Sign in to follow this  
Skaven

New Racs - Lite Version

Mr. Burns made a nice video where he's actually sniping very well with the M14, Check it CanadianTerror wink_o.gif

(From the German Armed Assault Website)

Please make a big pack of CS weapons converted to Arma!

Pleaseeeeeeeeeeeee. Some Mp5 for example...Fal....Famas....AK series....pleaseeeee notworthy.gif

Quote[/b] ] Pleaseeeeeeeeeeeee. Some Mp5 for example...Fal....Famas....AK series....pleaseeeee

DarkGiver as already done some very nice Mp5s on his Swiss Pack and Neph's AKs are probably getting finished and will be the best Aks this game will ever see as for the Famas, well, it's a French Weapon you checked the French MOD team? They will release some nice ones and I don't think anyone can make a better Famas than a French addon maker, however...

... will something like this make you happy? I hope so, I have 12 of them finished biggrin_o.gif

RusWeap.jpg

AK = Russia

Russia = Russian Soldiers

huh.gif You gonna need some Russian Soldiers too I suppose huh.gif

RusWeap2.jpg

RusWeap3.jpg

They are still WIP that's why they have this faces, they are dying to get in game, I'm really sorry for their behavior whistle.gif

Quote[/b] ]Mr. Burns made a nice video where he's actually sniping very well with the M14, Check it CanadianTerror

biggrin_o.gif

Its not that you cant snipe with it...its just that (IMO) it should have a scope. Having a scope doesnt make it a G36K.

wink_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]Its not that you cant snipe with it...its just that (IMO) it should have a scope. Having a scope doesnt make it a G36K.

Ok, you have your point there, I'll try to find one on the black market, I heard they are cheaper there wink_o.gif

Very nice russians soliders and AK's  inlove.gif I love AK's

One question: Do you have any new machine guns like M249 with scope, M249 Para and others??

Like this :

M249 SAW

M249 PARA

M249 SAW - 2

Those aren't my models and skins,but only borrowed screenshots for info wink_o.gif

I can't wait for other your addons! Wow! Russian in KMLK camo too? whistle.gif

Quote[/b] ]Do you have any new machine guns like M249 with scope, M249 Para and others??

No mate, those are too expensive for the Racs wink_o.gif

btw, you wanna try making some AK-74/AKMS/RPK sounds (so 3 sounds biggrin_o.gif ) I have some but... they miss something and I'm not happy with them. If so, please don't use too much distortion on the sounds make them as clear as possible, ty wink_o.gif

RusWeap.jpg

I'm speechless Skav, and the soldiers are very nice mate yay.gif

Nice, the weapons are looking great xmas_o.gif .

Well, but what about the sniper ? M14 withouth scope can't stand to US or SLA snipers.

I think that Winchester model 70 may be suitable for RACS. Or you could just stick a scope to the M14. I think the rifle got it's own designation then (starting with X).

EDIT: It's XM21, from '75 M21 link.

Also some soldiers may carry outdated M16A1's, that have been widely exported.

Skaven, the mod is fantastic mate - I love it! But I've noticed that AI with the M60 don't engage -

I ran a test in the editor with youir troops and the G3 and M14 soldiers will engage, but the M60 guys just stand there without firing and are cut down by the SLA troops...

Can you help please mate?

Stew

Quote[/b] ]I think that Winchester model 70 may be suitable for RACS. Or you could just stick a scope to the M14. I think the rifle got it's own designation then (starting with X).

Thank you for the suggestion, the M14 with the scope is granted the Winchester model 70, we will see wink_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]I ran a test in the editor with your troops and the G3 and M14 soldiers will engage, but the M60 guys just stand there without firing and are cut down by the SLA troops...

Stewy I would like to help you but I feel like this is just you having that problem, you sure you placed my 3 .pbo files inside the correct folder? You must have something external causing that, what addons do you have in your folder besides mine?

btw, maybe some new ingame and editor pictures so we can easlily define who is who? Just an idea.

RusWeap4.jpg

Nice, the weapons are looking great  xmas_o.gif .

Well, but what about the sniper ? M14 withouth scope can't stand to US or SLA snipers.

I think that Winchester model 70 may be suitable for RACS. Or you could just stick a scope to the M14. I think the rifle got it's own designation then (starting with X).

EDIT: It's XM21, from '75 M21 link.

Also some soldiers may carry outdated M16A1's, that have been widely exported.

Yes I agree, outdated M16A1 would fit he RACS. Also instead of the AT4 the LAW would fit the RACS better.

Trucks for the RACS would be Unimogs. Those are small not very expensive and very powerful.

you know one thing that bugs me about this mod, the weapons feel arcade compared to Arma defaults. especially the m60 - hell you can shoot that thing very controlled standing up. great looks but not for me because of this.

Thanks Skaven, I did a bit more of a test, and noticed that when I give an AI M60 gunner an "Engage At Will" command - he will run up to the man up to about 70 metres and then fire...

If I put the enemy at about 70m when I start the mission, then the AI gunner will fire at him.

But at about 200 metres, the gunner does nothing...

Are other people having this problem - or am I just weird? wink_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]you know one thing that bugs me about this mod, the weapons feel arcade compared to Arma defaults. especially the m60 - hell you can shoot that thing very controlled standing up. great looks but not for me because of this.

Well, those are my custom recoils, you know recoils are just like the sounds or you love them or you hate them, perssonaly I don't like BIS's recoils much specially not the East side ones but than probably BIS doesn't like mine either so biggrin_o.gif

You can however fix the recoils yourself it's pretty easy to make custom ones. Inside the JAm.pbo file you have this class:

class CfgRecoils

Play with the numbers below that line until you find out your type of recoil and than use it it all your future addons wink_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]Thanks Skaven, I did a bit more of a test, and noticed that when I give an AI M60 gunner an "Engage At Will" command - he will run up to the man up to about 70 metres and then fire...

If I put the enemy at about 70m when I start the mission, then the AI gunner will fire at him.

But at about 200 metres, the gunner does nothing...

Well, at least now he's engaging we are getting there biggrin_o.gif

I will check this very carefully but, in my game in Tpm's game in the beta tester's games it works pretty well mate that's why I really don't know how I can help you, what custom addons are you using besides mine?

addons, Skaven? Just about all of them mate! tounge2.gif

I'll keep testing over the next day or two and see what I can come up with wink_o.gif

I'm trying them now Robert, thank you mate wink_o.gif

Skaven, the addons aren't showing up for me. Could this be related to the 1.07 Beta patch and compatibility issues?

Well I like the addons actually but they seem very unbalanced versus default BIS units (maybe because of AI engagement rages from the weapon configs? dunno... they just mow down all opfor with ease and minimal to none casualties on some distance.

Also I don't like the recoil. Weapons like the M60 and the G3 should "kick" more... but well. I can't have everything.

Nice addons anyway.

Skaven, the addons aren't showing up for me. Could this be related to the 1.07 Beta patch and compatibility issues?

Works fine for me (latest 1.07 beta).

Check out if you unpacked all pbo files.

Quote[/b] ]Also I don't like the recoil. Weapons like the M60 and the G3 should "kick" more... but well. I can't have everything.

Ok I'll redo the recoils if the majority as the same opinion.

Quote[/b] ]Only want to say thx for the M14!

And I wanna say thanks for your nice movie notworthy.gif

Quote[/b] ]Skaven, the addons aren't showing up for me. Could this be related to the 1.07 Beta patch and compatibility issues?

Don't think so mate, this addon should work well in any release, and I think most of us are using 1.07 like you.

I'm preparing a surprise for you guys, I wasn't going to do it since it goes against my philosophy on this addon but, I got too many requests so... let's just say for now that it's a second team of Racs with a little better equipment, close to BIS Racs weapons. I will release it in a week or so with all the bugs mentioned fix. New soldier textures (new cammo) and some new weapons wink_o.gif