Sign in to follow this  
{9thInf}GunnyMeyer

SLI questions

I didn't see this in the fix-list for the new patch... Has it already been fixed in 106 and i'm just imagining decresed performance or is it low on your priority list... I just really wish i didn't have to put all my graphics settings on low and normal with this system that i thought was a beast when i could play Company of Heroes on pretty much all max. I dunno, how bout helpin a guy out.

That is a good question....We need answers NOW

PLEASE notworthy.gif

Im thinkin of buying another GF6800GT to have 2

in SLI mode...IS this ok or not?

Will there be an increase of performance?

I am running the game in SLI, and you should be able to do the same.

Go to Nvidia Control Panel and Open Manage 3D settings.

Go to Program Settings tab and scroll down to arma.exe and select it.

Scroll down to SLI preformance Mode and select in the drop down memu the mode you like to run your cards in.

For this I use Nvida Control Panel 1.4.6.12

with 2x evga8800GTX in SLI.

Hope it helps.

as i know, this game do not support SLI or CrossFire configuration. use of thos drop ammount of FPS (on same setting, like single card) all true its can incrise qualaty of of details, like AA x16, but its will badly hit on preformance.

P.S. b4 u say anything, i have my self 2 x video cards, ATI tech. inc X1950XTX uber-limited edition and ATI tech. inc X1950CF uber-limited edition. (512MB each)

I don't think you use SLI with 2 8800 GTX check your configuration because SLI with 8800 GTX is not supported and almost unplayable due to low FPS.

AND THIS REALLY GET ME CRAZY !!!

How long for a PATCH that allow the use of SLI with 8800 to use the game with all settings set to MAX, and Visi to MAX a lot of players and 50 FPS huh.gif?huh.gif

not sure if this would be posible at all, this game was too long in development (like STALKER) wich left it behind of technology. i hear this game even do not support dual-core CPU's, that why single CPU preform better than dual or quad core.

Which is all the more suprising as I used to play Quake 2 fine on my 2 card Voodoo 2 setup years and years ago. Game designers really should look into this stuff more seriously.

I can't run SLI on my 2x8800GTX's sad_o.gif. It slows the game down to a crawl! I literally get double the FPS in single card mode.

I don't think you use SLI with 2 8800 GTX check your configuration because SLI with 8800 GTX is not supported and almost unplayable due to low FPS.

AND THIS REALLY GET ME CRAZY !!!

How long for a PATCH that allow the use of SLI with 8800 to use the game with all settings set to MAX, and Visi to MAX a lot of players and 50 FPS huh.gif?huh.gif

Hm, I just tested what you claim.

Went to same spot with different configurations set for SLI outside the game of course.

And you know what, you're right and I was wrong.

I too increase my frames per second with a single GPU running.

After playing around a bit, and this might not be relevant to the core isue here, but anyway...

Even though the frames per second did go up with single GPU, the preformance went down and it, at least on my PC, become more.. How to say, lost textures, some items and models are less fine and I do have graphics lag at time.

For me personally, I still prefer to go back to SLI enabled in the control panel and have all set to very high or high in exchage for high frame rates. Reason is, 30fps or 60fps does not matter to my eyes at least.

But I agree with the thread starter to 100% that SLI should be working with ArmA and of course also the Ati version SLI.

After playing around a bit, and this might not be relevant to the core isue here, but anyway...

Even though the frames per second did go up with single GPU, the preformance went down and it, at least on my PC, become more.. How to say, lost textures, some items and models are less fine and I do have graphics lag at time.

For me personally, I still prefer to go back to SLI enabled in the control panel and have all set to very high or high in exchage for high frame rates. Reason is, 30fps or 60fps does not matter to my eyes at least.

But I agree with the thread starter to 100% that SLI should be working with ArmA and of course also the Ati version SLI.

yep as long its not lower than 27 FPS (not sure) its not make difference. that why i play on higest settings with 1600x1200 2500m distance, AA x 2 , Adaptive AA "ON" (preformence), AF x16 with High Quality AF (impruve texture sharpness and quality compare with standart AF), Wait for vertical refrash "ON", Triple buffering "ON".

GFX Clocks: 700MHz VPU

1100MHz Memory

Can I get a developer to reply? I'd really like to take advantage of my system on this game... It's making me really ticked off.

I didn't see this in the fix-list for the new patch... Has it already been fixed in 106 and i'm just imagining decresed performance or is it low on your priority list... I just really wish i didn't have to put all my graphics settings on low and normal with this system that i thought was a beast when i could play Company of Heroes on pretty much all max. I dunno, how bout helpin a guy out.

It silly really I've had an sli system for a year now and sli systmes have been around for about 2 years and no games company seems to take full advantage of this, which I dont understand. It would probably make it better for them to develop a sli game because they can make a better game, which is more graphically stunning.

9750gtx2, 1GB DDR3

AMD athelon64 4.4Ghz

RAM: 2GB DDR2

The game supports SLI just fine. Complain to Nvidia for poor SLI-support for the 8xxx-series. The 6 and 7xxx series works perfectly in SLI given you have a recent driver installed.

158.xx, 160.xx and 165.xx drivers works nicely in Arma.

Personally I'm running a 7950 GX2 and with SLI enabled the fps is roughly 80-90% higher.

not sure if this would be posible at all, this game was too long in development (like STALKER) wich left it behind of technology. i hear this game even do not support dual-core CPU's, that why single CPU preform better than dual or quad core.

first off the game hasn't been in development very long. They only started 2 years ago.(note that it has already been released for 6 months)

Also the game doesn't take advantage of dual core, still you will see a small performance increase with a dualcore CPU(something like 10%). Saying a single CPU performs better then a dualcore is plain wrong...

And a workaround for 8800GTXs that i think someone in 22SAS posted about on our forums was to rename ArmA.exe to fear.exe

Then run ArmA and it will trick the Nvidia into thinking you're playing fear, should give you nice frames smile_o.gif

I personally don't think Arma does support SLI. I'm running a Quad 7950GX2 SLI system and with settings on normal-high (not very high) i'm getting between 25 and 38 fps. This i may add is on south sahrani. If i venture up into the northern forests i only manage around 12-18 fps.

There are so many configurations with PCs that you may just fall lucky when you get higher framerates. I know i'm in the unlucky section sad_o.gif .

you need to rename the .exe. For SLI and CF. Fear.exe is a working rename. Its upto the drivers of your vidcard to enable SLI or CF, not BIS... this is a NVDA or AMD issue, NOT a BIS problem. I run CrossFire, with the Fear.exe, doubles my frame rate.