Sign in to follow this  
Unleashed2k

What ARMA is missing.

We have TDM, C&H, COOP, KP CTI, RTS, CTI, Survival, etc but no Team Survival or CQB Team Survival (close quarter battles).

Alot of ARMA users came from games like the Rainbow Six Series, and other cqb type games.

So to start off by help getting Team Survival up and running, me and my brother (eraser) will are making a map pack that will be hopefully will be released this Friday.

It will contain CQB maps, that are fun no respawns, with different variations/configurations. Including 4v4, 8v8, and more.

Our maps will be restricted to certain weapons (TBA).

If you would like to make a map and release it by friday to be including in our map pack, fill free to reply or pm me!

Will update this post when I can, and will add the map pack, with screenshots and release more info soon!

Thanks for reading, and I hope you -- the community (or I should say scripters and mappers) will help us to bring the CQB style of gameplay over!

Quote[/b] ] CQB maps, that are fun no respawns
Sounds excellent! biggrin_o.gif

Team Survival - is that TDM, but smaller scaled with no respawns? Just want to make sure I understand. Sounds interesting and if the missions are CQB you could probably pump out some quick missions to fight in. Good work.

I see you work with/on action inside, I know the owner of that and novainside smile_o.gif

Guys there may be a slight delay as we're in discussion with BDA.

(plus my father had a possbile stroke, and my family is coming down for a few days then im leaving for indiana for 2 months, but i will be working on this up here and additional map packs)

What might happen -

CQB maps will be exclusive to the BDA Training Server (people can leak it from there if they like, but it would be beta and not final versions)

Then final versions will be released, will full intros and music, aswell as detailed briefings and other goodies

Team Survival - is that TDM, but smaller scaled with no respawns?  Just want to make sure I understand.  Sounds interesting and if the missions are CQB you could probably pump out some quick missions to fight in.  Good work.

Team Survival is essentially just TDM but without the respawns, like you said. It doesn't necessarily have to be CQB, but I think most games that incorporated team survival had CQB.

This should be good. I had alot of fun with Team Surival in other games.

ArmA is missing the player base that knows and wants to work as a team instead of a bunch of BF2 kiddies. ArmA is missing a dev team that can generate a patch without messing something else up and one that is also able to follow an accuratly scheduled agenda. ArmA is missing a decent editor so that map makers don't have to be fluent in a made up programing language to know how things work. Those are amidst a plethora of problems. I seriously expected much much more from BIS as the game looked promising for the 7 years it was in development.

Also bear in mind that I had a shitty day at work and came home to play ArmA only to join a server with a bunch of Tk'n homo's. And all the wonderful ArmA physics to guide the misery along. So this is a truthful but rational post :|

7 years in development, hmm smile_o.gif

Anyway, those Communities are out there, but just with any other game it's usually not found on Public Servers...

Private Servers is actually a wrong word for the other servers, it's merely 'Passworded' servers, and in many cases you can just read the password from their website or receive it after a simple introduction post...

There's many good servers out there, you just don't get there by ranting on BIS forums about what idiots you come across on public servers...

About the mission editor... The mission editor is simply brilliant... it's VERY easy to use for most of all your tasks as a mission maker.

Anyone can simply learn from unpacking someone else's Mission, scripts etc.

If you want to go more advanced, that's possible too, and what.... you don't like it that you have to learn something if you want something more advanced done?? Then simply leave that up to the ppl that do like it and create scripts, functions, whole libraries just for your use!

don't want to nitpick, but CQB means fighting mainly indoors, and fighting in towns is more likely called urban combat, just to clarify..

Bf2's editor was easy to use... Even Novalogics editors were easy to use. ArmA's editor is not very userfriendly. If it were than there would be less questions about scripts and less how to's.

I see you work with/on action inside, I know the owner of that and novainside smile_o.gif

Guys there may be a slight delay as we're in discussion with BDA.

(plus my father had a possbile stroke, and my family is coming down for a few days then im leaving for indiana for 2 months, but i will be working on this up here and additional map packs)

What might happen -

CQB maps will be exclusive to the BDA Training Server (people can leak it from there if they like, but it would be beta and not final versions)

Then final versions will be released, will full intros and music, aswell as detailed briefings and other goodies

Action-Inside/Nova-Inside...  Are you referring to Atomic or someone else.  If you visit http://www.nova-inside.com you will see the at the left column under JO: Escalation - gametype setup for Permanent Death mode for Joint Ops.  Kind of a twist to team survival, but I can relate to what you are working on.  We helped setup some real fun events for JO, but ArmA is a much better game to promote.  Anyway, nice effort to spark up some squad events.  Just need to see what squads can get the info and see who wants to enjoy some scrimamges.....

I could start work on a series of maps that are round based in the spirit of real paintball of OFP but in a larger scale.

There was plenty of pvp missions for OFP that didn't have respawn and I'm sure there's some for ArmA too. It's just not a very popular game type on public servers for obvious reasons.

The ones with objectives other than kill or be killed are usually called Attack & Defend (A&D) or somewhat confusingly as PvP coops.

ArmA is missing the player base that knows and wants to work as a team instead of a bunch of BF2 kiddies.

That is what you have tight gaming groups that use real world tactics for.

ArmA is missing a dev team that can generate a patch without messing something else up and one that is also able to follow an accuratly scheduled agenda.

I thought the two last updates were beta patches, and minding how frequent they give us updates, betas or not, I don't really care what agenda they go by.

ArmA is missing a decent editor so that map makers don't have to be fluent in a made up programing language to know how things work.

Maybe if you had something else than "kill" in your mind, you could create something too. The editor is simple if you want simple missions, there is room to make advanced stuff but you reach far with the basics once you start fiddle with the editor. Actually, could you come up with one more easy to use editor that has the same capabilities as the ArmA one?

I seriously expected much much more from BIS as the game looked promising for the 7 years it was in development.

OFP wasn't even released 7 years ago, and I'm sure that you during these 7 years closely followed ArmA's development.

Also bear in mind that I had a shitty day at work and came home to play ArmA only to join a server with a bunch of Tk'n homo's.

Again, that's what private gaming groups are for.

I am waiting for a couple of addons (maybe 3?) because ive been messing around with 8v8v8v8...the only problem ive come across is that team 1 has close access to team 2, same with team 3 and team 4. But I could change that if its done like a rectangle (two teams closer, but the other two are more distant away..)

Anyways, when I get my ideas in place and fix acouple of trigger problems... I will be releasing a map pack, also I've had a view of Tom_Anger's upcoming TDM/TS maps, and they are looking very nice, you guys will love it!

FYI Guys: If this map pack is successful, we can submit these maps to Team Warfare, (Ranger/BooBoo is in my clan, and they are activate TWL Admins) and open ladders asap.

P.S. just to clarify, its 8v8 maps for twl, the 8v8v8v8 is just to spice it up, unless twl likes that mode

Quote[/b] ]ArmA is missing the player base that knows and wants to work as a team instead of a bunch of BF2 kiddies.

No, there're tonnes of us. We've just teamed up with other like minded players and formed clans. biggrin_o.gif

Team battles without respawn is a great concept. Usually when I respawn, I lose a lot of interest for the mission. I like the "keep on your toes or you're dead" adrenaline/terror that only OFP and ArmA can provide. pistols.gif