Sign in to follow this  
sickboy

6thSense.eu Presents: "Pack1"

@loyalguard, I will try to look into it asap.

I have some additional info, Sickboy. I don't think the problem is all that prolific and I apologize for not being more thorough in trying to recreate/diagnose the problem earlier.

I now think the problem is only limited to the Evolution Mission (or possibly other persistent missions like Evo) and so I would hesitate to solely call it a problem with the tracers mod...rather it may be a mission problem.

After trying out V.3 on several other servers (and in LAN mode) and several other missions...I can now only recreate the problem in Evo. FWIW, a more in-depth description can be found below.

Here's how to recreate the problem:

a) Weapons - fire some rounds then choose "rearm" at an ammo box. After you reload you will no longer have tracers (this might affect any other weapon you use later while that mission persists - I have to check further).

b) Vehicles - Again fire some rounds then exit the vehicle. After you enter it again you will have no tracers (for you or any other player in that vehicle later). The only way I could get tracers back was to destroy the vehicle and then repair it.

I think there are other ways of re-creating the problem but these were the two easiest I found. In my initial tests which included Evo, Sometime tracers worked and sometimes they didn't so I couldn't tie it to the mission per se. But, now that I know how to recreate the problem, even if they work when I start it, I can make them stop. I will continue to test on other missions to see if it might be a wider issue, but so far it seems to be isolated. Interestingly enough I also could recreate the problem with v.2.

If there is a simple way of correcting the prob that's great, but I don't think anyone expects you to adjust your mod for a single mission. I will also alert KilJoy, Evo's creator, to the problem to see if there is a way he can fix Evo to alleviate the issue.

Again, sorry If I led you down a wrong path...thanks again for all your hard work!

LoyalGuard, thanks a bunch for the details!

Will look into it anyway, as I think it has to do with the init eventhandlers.

I take issue with the fact that certain files (left out of the .pbos for ease of editing) were placed in ArmA\dta\ along with BI stock files! Huge paux-pas! Could have just as easily put them in ArmA\SIX_dta

Trying to make an addon aggregate pack for my unit is difficult to do because you have to make everything as foolproof as possible. I've put the \dta\ files into their respective .pbos with a tiny edit (they shouldn't be editing their official addon pack anyway).

Just food for thought for the future.

If u make the addon pack, then i cant see how the hpp files can make it difficult to make fool proof.

Anyway, the dta folder was taken so the player has no need for extra folders and can place the addons themselves anywhere they want to.

They are not by default in the pbo, because i believe in freedom of choice. Even within a unit.

Besides, I seem to miss out the request for permission to edit my addons.

Nice mod guys!

I'm just wondering, how do I use only the tracers, not the CRDS and stuff?

I tried just extracting the Tracer's files but it didn't work

Unless I did it wrong whistle.gif

Works a charm biggrin_o.gif

Thanks bro!

Great mod notworthy.gif

Will you make an update for editorupdate with QG stuff?

Hmm, there was an announcement of an "WeaponsPack".... wink_o.gif

QG Stuff, maybe.

WeaponsPack, betatesting the models and waiting for finalization. Though everytime you ask, we add another week on the release date smile_o.gif

ATM im stressing like crazy to add usefull features to the 6thSenseMod and fix/cleanup/optimize a lot of the base pillars of the mod. Which will then be ported to Pack1.

By then DAC should be out by Mapfact.net and probably after a few weeks of templating and completing objective generator and other features around that, I will have some breathing room again.

Past weeks have pushed me to the max, and there seems no end in sight yet, lol smile_o.gif

Though everytime you ask, we add another week on the release date smile_o.gif

rofl.gif

Knowing this forum and knowing most people here wont read one post higher up I fear this was the last we saw of your mod sad_o.gif

Take a break with the 6thSenseMod.... fix/cleanup/optimize the 6thSenseWeaponPack!! After this New Weapon Release make a little slowdown until DAC is released... then you could make a big Upgrade with lot improvements/ideas/fixes in 6thSenseMod. *Hypnotize Sickboy wow_o.gif

Oh yeah! Would really appreciate! smile_o.gif

MfG Medicus

Have you figured out a way to synchronize reloads with the HK416ACOG and it's CQB muzzle yet?

Have you figured out a way to synchronize reloads with the HK416ACOG and it's CQB muzzle yet?
No, haven't put any time in it either. Priority is elsewhere.

@NoRailGunner; If it was in my hands, it wouldn't be a problem. Im not a modeler, so there is no way for me to speed up, or otherwise slow down the process, now get back to whatever it is you do, as long as it's away from here smile_o.gif

But please people, can we keep discussions to their respective threads instead of using every 6thsense thread for about every 6thsense mod? Thanks.

Oh yeah! Would really appreciate! smile_o.gif

MfG Medicus

@sickboy

would like to see an update of your SIX pack with NAI included...

That would be hammer heavy cool... smile_o.gif

PS.

and BTW @Medicus:

Since I saw you in this topic I would like just to tell you, that I would like to see a SP or COOP mission done by you again for ArmA. Really liked your mission for OFP, Afghanistan. You surely remember!

Thanks for the interest Kroky but NAI is not yet ready for such implementation and as stated, priorities lay otherwise atm. The future of NAI is very uncertain aswell, because of the DAC (by Mapfact.net) announcement.

When released and after my evaluation, I might decide to drop the current AI-M and NAI projects, and port/recreate the objective/zone generator and some of the AI enhancements and work them out in a mission together with DAC.

The current state of NAI is very promising, but i'm very confident that the release state of DAC will be a hell of a lot better. This leaves still the options for an AI-enhancement usable in every single mission, this is probably what I will develop NAI to. Let's await the release of DAC.

However, this is again the wrong thread for these discussions and informations and I would like to request to move further continuation of this discussion and future discussions about NAI/AIM, to the respective thread smile_o.gif

sickboy,

Would you consider having a desert camo job on your HK416s, much like Aimpoint's Desert M4s? I love the 416 variants and it would be nice to have Aimpoint's camo scheme on them.

hi,

first of all, i want to thanks for this nice mod. keep it up.

recently, i wanted to disable the tracers for all M16 and M4 rifles except for the ones with scope (M16A4_ACG, M16A4_ACG_GL, M4SPR) and all AK rifles except AKS74PSO. so i edited the cfgWeapons.hpp file

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">

class cfgWeapons

{

class Rifle;

// All Rifles are inherited from these

class M16A2: Rifle

{

SIX_tracerEnable = 0;

SIX_tracerDiff = 0; // 0 = false, 1=true; If true, the weapon is sensitive for the "Rifle Bullet Tracers" Difficulty settings in ArmA Options

};

class M16A4_ACG: M16A2

{

SIX_tracerEnable = 1;

SIX_tracerDiff = 1;

};

class M16A4_ACG_GL: M16A2

{

SIX_tracerEnable = 1;

SIX_tracerDiff = 1;

};

class M4: Rifle

{

SIX_tracerEnable = 0;

SIX_tracerDiff = 0;

};

class M4SPR: M4

{

SIX_tracerEnable = 1;

SIX_tracerDiff = 1;

};

class G36a: Rifle

{

SIX_tracerDiff = 1;

};

class AK74: Rifle

{

SIX_tracerEnable = 0;

SIX_tracerDiff = 0;

};

class AKS74PSO: AK74

{

SIX_tracerEnable = 1;

SIX_tracerDiff = 1;

};

// M249 only

class M249: Rifle

{

SIX_tracerDiff = 1;

};

};

everything works fine.

then i did the same thing with snipe rifles (M24, M107, SVD, KSVK) to enable the tracers

(i choose the M24 snipe rifle for instance)

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">

class M24: Rifle

{

SIX_tracerEnable = 1;

SIX_tracerDiff = 1;

};

but nothing changed huh.gif

i though maybe i have to check the cfgAmmo.hpp file and i changed some lines so that i can see the bullets of the snipe rifles

class B_762x51_Ball: BulletBase

{

tracerColor[] = {0, 0, 0, 0};

tracerColorR[] = {0, 0, 0, 0};

SIX_tracerEnable = 1;

SIX_tracerColor = "R";

SIX_tracerPer = 1;

SIX_tracerSize = "Small";

SIX_tracerLife = 0.697;

};

but nothing changed (i still cant see the tracers) crazy_o.gif

so this is my question: where i made a mystake or do i have to do something more ?

I'll look into it. But please do not edit the addon itself. There's a config system for you to use, without the need to edit the addon. Furthermore, there are things in place to keep it fair in multiplayer and on par with server settings. So in case ur a multiplayer player, you are actually 'cheating' by editing the files, aswell as in the future you will be unable to join servers when I signed the addons smile_o.gif

Update:

Found your problem, follow these steps:

[*] Put back original SIX_Tracers.pbo from the pack1-release

[*] Edit dta\SIX_Tracers.hpp:

change <table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">// #define SIX_TracersSP to <table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">#define SIX_TracersSP

add <table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">class B_762x51_noTracer

{

SIX_tracerEnable = 1;

SIX_tracerColor = "R";

SIX_tracerPer = 1;

SIX_tracerSize = "Small";

SIX_tracerLife = 0.697;

}; into the class cfgAmmo section.

And make other wanted changes to this config file

[*]Start ur game

I'll look into it. But please do not edit the addon itself. There's a config system for you to use, without the need to edit the addon. Furthermore, there are things in place to keep it fair in multiplayer and on par with server settings. So in case ur a multiplayer player, you are actually 'cheating' by editing the files, aswell as in the future you will be unable to join servers when I signed the addons smile_o.gif

ok thanks mate.

im gonna reinstall and check if it works right now.

ok thanks mate.

im gonna reinstall and check if it works right now.

excellent ! it works fine now. thanks again sickboy.