Sign in to follow this  
frederf

Collection of Undocumented/Lesser-Known Features

I have four buttons for leaning here.

Lean left, lean right, lean left toggle & lean right toggle.

I also use 2x right shift for sprinting instead of 2x arrow up because I found it easier to find the right timing. if the timing is not right you'll stop running, that's not the case when you assign sprinting on 2x right shift. You can still hold down your arrowkey while tapping that right shift key.

Wow, nice list. There were a couple I didn't know about in there that I will find very useful... wink_o.gif

Here is something from me I experienced torughout the whole game:

Artificial Intelligence

If you come into trouble with too many infantry running after you just get into a building. NPCs are usually not going to trow grenades at you when you are whitin a building.

In the building you can wait for them to come in in single file one after each other.

Then - if you really get run over by too many - just make it to the second floor where they will never advance to.

Hmmm, playing online I've died after running into a building, going up to the 2nd floor and lying prone.

After I'd been in the building for about 15-20 seconds, a grenade went off and I died.

Must have been an officer-I heard they're supposed to be smarter than the AI G.I.

Added:

Quote[/b] ]43. Pressing the "Home" key in the select slot screen scrolls the screen to your current position.

i just noticed this, if u hold left shift (to walk) when crawling u actually crawl a little bit slower smile_o.gif

O rly? Yes - I thought that I had seen some bots crawling faster then they normally do recently... has been there in OFP - I missed it already. Why only a "little bit"? Why not leave it as it was...

Something else - maybe - actually some people do not know about. I noticed in MP:

_

To put Ammo & Weapons into vehicles so you can get them later get next to the vehicle (most times driver seat) and press the binding for "Gear". If it doesnt work and you drop your equip to the ground instead of into the car then get in into the vehicle and press "Gear" there.

Here's some:

- double tap Left-Ctrl to saftey your weapon while standing.

- tap \ to make your hand hold at the salute position

- double tap \ to do a quick salute

- tap your ' to sit down

Added:

Quote[/b] ]44. Iron sights on some weapons can be made to zoom out to maximum extent and stay zoomed out by pressing 2x Numpad_Minus. Suitable for close combat.
Quote[/b] ]45. The slow movement modifier key (default "Shift") works in all stances: standing, crouched, and prone.
Quote[/b] ]46. Freelook can be accessed by holding down the Left_Alt key and can be toggled with 2x Left_Alt and Numpad_*
Quote[/b] ]47. Your weapon can be lowered to a safe position by tapping 2x Left_Ctrl.

In evolution:

Recruit AI into your team. Get the AI to be your gunner in say a stryker and you will gain points for AI's enemy kills.

I am sure this also works with fellow soldiers (if they are in ur group) but as few people in public servers form groups i wouldn't know. mad_o.gif

Added:

Quote[/b] ]48. A human vehicle owner (driver/commander) gets points for kills by an AI gunner.

Notice I didn't add things like "salute" because it's not really something that prevents you from getting killed also it's in the freaking manual and control screen and most people can do without it. AI recruitment in Evo? I'm it's in the briefing and on the freaking map!

I am curious how the AI gunner points happen in Evolution now that you mention it.

Player A has an AI

Player B drives a Stryker

Player A's AI gets in gunner in the Stryker

Who gets the points?

Quote[/b] ]Player A has an AI

Player B drives a Stryker

Player A's AI gets in gunner in the Stryker

Who gets the points?

Well ...i dunno, needs tested

1 ) a little trick to drive faster in vehicule:

bind "order advance fast forward" to one key.

bind "order advance slow forward" to another key.

When you are out the road hit the both key and you drive a little faster, not much, but this will not change the kind of vehicule (car will not race a Humvee, and will slow down alot out the road)

2) trick for track ir user:

get to ironsight, move the sight left/right and check view, you have a little more zoomed view without having to use goggle (even with M16).

Quote[/b] ]49. The commands "Fast forward" and "Slow forward" (default E and Q) allow vehicle movement slightly faster and slower than normal.

Wow. Great list and very helpful. Thank you.

I'm subscribing to this thread, despite the annoying subscription feature of this board (one email per new entry even if you ahvent come back to the board yet)

just found something new by sheer accident, If you blow up the power generators near a big city, the lights actually go out. Extreamly useful for spec ops units

Here's some:

- double tap Left-Ctrl to saftey your weapon while standing.

- tap \ to make your hand hold at the salute position

- double tap \ to do a quick salute

- tap your ' to sit down

On my keyboard (UK)

Salute = ' ( unshifted @)

and

Sit = # (hash, just next to enter key)

By the way - it worked in OFP and it here too - if you hold W and E together while driving a vehicle you will actually go faster.

Holding down alt you can do free mouselook too, when reloading gun you can do free mouselook too without pressing any buttons getting that situational awareness in.

Heli tip: when you are travelling at fast speed and want to land but want to stay low as well, steer left or right at the same time as you descend. Heli wont go up like when you only lift the nose.

Personal: I've bound shift+S to get out/eject, great when you are in a hurry (when under fire etc). Had it on 2xS but accidentally ejected out of cars and helis a few times =)

If you hold down freelook while in the iron sight view mode, you can move the weapon throughout its full floating zone without changing the direction you are walking or disengaging the iron sights.

Personal: I've bound shift+S to get out/eject, great when you are in a hurry (when under fire etc). Had it on 2xS but accidentally ejected out of cars and helis a few times =)

"Get Out" and "Eject" are two separate commands in the controls page. There is exactly ZERO chance of accidentally ejecting if you have 2x S bound to "Get Out."

I started with 2x S bound to "Get Out" but that was causing me to reverse a car a little bit on exit which is an annoying movement and can't be done without turning the engine on for a second. Also in a tank I'd often order reverse then get out and you'd have a runaway tank crazy_o.gif

"Get Out" and "Eject" are two separate commands in the controls page. There is exactly ZERO chance of accidentally ejecting if you have 2x S bound to "Get Out."

I started with 2x S bound to "Get Out" but that was causing me to reverse a car a little bit on exit which is an annoying movement and can't be done without turning the engine on for a second. Also in a tank I'd often order reverse then get out and you'd have a runaway tank crazy_o.gif

I bound both to same key-combination cause sometimes it gets a bit "hot" and get out wouldnt work in that case (also great for jumping out of helis if thats needed). Now both are bound to Shift+S, safer that way. Wont restart any engines either  (annoying new "feature")

I don't understand why you would bind both Eject and GetOut to the same key. If things were "hot" and you had to mash something Eject always works.

If you eject from a stationary car for example you don't turn off the engine.

last night i acturaly get eject out of an A10 mistakily while takeoff by hitting the wrong one in menu, lucky the plane didnt crash into any of the airport stuff and other players, it do scares a hell out of them biggrin_o.gif

Sry if this is already in this thread.

Get AI to board your vehicle

Go to Map screen then group and select AI

Get AI to drop weapons and they will be stored in vehicle

At any time press G for gear and access those weapons for yourself.

It's very late and i dont think i explained it very good huh.gif