Sign in to follow this  
zootia

hack in evolution

But since that's not gonna happen, let's just make do with slowing these guys the hell down, hower we can.

The only issue with that is that as a rule, it slows everybody down, to a point where people say stuff it.

Look at PB dont even try a game on PB if your on dial up in Aus its updates kill you faster than the hackers.

Take BF2 PLEASE! PB and its a total waste of time, more hackers in game than Players.

What to do?

Lock ya servers, and have players request access on forums.

BTW a guy with 29 points last night jumped in a Cobra took off and fragged Par, (map Eva 1.5a I think)I said hey your using some sort of hack, he replyed that if you get an AI they can fly it and you just Gun. As he had destroyed both in game I tried this on the other choppers, but nope no go.

Anybody know anything about this?

Dunno if you rememeber, but I was playing on the server when that happened, however I wasn't at the main base the entire time that was happening...I was with a couple people who were still out at the cities, while apparently everybody else was stuck in the main base shooting the crazy civs.

The best suggestion I've seen so far. I'll password the server and I'll make the password available in the forums on the badonline.net website. Many of the regular players on the server have already registered. It sucks that your forced to do this.

If you get their player ID and put them in the ban text will that stop them or can they get around it with out buying a new license?. Cause when OFP started thats how we would have to weed out the assholes. I know it took alittle bit but it sure paid off for us at the Fraghaus server in the longrun.

yay.gif

The best suggestion I've seen so far. I'll password the server and I'll make the password available in the forums on the badonline.net website. Many of the regular players on the server have already registered. It sucks that your forced to do this.

A password does suck, but if it makes the difference between having a clean session or a hacked one, I'll take the password.

By the way, it was a very fun session up until the cheater came in, so I'll definitely sign up on your forums!

If you get their player ID and put them in the ban text will that stop them or can they get around it with out buying a new license?. Cause when OFP started thats how we would have to weed out the assholes. I know it took alittle bit but it sure paid off for us at the Fraghaus server in the longrun.

yay.gif

I wished getting their ID number was that easy. I've been on when someone connected. He was able to take control of any players character he wanted. He even sent messages to everyone that appeared to be coming from me. Since they could use anyone and type anything and have it appear as if you type it, I had no way to determine who it was.

It appears that ArmA does not register names with ID numbers. Just the number itself. So we can change your players name every day. Since I could not determine who it was I could not ban anyone. The odds are I would have banned the wrong person.

Yep, judging from the replies, BI really needs to do something about this. Singleplayer is fun, but multiplayer is a lot better. These hackers are just hurting Armed Assault sales and community.

I'm sure that there is no legal action that can be taken for them hacking, but this group of people is single handedly destroying the multiplayer community as I type this. Surely something can be done, even if it's an empty threat.

I for one can say that if I were to see this topic before buying Armed Assault I'd have been very reluctant to get it. At this point I'm still glad I bought it, but I can only speak for myself.

yeah i played 5 mins ago and got very sad and angry when suddenyl opfors spawned near and inside our base and explosions all over the place and civies with guns and after a while i got sick with it.. i think it started first with them having a.i's that did the tk for them then after a while shit really hit the fan crazy_o.gif that makes me wonder if its worth playing arma public servers when cheaters can come in and ruin so much confused_o.gif