it was done by a guy called Masheedomarhassan (or something like that).

Why do people do this?? Do they think its funny? It ruined my Evolution session and probably a lot of other peoples' too.

Anybody know about this hack?

some guy showed videos of this on youtube

his name is TKC WESKER

f****ing noobs they made the hacks and shit on their site

i won;t post it but you guys can find the TKC site and see for your selfs

Not only is this in the wrong section, but the mods rarely allow topic about hacks.

Anyways, was this with patch 1.08? I guess they finally got around the antihack programs, or the server didn't have them installed.

I've seen this before in 1.05 but I didnt know it was a hack. If not in this section, where do you propose I put it? I think its importatn for people to know about it

Multiplayer would have been a better choice.

So has anyone else seen any hackers since 1.08? I played a lot of multiplayer for a few days after patch 1.08 was released without a hacker encounter. But then again, I've never played with any hacker, teamkiller, or mic spammer in Armed Assault. I guess I'm one of the lucky ones.

As the owner of the badonline server I can tell you that it is running the latest patch 1.08. As for antihack programs. If it's something additional to the patch, I do not know about it and would really like to get some info on it. Could someone share that info with me please.

Until then the only way I know to stop this is to lock out all mods. It seems my server has got their attention. Probably because it's usually fairly busy.

Personally, I wished their mothers would have spent more quality time with them. It has to really suck living a life that unhappy all the time that they have to make other as miserable as they are. When you think about it, it's pretty sad. I really do pity the poor people.

The programs I was talking were meanchened in the last cheating topic

The first one doesn't allow mods with certain signatures from the maker. I think you already know about this.

The second one is some other small thing were it randomly checks every player. I don't know anything about it though.

First

Second

Quote[/b] ]Until then the only way I know to stop this is to lock out all mods.

So that's working? Nice! thumbs-up.gif

Having been on the site (Though not using them myself, As they are disgusting) I have discovered that it is EXE's used and not addons, at least, as far as I have discovered.They do have a disclaimer on the site, though whether that is legally binding or not, I do not know, I'm going to pass on the details to a Moderator and/or Dev in the hopes that they can do something.

I wonder where the anti cheat protection BI promised us go?

BIS is most likely in a Rock and hard place situation, on one hand, they could clamp down and introduce heavy protection from hacks, though that will, due to the high variance in systems, likely result in innocent players being affacted.

On the other they can, for the sake of the legitimate and innocent users not be quite so tight and thus a few hacks/hackers slip through.

I was in that server as well, after about 5 mins I left we've seen this on the BDA server too b4 1.8 was out. this instance was the first time i saw it after release of 1.8.

One thing to do is look for units created that the server does not know about. Slow and sucks but you can delete them if needed. Should be a way to detect some client running something or creating units and vehicles.

Not much of an answer to this to be honest. If they are doing stuff it is thru the exe i would bet. I am sure there are ways around the signature check portion at join.

The anti-cheat system promised by BIS is already functional, but it needs to be enabled by the server admin - i.e. he has to set up the file checking parameters in the servers config.

Sadly the whole system is not very transparent, and it seems that most server admins are either not bothering with it because they don't know how, or they don't even know it exists.

I wonder where the anti cheat protection BI promised us go?
Here maybe? http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/ArmA:_Addon_Signatures

Ergo; Look before ye start "I wonder where the XXXX is BI Promised us" rants smile_o.gif)

Quote[/b] ]The anti-cheat system promised by BIS is already functional, but it needs to be enabled by the server admin - i.e. he has to set up the file checking parameters in the servers config.

Sadly the whole system is not very transparent, and it seems that most server admins are either not bothering with it because they don't know how, or they don't even know it exists.

We just need a bunch of scripts properly setup and the thing is on. Also the signature creation utility should come quick otherwise ye can't play with any addons at all :P

Weren't one of your boys from SWAF working on scripting systems for it?

I would find it an interesting project myself, but because I dont have use for any anti-cheating systems myself, the chances are slim that I will invest much time in it myself smile_o.gif

The anti-cheat system promised by BIS is already functional, but it needs to be enabled by the server admin - i.e. he has to set up the file checking parameters in the servers config.

Is there a wiki, thread or webpage that explains how the anti cheat can be enabled and configured?

Perhaps someone with the correct knowledge of how to do so should download these hacks and explore ways of disabling them from the inside?

This just has to stop... There is no way that we will be able to get through to the asshole that makes these because he clearly enjoys it so much..

This is also borderline illegal right? Doesn't it infringe upon the terms and conditions of usage? confused_o.gif

wow...just wow.

threes cities left huh? ffs.

I do not find fun or humor in others misery. I was brought up to respect ppl, and I take that a step further, and repsect virtual ppl as well.

In the end, this person is only hurting himself. By heckling and raging ArmA servers, it will force the community to either use passworded servers, or no servers at all. He will lose his 40 man Evo servers, and have to find a new game to create madness in.

I also pity him, and others like him.

Look on the bright side! It may reduce to number of Evo servers and force admins to put different maps on their servers! wink_o.gif

Is there a wiki, thread or webpage that explains how the anti cheat can be enabled and configured?

There is a small page on server side scripting here, but it does not contain any examples. Just vague basic descriptions of the commands.

i looked at the site myself also, it is a exe as others said, they must have inside knowlegde, also it could possible be a no-cd crack, (just guessing, cause its a exe)

I think BIS should take a look at it, but lets hope the noobs go away by themselves,

pluss i think there is CS tournament comming up soon, so maybe most of them will go away

i looked at the site myself also, it is a exe as others said, they must have inside knowlegde, also it could possible be a no-cd crack, (just guessing, cause its a exe)

I think BIS should take a look at it, but lets hope the noobs go away by themselves,

pluss i think there is CS tournament comming up soon, so maybe most of them will go away

From what i have seen it is exe based. First they are changing some information for directx to show the players thru walls. They are also doing a few other things.

One way they might have done it is to change the files in memory or as they are being read by the system. This is way people could get around the whole addon signatures. To anyone who is rather good at programing; the signature system is not an issue as it is easily defeated. The true measure is that the server has to understand the scripts that the client can run and be able to block what is not in the scripts. Though this might be a huge undertaking to figure out with the vast abilities of the scripting / addon system.

Maybe something as simple as a request to the server for createvehicle and createunit on the server side. Allow us the ability to approve the items be created. That way we could track who creates what and what it is doing. That might be a very easy addon since the server has to know that the unit was created anyway.

This might be the wrong area to ask but does anyone know how to tell what client a unit/object is local to? Maybe we could come up with something on the server side to check objects local to see who the created them?

Next time i will look in the other forums before asking. Sorry.

Local checks

The Problem with the File check is that the players will take for freakin ever to join the server. I tried it on our Server and it takes too long no matter how much you open the Bandwidth.

Verifysignatures = 1 would work for the most part but we'll have to wait till BIS releases the Key Generator to the MOD community and that the MOD community actually uses it. There's no way in Hell I can go back to ArmA Vanilla Sounds... rofl.gif

@MadDogX

Let me know if and when you decide to release ARMAAC. wink_o.gif

Well community cheat detection methods are not going to help. You can't stop an *.exe with a script, but you can mess with a script with an *.exe. Addon signatures wont do a thing about it either, as these hacks don't rely on addons.

The only thing that can help is if BIS tries to work on anti-cheat systems. But there is only so much you can do about these people.

They wont stop, we can only slow them down.

Well community cheat detection methods are not going to help. You can't stop an *.exe with a script, but you can mess with a script with an *.exe. Addon signatures wont do a thing about it either, as these hacks don't rely on addons.

The only thing that can help is if BIS tries to work on anti-cheat systems. But there is only so much you can do about these people.

They wont stop, we can only slow them down.

Well, the pessimistic POV would be that hackers cannot be stopped at all, unless MP games are written in such a way that the server does ALL the work for every client and just sends out video streams instead of data. That would even eliminate wall hacks and aimbots.

But since that's not gonna happen, let's just make do with slowing these guys the hell down, hower we can.